It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Before I start this thread, I have to say, that im not here to support or to debunk anyones theories. im just proposing an idea that has come across my mind these last few years.

Ok, to start off, I believe that everything we know, or that we think we know is a product of perception. Every single belief, or idea is all due to what we perceived to happen during a situation, or perceptions that a person has experienced during a situation and was passed down generation after generation. One instance was in Nazi Germany, and how Hitler made Germany perceive the Jews as a threat. This can also be shown with instances like: Martin Luther and the Catholic Church, or how after WWII, that America thought communism as "evil", when indeed they were our allies against the Nazi threat. Or, when Slavery was thought of as a "good thing" and "natural" because thats what the top people in society said. So, what its my point here? Everything can and most likely is up to perception. Like, for instance, 2012. We all perceive this time to be threatening because that is what we are led to believe from the thoughts and ideas of people who have come before us. And this can go on for almost everything. Time, Space, Consciousness, Religion, Politics, Government, ect ect.. so, in thinking this way, I have a clarity, a perception of my own. and it is that I truly "Know" nothing at all. Its all up to change and to perception. And please, if you have any thoughts or ideas, post them, I would love to see your perception on this topic!

join