It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200,000 Year Old Statue Found On Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmmmbeer
Apart from the other 'issues' with this story is the 'small' problem that MAN HAS NEVER LANDED ON THE MOON. C'mon folks - be real. If you think 911 was 19 angry muslims or JFK was not assinated then I pity you. Do some research, free your mind from the MSM and your life of slavery.

Biggest question is which of the many hoaxes is te biggest. Moon or 911?

You beat me to the punch.

Ama

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 4N6310

"Until we have(multiple) independent lab tests that determine it's age and composition conclusively(carbon dating/mass spectrometer tests etc), the claims made by the article must be questioned."

So you don't think it's completely fictitious? That we really found a 200,000 year old angel bas relief on the Moon?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I call BOGUS! on this one, and I bring evidence.

Here is a picture of the largest rock brought back from the moon.
Which is smaller than the picture of the waffle iron with the angel in it.
Largest Rock brought back by NASA from the Moon.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

I had the same thought when this 10in angel was mentioned. That would have to have come from a large rock, too large for one of the samples.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
So you don't think it's completely fictitious? That we really found a 200,000 year old angel bas relief on the Moon?

What I think and what I know are 2 entirely different things.
I do find it highly unlikely, but if the moon was inhabited by angel carving folks some 200,000 years ago and artifacts were to be recovered, going from nothing on the moon but dust and rocks to that is quite a leap.
Still, there will have to be the first appearance of such a thing if it does exist and blind skepticism is just as bad as blind faith. We would be fools to deny the truth if it were laid bare before us.

I have absolutely no intention of giving much, if any credence to known tabloids, though.
Even when supposedly reputable news outlets have their occasional conspiracy or UFO related stories, I consider it nothing more than a desperate scape for more ratings. Slumming it, if you will.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

My theory is that at sometime the moon collided with the earth and bits of civilizations it struck got stuck to it.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by warrenb]

Unlikely. A collision of that magnitude would leave nothing.
I mean NOTHING but magma

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Is it me or does the object look photoshopped onto her hand, in the picture in the link.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Originally posted by warrenb

My theory is that at sometime the moon collided with the earth and bits of civilizations it struck got stuck to it.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by warrenb]

Unlikely. A collision of that magnitude would leave nothing.
I mean NOTHING but magma

Not saying the guy was right in any way because I completely agree with you that such a sculpture would be completely obliterated in such an event, but on a similar note, I remember seeing one idea about how the moon was formed by earth and another astral body colliding which flung out enough ejecta to create the moon. As the hot bodies cooled and returned to the default spherical shape, we got our moon.

Anyways, carry on.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by m4ng4n

IF YOU´RE NOT INTERESTED IN THE SUBJECT WHY BOTHER POSTING?!!

Most debunkers and skeptics are interested, and many believe that other life forms are out there.

I'm happy to have them here, if it is a hoax then hopefully they will prove it so we can move on to trying to discover the real deal again. These hoaxes do nothing constructive, they only hurt the "believer" community. You should be thanking skeptics or debunkers who expose hoaxes.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Yep look fake to me, I mean we only get a tiny picture, which looks photoshopped haha.

But who knows maybe the picture is fake and the story is real. Crazy world.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 4N6310

"Still, there will have to be the first appearance of such a thing if it does exist and blind skepticism is just as bad as blind faith."

I find the concept of "blind skepticism" interesting. I looked hard at the article, and wondered how such an object could have gotten there. A single source is like only hearing from one person on a jury, and not knowing if the other eleven agree with him/her or not. With me, the jury was still out until the Bat Boy appeared.

I NEVER "blindly" slam an item. I'm 57 years old and have a bit of experience with this type of article.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
how many red flags does it take?

The batboy logo

The object is far bigger than any rock returned from the moon, wait a minute I thought we didnt go to the moon.

You cant date rock

And you cant date metals

Theres no way to tell it metalic composition without DESTRUCTIVE TESTING.

