It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Side by side comparison of service records: Kerry/Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
We are in furious spin mode over medals and or ribbons & who owned them regarding Kerry's post tour protest.
Let's review how he may have come to that point by looking at his service record. And let's see what GW was doing at the same time.
This was a very interesting find in as much that I didn't know that Kerry stayed active as a Reservist until the lat 70's.

Military service comparison of Kerry & Bush

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Ahh, that reminds me of another Kerry lie, one I'll probably start a thread about after I get to work and have sources to quote. So here's the teaser:

Whose medals did Kerry give back to Uncle Sam in the late 60s/ early 70s?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Kerry didn't throw medals over the fence. He threw ribbons. There is a difference. It's symbolic. It was also a decision the group he was a part of made together.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Ironically, he has admitted that they weren't his "ribbons" that he threw over the fence. He threw someone else's ribbons who was "absent" from the rally...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Your getting to be like a "hit-n-run" expert BT.

Try this 'brickwall'.....

seekerof

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I already posted this in another thread, but it works here since it was an eyewitness report from someone who was there:

Kerry't text from the GMA interview

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Me?

Who comes into legit threads with propaganda posters, huh Seek?

I know I know, and I sympathize with you: you have to find stuff to make an AWOL silver spoon sucking retard look "curageous" against a multi-decorated legitimate veteran who kept his unformed duties for 12 years! It sucks to be you guys, eh?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Excellent link, BT. The facts are clear and cannot be contested. The record speaks for itself. And the truth hurts in this case, to those who want to hold Bush up as some kind of hero. What a joke.

I gave this thread a 10 score, for the record.

The way I see it, I went to war, volunteered for a little hazardous duty of my own - as did Kerry - and I was the one who earned my medals. I have every right to do with them as I please. If I give them back because I want to strongly emphasize and protest what I see as being wrong, I have every right to do that. If I want to display my medals on my office wall in a pretty glass case for all the world to see, that too, is my right.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I was the one who earned my medals. I have every right to do with them as I please. If I give them back because I want to strongly emphasize and protest what I see as being wrong, I have every right to do that. If I want to display my medals on my office wall in a pretty glass case for all the world to see, that too, is my right.

Ahh, but what if you want to have it both ways, as Kerry did? He wanted to make the statement about throwing his medals/ribbons (in Kerry's words, "ribbons and medals were interchangable") over the fence, but also wanted to display them in a pretty glass case. Well, if you ever want to do that, just do what Kerry did. Find some rube who will give you his medals, and throw those over the fence. Then go on Goodmorning America and say they were your 3 purple hearts, a bronze star, and a silver star. Then display them at your house 30 years later.

This guy says whatever will get him in the good graces of whoever he's speaking to. What a bunch of BS.

And I don't tout GWB jr. as a war hero. I know better.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
who cares about ribbons the picture is obvious kerry is a war hero, and bush our command in chief and the man wagging a war in iraq is a (coward) it can not get any clear than this. The republicans use those old media clips from kerry for political gain but they forgot about bush record, can somebody dig out his daughters records? they are pretty wild.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
who cares about ribbons the picture is obvious kerry is a war hero, and bush our command in chief and the man wagging a war in iraq is a (coward) it can not get any clear than this. The republicans use those old media clips from kerry for political gain but they forgot about bush record, can somebody dig out his daughters records? they are pretty wild.

As opposed to the man who let terrorism run wild who never served a day in the military?? The same man who went to school overseas to avoid the draft??

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
That so-called "propaganda" poster speaks volumes, don't it BT?
Whether it does to you or not, really doesn't matter, but be assured, it does matter to those multitudes of Vietnam Vet's who feel that Mr. Kerry betrayed them.
Amazing how many of those Vietnam Vet's are asking exactly which side he did fight on....interesting, eh BT? Whats good ole' spin-meister Terry McAuliffe got to say to those charges?
Your 'man' and wannabe presidential hopeful takes a bb-sized fragment and whats the first thing he does....? Wants a Purple Heart! Why? Because then it would allow him to go home.

Tell you again, as I have mentioned before, your "man" definitely don't want to play the "war-hero" bit or for the matter, he better abstain (send good ole' Terry the same message, since he hasn't learned this yet) from talking "military record"! His is most certainly questionable and can be gone over 'tooth-n-nail' as you anti-Bushmites have already riddled Bush's military record. The only thing the man can say is that he served in Vietnam 4 little ole' months......
War record a minefield for Kerry

You guys keep shooting yourselves in the foot BT on this issue, as well as others, and come November, the last laugh, despite those "war-hero" claims, will go to the man you'll have been looking to vehemently remove from office! "Folks" better get their act together and instead of bashing Bush at every opportunity, better float some REAL policies and plans, cause as it stands now, your slowly sinking in numbers.
BTW....White House sends it regards:

seekerof

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Ok, once more for the people at the back:

Puppet1: "I believe the puppet on my right shares my beliefs."
Puppet2: "Well I believe that this is an issue the puppet on the left will have to share with me"

Quit the squabling, they're all on the same team!!! They are just puppets serving the same agenda. Who controls the puppets? I'll leave that up to you, but there's one thing you'd better get used to right now. You can't trust ANY of them!!! This is all just a show for the ignorant masses, you might as well be watching Gladiators.

Let's get on the same team and fight corruption, then start with the politics because right now they don't mean squat.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I just have been unable to buy into that S&B/Bilderburg/NWO point of reference.
I simply think it's the nadir of the MIC ( Military Industrial Complex ) on steroids.
The Bush & Walker clans were the "fixers" for the old money families and became one of them over generations by inter-marrying. They learned the blueprint and exploited the same avenues to amass their wealth & power ( you don't actually think that governerships & presidencies in that family were earned on MERIT, do you!?!?
). THAT IS a conspiracy and the one to focus on, IMO.

Seek:
I love when you hit the board after getting your daily dose of GOP talking points!

I can see you scribbling down those gems as soon as they fall from the blue lips of Cheney!
The trouble is this: the foolish & misplaced smear attempt on Kerry's service record has already been exposed as the desperate measure it is by the Bush camp. Haven't you read today's papers? They slammed the Cheney speech ( which the college president apologized to the student body for! ) and basically summarized that the economy/jobs/environment are all lost issues for the Bush camp; hence, they need to be rabid in "defending" the last standing misconception for many - that Bush is a "sound" anti-terror/wartime leader.

Good luck with that one, mate!

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I never said either S&B/Bilderburg/NWO so I don't know where you got that. They're spook story titles, I don't buy into them either. Don't ever believe though that their is a difference, it doesn't have to be NWO for them to serve the same agenda.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think it's also a matter of absolutes: being the energy industry insiders that they are, the Cheney/Bush presidency has really hyper extended the MIC issues.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of either of them, Bush had daddy keep him at home while Kerry was a unpatriotic hippy. booo. If I had to choose one it would be bush, but if his draft plans are true I don't really know how to feel.

new topics

top topics

join