It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bat-A-Thon! What A Day..........And Stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This past Saturday. Absolutely wonderful.

It was a day when it rained a little. The temperature was around 70 degrees F.
Children donned their uniforms, and coaches shouted just the perfect amount of constructive criticism. Actually criticism is the wrong word. Support is the correct word.
BAT-A-THON!!!!!!!
591 kids (girls and boys) showing their skills.
I was a volunteer. Hey I even got my own T-Shirt! Yeah! I recorded distances. Handed out T-Shirts. Helped grill burgers and dogs. Was a supervisor of the Moon Bounce.
The Philly Phanatic was there. Ummmmm.......... Philly Phanatic. You know, the mascot of the WORLD CHAMPION PHILLIES! The Philly Phanatic was dancing around, and doing all the cool stuff that he does. I SCREAMED "BASEBALL ROCKS!" The Phanatic came over to me and grabbed me. I lifted him up very gently. He doesn't ever talk, but I whispered to him as I lifted him, "Thank you! Do your thing". Then he 'knocked me out' and danced around.

Every child had a chance to bat. Every one of them. My son hit 70 feet. 70 feet!!!!!!! AWESOME! Wearing his uniform, his hat, and his new cleats we went to the Diner. He knew to take his hat off indoors. I am the proudest Dad on the face of the planet.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Awesome man! Sounds like a fantastic day all around.

I can't wait for the day when my little man is big enough to do these things with. Fantastic stuff.

I always enjoy your stories...they really give me a boost.

join