It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien giants land in russia - fantastic ufo/et evidence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This sounds similar to that African event where school children were also witness to similar events.

I think the ATS community has already established that eye witness accounts are not admissible evidence. Nor is the belief from reputable sources such as those listed in that thread of quotes floating around here somewhere.

While we are at it, video and picture evidence is not accepted either, because well they just could be faked and some actually have been faked, so that means most probably are.

Additionally historical events centered around UFO incidences are also not acceptable. Ie Roswell, Battle of LA etc.

And those of you who think NASA videos of unidentified things flying around in orbit are good evidence, sorry try again. By the way NASA cannot be trusted anyway they are government run, so you know the drill....

For anyone wanting to post anything regarding UFO's in the future please refer to the above mentioned list.

And do not forget to also rule out the following

Venus
Swamp gas
birds
lens flare
double glazed window reflections
clouds
chinese lanterns
holograms
secret government projects
water drops
ice particles
gremlins
balloons
claymation
ISS
satellites
please forgive if I have left anything out.

Now once you have ruled all of these things out. You must realize that it is likely CGI or photoshop.

For those who think I am being sarcastic, well I'm not really.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

[edit on 5/5/2009 by jkrog08]

No offense, but these kids look like the type that would get together and make up some fantasy story just to get some attention from their friends and family.. Especially the girl.. Wouldn't doubt if she was the one who came up with the idea

[edit on 5-5-2009 by doorbell412]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mapper

while i see your analogy as apt, it's not entirely accurate. heck i've used it myself. but as far as i know, no one has been sent to jail(discounting this whole suspected terrorist crap happening now) solely on witness testimony. witness testimony is PART of any investigation, and an important part, but it should never be used as the only evidence in an investigation. people can and do lie, that's why you need other evidence to back up what witnesses say, otherwise there's reasonable doubt that what they say isn't entirely accurate, if not an outright lie.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by doorbell412

perhaps you could put together a database with facial characteristics that denote someone is prone to fantasy. that'll save us all a lot of trouble in the future.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by optimus primal]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by m0r1arty

Это было очень смешно должность товарища
Интересно, если кто-то другой займет время, чтобы перевести его?

Oh, sure...easy for you guys to say...

Now either share with the rest of the boys and girls, or go stand in the corner.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Yes.

The last time this was discussed, as far as I know, was in February, on this thread.

[edit on 5/5/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

You know, I remember when this video was posted some months ago and the discussion following it. The debunkers claim was merely, that everyone in the video lied.

It is possible that people are not telling the truth, but without lying.

Because a group of people believe they all saw something doesn't mean the "something" was what they actually saw.

link   

Originally posted by unknown sheppard
if there was a video i would defintly believe it or maybe a photo but you over exagerated for some reason all that video shows is more evidence no facts and shows a new type of alien apparently unless something like that has been seen already

it was interesting though
but if i find a video on youtube (which ive seen) of an actual alien that is creepy as hell il post it but if anyone knows of which one they will beat me too it. the video is short and the alien is walking towards the person with the camera

YES but

if there was a video of it.......
it wouldnt be the best quality as nobody walks around excepting alien giants to land.....

and if it WAS good quality ie somebody happened to be filming and had a good camcorder.. you`d say `oh its too good to be true it must be fake`

skeptics are never happy

link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
reply to post by doorbell412

perhaps you could put together a database with facial characteristics that denote someone is prone to fantasy. that'll save us all a lot of trouble in the future.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by optimus primal]

All I'm saying is, why were there so many "witnesses" yet not one single video or a freakin photo. Until there is some type of proof, "kids drawings don't count", this is nothing more than a story made up by vivid imagination and belongs in SKUNK WORKS.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Elijahspirit - Over and over, the religion of alien visitation tells skeptics to "prove it's fake". This is simply not how it works. Even Carl Sagan, who believed in aliens, said that "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" when referring to alien visitation. He never found satisfactory evidence and he was on the believers side. If you make a claim such as this it is up to you to prove it - not for others to disprove it.

Mapper - "Eyewitness testimony" would tell us then that the virgin Mary is constantly visiting Earth. I must assume you believe this too. Or is anything relating to religion automatically discarded as hallucinations or something?

Doorbell - Of course you realise that even though kids make up stories all the time and lie often, when they say they saw aliens they must be telling the truth.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
reply to post by Phage

Yes, it seems to me much like what happens in the US after something makes the press. The usual cover up story. Yet the event still stands.

i absolutly agree.. i dont believe ANY of the witneses claimed them to be `three eyed aliens` i think it was a bit of mickey mouse made up to discredit the case and ridicule the witnesses....

they even said the army and the police cornered off the area for days and did tests everywhere

why the hell would that happen if it was a `nothing to see here`?!!!!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

That is complete utter [snip] and you know it. People have been convicted and people have been let go. Ever hear of an alibi? Oh i was in a bar when i killed this guy, here are the testimonies of 5 people who seen me in the bar.