The bat boy logo

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

no possible way that is real.

nice try, good tie-in attempt with innana of sumerian lore.

entertaining.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Wow! Here on earth, it would take a team of 4,000 archeologists the entire length of human life on earth to find one of those babies, or any other ancient artifact for that matter.

When Buzz Aldrin, Michael Collins and Neil Armstrong went to the moon on the Apollo 11 mission, it was only Armstrong and Aldrin who actually stepped on the surface and collected the 48 lb. of moon rocks. While they were on the surface, Michael Collins was "keepin' the cab runnin'".

history.nasa.gov...

Man, talk about having good luck, eh? A guy could look around on the moon for years and years and not find any sign of previous civilization. But either Aldrin or Armstrong picked up probably the only rock on the moon that had one of these prizes hidden inside. I'll bet that gave him a buzz. That's it... it must have been "Buzz" Aldrin who found it!

Either that or the ancient civilization had the habit of hiding all their artifacts inside rocks so humans from the future wouldn't be able to find them. If that's the case, then there must be millions of these things on the moon hidden inside rocks, making this particular find rather "run of the mill". So I doubt this artifact has very much value since it's probably only one of millions, maybe billions.

But if there is only this one, or let's say only a million of 'em, then this stroke of luck is so off the charts unbelievable (as in "not gonna happen"), then all I have to do is find out which of the two astronauts actually found the correct "magic" rock, go visit him, and see if I can hire him to buy all my lottery tickets from now on. Actually he'd only have to buy me one ticket, considering he's blessed with that kind of luck.

Man, that was pretty uncanny wouldn't you say? BTW, I have a ceramic pot that was made 4 million years ago on Jupiter. I found it beside a dumpster behind a Walmart. I've been trying for two years now, to get my proper fortune for it, but nobody believes it's from Jupiter. They say what gives it away as being made on earth is the date "2006" stamped on the bottom. Of course it's stamped. I put that stamp there to remind me which year I found it. Life just isn't fair.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I cant believe some of you where taken in by this, believe me I believe through a lot of mikes threads that there is evidence of a massive cover up on the moon however people getting taken in by this is nothing short of laughable
God I would love to live next door to you people I would sell you left over spaghetti and tell you it was the virgin marys hair

p.s As in keeping with the terms and conditions this is not a personal attack on any person however a generalised view of a small minority of ATS members

[edit on 5/5/09 by On the level]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
WOW!!!!!!!

this is heavy, heavy news. I LOVE IT!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Flames.

This is not debunking, this is stopping this website from embarrassing itself.
Drop it already.

It's a cropped picture from WeeklyWorldNews (need I say more)
Dr Morris Charles doesn't exist as a 'noted Geologist"

Why on earth (or Moon!) do these posts end up at the opt of this website.

Please someone - for heaven's sake get rid of this stuff.

And someone - if you don't believe me do the following:

Google "Dr Morris Charles" (in quotes) yourself and you'll find the WeeklyWorld Article

And then goto wikipedia and look for this noted Geologist there...

Sorry.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Let me put it this way, for all of those with a vendetta against "debunkers".

If this was IN FACT found on the moon, and we knew THAT aspect for sure, then I guess it would be safe to assume 99% of people would recognize it as a sign of intelligent life.

BUT, that is not what is at hands. It is the legitimacy of the article and artifact itself. The greatest hoax is one that is never found out...obviously. Just because one person questions if something is valid or not, does not mean they are on a mission to prevent their brain from believing of whatever mystery is being spoken of.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I didn't know christianity is 200,000 years old how very enlightening

2nd line to say there's some interesting info on this site and there's some absolute rubbish posted too.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a Weekly World News article made the ATS home page?

well that's a blow to the sites reputation. :bnghd:

hopefully this gets endorsed by a creditable source, that way ATS will seem capable of seeing the truth, no matter how much of a joke the source is.

No offense intended Mods, i can understand why you would post it, it's exciting.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Pondering Soul]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join