It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GIs Told to Bring Afghans to Jesus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
No you are NOT the only one who feels this is disturbing. This is exactly what the Muslims have a problem with. We are over there occupying their lands and trying to convert this. I didnt think this was for real till I saw it. Great Find.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
you know this thread should be sticked for a few months

there are still to many people here who don't get it

I sure applaude your logical conclussions both regarding the impropriety of such actions as being carried out by this U.S. Military Chaplain and the very valid observation that it won't be until the masses see how these religious contentions are being inflamed to all of their detriments.

Sadly when the Middle East blows up into a fullscale World War III that is fought in ways the silly, naive and previously well protected by our oceans and distance Christians of this country will be dismayed, horrified and shocked by when the violence and madness of it all shows up on their door steps and in their communities and its their property and lives being damaged or destroyed it will be just a little too late to find all that much comfort in "I told you so" and the sudden resounding chorus of "Yes you sure did and I sure now see what you mean".

I feel a responsibility to keep being that person who said "I told you so" and planting as many seeds even if just by scattering them on infertile ground for the rains that are surely going to come at this rate to help them take hold, sprout and begin to grow. With luck maybe enough will that the canopy of that new growth can ward off a dehydration of collective 'wisdom' and keep that growing deluge from becoming a tempest.

Every little bit helps and I very much appreciate and thank you for yours!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think that they were fond of our advertised lifestyle.

Now that true colours are revealed, of course their attitudes have changed.

Peace...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost
No you are NOT the only one who feels this is disturbing. This is exactly what the Muslims have a problem with. We are over there occupying their lands and trying to convert this. I didnt think this was for real till I saw it. Great Find.

Thank you freind you make your name's sake ghost proud. Our forefathers were not religious men but diests and athiests and agnostics by and large.

Their European ancestory and direct ties too it had illustrated to them the many fallicies, hypocracies, and murderous dangers that had long been all to inherent and vissibly manifest in the Holy Roman Empire the Papal domination of Europe, the stamping out of other Pagan religions and it's murderous imposition as a political means of controlling the masses.

They truly wanted the United States and it's citizens to be free of that scourge, but like Jefferson and his fellow Patriots warned, those who were looking to attack our personal liberties and freedoms would always be on the attack to take them away from us.

America was based on seperation of church and state and gaurantees religious freedom to all it's citizens. While many Christians might falsely claim this as an attack on their religion it is not an attack but a counter attack and a defense against their far to frequent and far too aggressive incursions and assaults on our Constitutional principals to turn our Representative Democracy into the same type of Church Dominated Authoritarian Government that existed for it's own power and wealth in Europe.

That is what our forefathers were trying to escape, not recreate and certainly to not export either at a later date.

Thanks my friend.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

When did the Hindus do this?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Yeah, they might start flying planes full of innocent passengers into large buildings filled with innocent workers. Oh wait........................

They used to be SO fond of us before we invaded their terrorist training camp posing as a country.

Sadly my friend, and I say sadly for a reason...amongst our other grand and unique rapidly dissapearing Constitutional principals is suspects are in fact "Innocent until proved guilty"

Our government either through malfeasance, incompetence, deception or direct involvement in some conspiracy has never sought or thought to try these accused people even in absentia in a Constitutional Court of Law to establish their guilt as would be required to make your assertion one that holds Constitutional Validity because until an independent Judiciary in an American Court of Law can convene to allow free and open proceedings and a Jury of American citizens to delliberate on all the evidence regarding that dark black day in American history, only a bigoted fool would accept Trial by Media, and Trial by Executive Branch, and Trial by Secret Committee of Congress to suffice in exchange of Trial by Jury in a American Court of Law...

No one...not even you or I, has been adequately proven to have carried out those attacks or not carried out those attacks, but those who stand accused with out ever being charged or tried are not from Afghanistan my friend...so your contention really is just a self serving one that extolls the virtues of forcing Christianity on every person on the globe, and a false assumption that the attacks that occured on September 11th were carried out because we are falsely and unconstitutionaly presumed to be a "Christian" nation.

People are in fact tired of the constitutional abuses by the religious minded who forget that the Constitution is there to protect us all from the likes of such narrow minded thinking and circular logic as the religious always put forth to justify their aggressions, crimes, and conspiracies.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Thanks for finding this ProtoplasmicTraveler, now i cna say i was right to my mom about the Iraq war being a conversion war instaed of the "war on terror."

S&F

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Ya I completely understand what you mean.

Personally I don't really believe in organized religion, that doesn't necessarily mean i'm an atheist, I'm not sure at times if I am or not. But I do practice some religious festivals, not because i'm religious but because i'm a traditionalist if you know what I mean.

Organized religions has always brought trouble to the world and conflict.

And having this seen on al-jazeera will only cause more blowback terroism, and elected officials will again decide to do more of what causes blowback, like more foreign occupation.

People think that troops are overseas fighting for your freedoms, This is a lie.
Foreign occupation causes blowback, and that blowback terroism causes excuses for FISA Bills and patriot acts and so on. So their foreign occupation is actually depleting american freedom, not increasing it.

