It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens US with first strike

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
If I was living in america I don`t think I`d be laughing. Just because you think that the american army is almighty and will sweep everything from its path, does n`t mean to say it gonna happen. Arrogance has been more than one countrys downfall.
One of these days someones gonna give the US the spanking it needs and then you won`t be laughing.

Spanking we deserve???? Who started the MESS in North/South Korea??? It was communists from China and the USSR. So....the US deserves to be attacked because of the EVIL actions of communists???

Yeah, those communists living plush lives while their own people die because of hunger. Those communists that mis-used humanitarian aid from the "US."

Let's see....South Korea is a vibrant country because of the US and you're siding with the backward a$$ North Koreans in this fight??? So you prefer living in ruin compared to living in an open society??? You're a loser.

Oh, I say bring it on if you think your military or anyone's military can kick our butt.

[Edited on 7-2-2003 by MT69]

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
"Cassini: The US isn't an empire. If it were, most of the world would be part of the 'United States of Earth' by now"

I disagree you need n`t class things in terms like that just look at the world around you and see who is predominant, in power, in commercial enterprise, in all worthwhile indicators and your empire is there to see.

MT sorry but everyone needs pegging down every now and again it keeps us humble. I`m not really commenting on whose to blame I just think any society needs perspective.

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
We don't need to be brought down a peg by anyone. We've spent our blood and money around the world rebuilding and aiding others. The world actually owes us...but we've never called them on it. Uh, does this ring a bell for the French and Germans???

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
". We've spent our blood and money around the world rebuilding and aiding others. The world actually owes us...but we've never called them on it. Uh, does this ring a bell for the French and Germans???"

Many societies have done the same over the course of history so its no good bleating on about that. I just hope that history remembers america for its good points rather than the redneck attitude you have to everything

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Of course it will....because history is written by the WINNERS!!!

Ok, ok, I know, cheap shot...but c'mon, the set-up was just way too good, hehe....

[Edited on 7-2-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think that a lot of people on this post have a false sense of security. N.Korea has had 50 years build up it's power. We have been to war with them before and many people died and some of our soliders are still over there in labor camps. If they attack us when we are in Iraq believe you me a number of people on this board will get drafted. You won't be so smug then will you.

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yes, we were there before. This time, we have even bigger advantages, so there's really no contest...

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Check this quote from CNN.com
SEOUL, South Korea -- North Korea has warned the peninsula risks a nuclear disaster and would be reduced to ashes in the event of U.S. aggression.

www.cnn.com...

What in the name of all that is good is Kim Jong Il thinking?!!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Those of us in the military don't want a draft. We don't want to be babysitting some of the wackos on this board.

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 06:41 AM
link   
WASHINGTON, Feb. 7 � President Bush urged President Jiang Zemin of China today to help resolve the crisis with North Korea, telling him in a phone conversation that Beijing had a responsibility to prevent the North from developing nuclear weapons that could threaten much of Asia.

But even as he insisted that the crisis could be resolved peacefully, Mr. Bush told reporters that "all options are on the table," including military action, if diplomacy failed to prevent North Korea from resuming its efforts to build nuclear weapons.

Link - www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MT69
Those of us in the military don't want a draft. We don't want to be babysitting some of the wackos on this board.

So.... are you sationed at Offutt AFB?

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Or is it hanger 18 at wright-Patterson ?

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   

So.... are you sationed at Offutt AFB?

No.

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Iceland? Greenland?
I work with a guy who was A.F. who pretends to have been Mr. Bond himself.
Is their a school they send Zoomies to that makes them think they are Bond, James Bond double-nut spooks and stuff like that?

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
If I was living in america I don`t think I`d be laughing. Just because you think that the american army is almighty and will sweep everything from its path, does n`t mean to say it gonna happen. Arrogance has been more than one countrys downfall.
One of these days someones gonna give the US the spanking it needs and then you won`t be laughing.

You say the "spanking" the US needs. However, it is not the people who need the spanking... it is the corrupt international bankers who have been building these crisises to a head that need the spanking.

We the people will take the brunt of the abuse, while the international bankers sit in deep bunkers nested comfortably inside mountains.

The real evil doers are not the ones the media talks about, it is the ones with anonymity that they protect who are the most vile.

International Bankers are trying to secure KingLike status in hell.

TO ME:: the most compelling part of this article is this:

The crisis erupted in October when a US envoy to Pyongyang confronted the regime with suspicions that North Korea was engaged in a uranium enrichment programme, in violation of the 1994 agreement which ended the last crisis.

To punish the North, the US cut off supplies of 500,000 tonnes a year of heavy fuel oil, a severe blow to a nation that is desperately short of energy. The north of the country is worst hit but power shortages are apparent even in the capital, where temperatures have fallen as low as -21C recently.

The North claims that the Yongbyon nuclear plant is being used for peaceful purposes. "The US stopped our oil so our country faces a critical shortage of electricity," Mr Ri said. "Our nuclear activities will be confined only to producing electricity."

::::: We cut off their oil supply... then when they are so low on power, that they HAVE to start up the nuclear plant... then we say # you. How about giving them their 500,000 tons of heavy fuel oil back???

[Edited on 9-2-2003 by truthdrug]

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   
truthdrug, my comments were n`t aimed at the people of america who I`ve never really had a problem with(MT69 excluded), so I`d agree that its not the people but the institutions that need the spanking.

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I wouldn't poo-poo off North Koreas threat.
Frankly, I'm more concerned about them than Iraq. They are a determined people. I've seen their military on television. A thousand march in unison, which looks like one.

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 04:17 AM
link   
For Java, I think you'll find the US stopped sending food four months back when this began - the Japanese stopped and now it's the EU and they look as though they may stop.
The "pre-emptive" strike nonsense is sabre-rattling by NK of a pretty hollow sort as far as the US in concerned - NK might -with a very great deal of luck -land something on or near Hawaii.
However, it's jolly frightening as far as SK and Japan are concerned and I anticipate the next stage will be another of those test-firings over the Japanese islands.
For NK, I'm sure it's still about money and food -the interesting events may well prove to be the manoeuvring between China and the US.
China could shut NK down in a day and is equally, if not more, indifferent to losses - I see the Chinese using this as a counter (only one) in the game to get the one thing they really want -Taiwan.

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
FYI- truthdrug
The reactor the NK have reactivated do not produce enough power to even power the island that the plant sits on! It is purely used to enrich Uranium and Plutonium to make bombs.

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Java - I did actally volunteer for Thule Greenland a few years ago, but I was needed elsewhere with my expertise. So sorry, I don't have the Arctic stint on my resume.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join