What are you trying to convince yourself. Its [snip] what you said and you know it.

Mod Edit: Please Do Not Circumvent Automatic Censors

Also Please Review: Courtesy is Mandatory
Civility and Decorum are Required on ATS

[edit on 5-5-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by elijahspirit

Who said so? TASS?

Here's an in depth look at Voronezh.
www.ufologie.net...

A few things of note about the case:
The drawings the kids made bear little, if any resemblance to each other. One of the kids put a cyrillic letter on his spaceship (cool).

The case got the attention of a lot of UFO groups...who promptly became very disappointed while conducting their own investigations.

Russian ufologist Boris Shurinov would later note: "the case collapsed like a house of cards and the journalists who raveled on the spot found themselves vis-a-vis kids burning with the desire for being interviewed and very ready to declare themselves witnesses."

TASS said there were hundreds (if not thousands) of witnesses, yet when researchers and journalists went looking for them, all they could find was four kids.

All kinds of reporters of the Western medias furrowed the city. They heard to say that in addition to the four children, there had been hundreds of adult witnesses. They found none, except if you count the mother of one of the children who stated that at a certain time whereas she went to a family celebration, she saw a flickering of red, green and yellow lights above the roof of a house. Nobody cared to check if her description of ordinary plane lights related to an ordinary plane or an extraterrestrial spaceship, however.

It's a pretty long article.

[edit on 5/5/2009 by Phage]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
This sounds similar to that African event where school children were also witness to similar events.

I think the ATS community has already established that eye witness accounts are not admissible evidence. Nor is the belief from reputable sources such as those listed in that thread of quotes floating around here somewhere.

While we are at it, video and picture evidence is not accepted either, because well they just could be faked and some actually have been faked, so that means most probably are.

Additionally historical events centered around UFO incidences are also not acceptable. Ie Roswell, Battle of LA etc.

And those of you who think NASA videos of unidentified things flying around in orbit are good evidence, sorry try again. By the way NASA cannot be trusted anyway they are government run, so you know the drill....

For anyone wanting to post anything regarding UFO's in the future please refer to the above mentioned list.

And do not forget to also rule out the following

Venus
Swamp gas
birds
lens flare
double glazed window reflections
clouds
chinese lanterns
holograms
secret government projects
water drops
ice particles
gremlins
balloons
claymation
ISS
satellites
please forgive if I have left anything out.

Now once you have ruled all of these things out. You must realize that it is likely CGI or photoshop.

For those who think I am being sarcastic, well I'm not really.

really well said.... ive come to the conclusion though if you have a sighting, putting it on here though is the worst place to put it or talk about it as all you`ll get is ridicule

at the end of the day its YOUR truth what matters... if somebody has a problem with believing the ufo or et phenomena thats THEIR problem/mental block all the best

[edit on 5-5-2009 by elijahspirit]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
again as people seem to be ignoring my comments (skeptics listen to what they want to listen to)

number 1:

YES but

if there was a video of it.......
it wouldnt be the best quality as nobody walks around excepting alien giants to land.....

and if it WAS good quality ie somebody happened to be filming and had a good camcorder.. you`d say `oh its too good to be true it must be fake`

skeptics are never happy

number 2:

they even said the army and the police cornered off the area for days and did tests everywhere

why the hell would that happen if it was a `nothing to see here`?!!!!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by elijahspirit

really well said.... ive come to the conclusion though if you have a sighting, putting it on here though is the worst place to put it or talk about it as all you`ll get is ridicule

Then why do you keep doing it, weneedtoknow?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Then why do you keep doing it, weneedtoknow?

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
Albert Einstein

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There was also a Sighting of Spacemen much like these wearing Spacepacks in Yorkshire in the Mid-80's, 3 children playing saw a Spaceman on a Hill and went to inform the teacher about it. I think there was descriptions and drawings made by the schoolkids in that account from what I recall, even though the encounter was brief.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I remember this case back in the 80's. It was on our national television which rarely if not at all broadcast UFO topics. Maybe TASS wasn't official Kremlin agency at that time but it was, for sure, Kremlin or KGB thing. They wanted the world to see USSR as open society that don't cover up secrets that are important to humanity. For me it was display of mind control technics (hello to CIA).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join