It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I get into one of those underground bases when SHTF?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I know they're all over the country, but how do I get accepted into one? I don't want to be at the surface when all hell breaks loose in the near future.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Build one of your own, however be prepared to foot an enormous bill for excavation, construction, and the backfill process. Most of the under ground facilities are government in nature and will not be admitting civilians unconnected with the projects tied to said installation. Your best bet is to take a page from proper survivalists and learn to do without the coddling of the Government who will surely abandon you in your hour of greatest need.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well that sucks. I guess I should try getting a government job and start asking around how I can get inside one of those things.

The way you make it sound, the average Joe is out of luck.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
These are only suggestions but might help:
1. Say the right password
2. Get a bunch of people to help storm the front gates
3. Imagine yourself inside one which will at least fulfill your goal in an ontological sense and might even result in a self-fulfilling prophecy.
4. Ask if it's cool to hang out for a bit or use the phone and just don't leave.
5. Join the Power Elite or provide your services.

Let me know if these work otherwise post similar threads in BTS in the future.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by doorbell412
I know they're all over the country, but how do I get accepted into one? I don't want to be at the surface when all hell breaks loose in the near future.

Dress up a pizza delivery guy...

If you have to ask an internet site, you have NOOOO chance of getting access..

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
you want to go underground? i know how you can do it. theres plenty of abandoned underground nuclear bunkers out in the desert. just go find one. some of them are for sale by private contracters, but, theres a few that are just abandoned.

you'll have to research which which though, i wont mind letting you into the one i claim, but i'm not going to name it out in public.

love and peace

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

good point. Its dawning on me lately that just bcus I've worked as a pizza dude I'm probably disqualified.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by M157yD4wn

Be careful in those places, given their age (specifically Titan and Atlas silos) you are likely to encounter asbestos and possibly buildups of Radon gas in the underground portions. From what I have heard the cleanup costs of a abandoned silo is extremely high due to the hazards that must be dealt with, however if you can manage all that you still have the problem of possibly still being a target for Russian ICBMs, which of course is a Bad Thing©

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i don't plan on it being a long term thing by any means. i'm a survivalist, i'll just go to the bunker if the scenario is proper, ie, massive solar flare, nuclear winter, etc. if the sit x isn't calling for it, i won't go.

Asbestos sounds like an ice cream. a deadly ice cream.

love and peace

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
If you stop to consider the sort of people you might encounter in those bunkers, you might want to re-think taking your chances out here with the rest of us.

Would you really want to spend the rest of your life trapped in a bunker trying to get your share of food and resources when you're competing with some of the corrupt and greedy oiks in government and their cronies?

And who do you think would be first in line for slopping out duties?

And if there was ever a food shortage let's guess who would be most likely to end up on the menu

top topics

join