It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda using hip hop for Jihad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Al Qaeda using hip hop for Jihad

www.cnn.com

The latest video from Somalia's al Qaeda-backed Al-Shabaab wing is as slickly produced as a reality TV show but with a startling message -- complete with a hip-hop jihad vibe.

Experts think Abu Mansoor al-Amriki, dubbed "The American" by al Qaeda, speaks in the Somali video.

"Mortar by mortar, shell by shell, only going to stop when I send them to hell," the unidentified voice raps on the video, which runs at least 18 minutes
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Now they are trying hip hop to try and appeal to young recruits. The article also says:

"We're seeing perhaps their most sophisticated attempt so far to really reach an audience of potential recruits in America, and that's one of the things that made that video very significant," said Ben Venzke of the IntelCenter, a Washington-based research group that tracks al Qaeda's development and messages.

"They're casting it in a way that's going to speak to the youth of today," Venzke said. "Most of the time, what we're seeing in their videos directly parallels what the groups are doing operationally, what they are targeting, where they're recruiting."

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Murder Rap

The grand irony is how tame the Al Qaeda hip-hip is compared to the American version.

It's all good fun until they start set-trippin' with the Ace-Tray Crips. If they try to play that, the 152nd Street AQ Mullahs are headed for a beatdown, yo.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

that is funny, thank you for the laugh. i do not think they could reach younger americans with this kind of thing. they'll have to flash some money, show a few scantily clad women, and plug a brand name liquor. also a maybach or two would be nice. but this isn't going to happen. our youth want material things, not to be blown to tiny pieces of material.

funny thing, in some African countries, ie Rwanda and some South American countries, the rebels or the freedom fighters, from whatever perspective, they blast old school gangster rap, Tupac being a favorite. if it gets you hype, it gets you hype i guess.

imagine al-quaeda going on a patrol. speeding along in jeep wranglers, .50 caliber machinegun attached to the roll bar, armed to the teeth, pumping nWa. turbans flying in the wind.

love and peace

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hmmm.....that's interesting, most super conservative Muslims are against music period, some may allow Quran set to music, but typically ultra conservatives do not allow instruments at all. Now, I don't want get into an arguement over whether terrorists are Muslims or not. But I was under the impression that al Queda used the guise of being ultra religious for recruitment? Did something change? I mean trying to appeal through hip hop music seems counterproductive, to me.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If I was them I'd use a better approach than Rap (or even Metal), I'd go for a Heathen style approach to music like with Folk or traditional instruments. Then have pictures of war-torn towns with American soliders "parading" the streets, and have pictures showing what it used to be like before the war.
I did a similar thing with my Acoustic Black Metal project showing how productivity destroyed the Peak District here in England and it did quite well, it would get a better audience than some fantasy Rap video anyway.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Maybe we can all get together and sing camp fire songs and and roast marshmallows while we're at it. These people claim to hate us yet here they are using music inspired and created by African-American rappers.Let me guess the women in the video come out in short shorts and machine guns with their shawls over their faces chanting "Death to America" right. Give me a friggin break. Morons.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I heard Achmed the Dead Terroist was putting out a hip hop album this fall. He said making it was a blast.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
this reallyisnt news at all, they have done this before.
I dont know if you all got that DVD in the mail during the election period called"Obsession" but they stole a beat from a mainstream American hip hop song and rapped over the beat. The only thing I can remember from the rap was them saying something along the lines of how they would take us out
"Just like we did the with two towers, HaHa, HaHa".

Cant even take em that serious, they cant even make their owns beats.
HaHa, HaHa!

top topics

join