It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angels & Demons - Dave Rabbit At The Movies - NO SPOILERS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c37a8db82ae.jpg[/atsimg]

AboveTopSecret.Com’s Movie Critic, Dave Rabbit, reviews director Ron Howard’s latest Dan Brown epic, “Angels & Demons”. Dave goes out of the studio and does this show in a very special location. Does this sequel to “The Da Vinci Code” pass Dave’s muster which is based upon “Entertainment Value” at the movies? With insightful Commentary, Trailers, Photos and Movie Clips, get an insider’s look into “The Illuminati”.

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 5/22/2009 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Awwh, I really want to watch your review (love the setting) but it gets stuck at 5.27 - just as your about to review it
I'll check back later, maybe it's my computer

I have mixed feelings on the film though, the book is actually a prequel ti the Di Vinici Code but the film is being done as a sequel. I really wouldn't mind seeing it as it looks great, but i read the di'vinci code before i saw the film, the book was far better and the film was a let down, however, if i'd seen the film first i probably wouldnt have thought that. I am tempted to read Angels & Demons before i watch the film, but am worried that the film will then not live up to the book. Hope your review might help me descide. Look forward to watching your review in it's entirety and thanks for taking the time to do a video review on it

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'll be Jack Sparrowing this one...

YAR!!!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Now this is one that I've been waiting to see. Thanks for the review keep em coming.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I don't think you will be disappointed. I'm picky as hell when it comes to entertainment value.... and that is how I really judge a movie..... not all the picky BS that the regular critics look for..... sheesh.

Dave

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up Dave, I plan on going to see this one as well.

Tomorrow I plan on hitting the theater for Star Trek. I'm hoping the crowds will be less than they were this opening weekend.

Cool review my friend, I loved the Buddhist temple.

wupy

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thanks Dave.

I'm looking forward to seeing this one. I read the book before I read The Da Vinci Code or seen the film. I personally enjoyed this book more.

I'm looking forward to your review of terminator as well. I have enjoyed all the films in the franchise to date and just recently got turned on to the TV show. Can't wait to hear your thoughts mate.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I am a little confused.

Did someone else make this movie?

I saw this movie before and no I am not talking about the DaVinci Code.

I am talking about Angels and Demons. I saw this movie it didn't have Tom Hanks but just about the rest of the stuff in the trailer is pretty close.

It was on a DVD and I watched it at the home of co-worker's friend.

Did anyone else see this movie or a movie very much like it?

I read the book so I know that it "was" Angels and Demons we even talked about how much it was like the book and how it deviated in places.

I didn't dream it and I am not going crazy. Am I?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Yeah.... I'm already working on the research for Terminator in preparation for seeing the preview DVD early next week. Like you, I loved the previous versions and really loved the Sarah Conner Chronicles. I thought it was smartly written and had a workable cast that blended well. I have a few MSM movie critic friends that I have developed and they have given me a few inside tips on things, based upon their longevity in the business.... so I plan on drawing from this from time to time too. That said, my reviews are always going to be about the practicality of dropping $10 to $20 on a movie and at least walking out of the theater and feeling like you got your money's worth.

Dave

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I don't think so.... at least not based on the book that the movies were based on that Ron Howard bought the screenplays. That said, I have seen DVDs at CrockBuster that are knock offs of movies, but they have made minor changes and have actors that normally do Tidy Bowl commercials.

If you find out something different... let us all know.

Dave

[edit on 5/11/2009 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I am a little confused.

Did someone else make this movie?

You may be talking about omega code.

That was similar.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Thanks Andy.... I was unfamiliar with that.

Dave

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The only real let down for me is that about half way through the movie I thought I knew how it was going to end and turned out I was right. I have never read the book so have no idea how it compares to the movie and the effects were good.

Only other thing is Ron Howard kept talking about controversy in interviews and I really didn't see that in this movie. After seeing the movie it seemed like Ron was just trying to push to get more people to go talking about it being controversial.

It's a pretty decent movie in the end though.

new topics

top topics

join