I know that people might think i'm a loonie for this, but sometimes I wonder about Al-Qaida.
I do believe that the taliban are religious extremists(With a hidden agenda that isn't religious), but al-qaida though? They are perhaps a marketing branch of the CIA, used to create fear amongst the people to solidify reasoning for invasions, more billion dollar military budgets and more control.

Seriously, how come Al-Qaida never releases any youtube videos condemmnig american foreign policies? Or spreading a message of some sort? Just mindless attacks?
And neocons get exactly what they want in response to this?
No, it just doesn't add up to me.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Religion and war seem to go hand in hand eh?

Sad. Especially considering the true followers of Christ and the true followers of Islam would NOT be fighting.

The US soldiers who claim to be Christians are nothing more than hypocrites, at least the Afghani's are defending their own soil.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by mr-lizard]

You are too much of a gentleman to say it Mr. Lizard so I shall for you my friend...Sad, especially considering the true followers of Christ and the true followers of Islam would not be fighting save for the distortions and manipulations and upheavals caused deliberately by the Israeli state and their sects.

I personally beleive the United States would be much better if fighting a war to rid a specific religious influence to rid us of the influence of the Hebrew religion's unconstitutional influence within our government as evidenced by our unconstitutional carte blanche support of Israel, economically, militarilly and morally when it clearly has long done everything it can to enflame religious tensions in that volatile area of the world as opposed to soothing them.

If Christians really want to bring the word of Christ to some other religious group it really ought to be the Hebrews who have Christ and his Mother burning in a special place in their underwold designed just for him, as opposed to the Muslims who believe Christ was a prophet as opposed to a criminal and blasphemous usurper like the Hebrews do.

Personally like they all are unbeknownst to them I am a sun worshipper, I just happen to worship it 20 minutes on each side with SPF 15 sun tanning lotion at the beach on a terry cloth towell, instead of in a church full of the usurped symbols of the Zodiac and plagerized and recycled religious myths while decicating my extolling praise of it to Egypt's Amen at the conclusion of every prayer, led by by people of entirely different cloth.

Lotion anyone? Surfs up!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Seriously, how come Al-Qaida never releases any youtube videos condemmnig american foreign policies? Or spreading a message of some sort? Just mindless attacks?

My friend it wouldn't add up to anyone who felt a responsibility to weigh all the evidence and the lack of evidence and draw their own conclusions based on common sense and logic.

That though is the insideous and incessant power of a mass shared faith based idealogy, where people can be extolled and manipulated on sheer faith alone to accept for the sake of acceptance and validation what makes no common sense and has no root in logic but none the less serves only one specific group's agenda...that group's agenda, which has usurped the government meant to be seperated from it via the Constitution and it's principals.

Like many American's I am a mutt of mix breed, I have English, Irish and Polish ancestory and blood in me.

I am all for honoring and saving traditions and enjoying the rituals of them for various legitimate and noble reasons. Every St. Patricks Day I go out and have one glass of Green Beer and a meal of Corned Beef and Cabbage, I hate beer...I don't care much for the taste of Corned Beef either...but I loved my dearly departed maternal Irish Grandmother who asked me shortly before she passed beyond the veil from this life to what ever might come here after, to always go out on St. Patricks Day and have a glass of Green Beer and some Corn Beef and Cabbage for her and to think of her...and each year I quite happily and emotional comply to feel close to her and the past I shared with her, and the past she shared with her ancestors before her and handed down to me.

I really feel no compulsion though to force all of the Soviet Union or China to drink a glass of Green Beer or have Corned Beef along with me...and I sure ain't buying if they want too!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by SLAYER69

When did the Hindus do this?

History

Hinduism in Afghanistan dates back to the Vedic periods when the country shared a common culture with India. Along with Buddhism and Zoroastrianism, Hinduism was also practiced among the local people, who were a heterogeneous mix of Iranian, Nuristani and Indo-Aryan[citation needed] background. Many of the local[citation needed] Iranian peoples embraced the Hindu religion and culture, including the Scythians, the Parthians[citation needed] and the Kambojas.

The Hindu Shahi Kings who ruled Afghanistan until the 10th century were the descendants of Persian and Scythian converts to Hinduism. Afghanistan gradually converted to Islam with the advent of Islam. The Mahabharata, a sacred text amongst the Hindus, mentions about King Shakuni who was the ruler of Kandhar region in Afghanistan[citation needed]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by suzque66

It is incredible how much money is being wasted on these wars that could be used to rebuilding America's detoriating infrastructure and inner cities and improving industry and education.

I guess if the Bin Laden and Bush Families owned stock in Detroit instead of in the Carlysle Group and the umbrella of defense companies that are under it, maybe that money would be spent here.

Something tells me the Christians have arrived in large numbers in Iraq and aren't planning on leaving for a good long while.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Wow ,
I don’t remember getting this order.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ice1300
Wow ,
I don’t remember getting this order.

Have you been stationed at Baghram? The story eminates from that base and hopefully is just a limited abuse by the Theatre of Operations head and Ranking Chaplain.

Or...are you practicing for political office? "Not recalling" seems to be a key phrase many of our otherwise self admittedly supposedly brilliant politicians are fond of saying when evidence of their corruptions and crimes comes to light and in to question?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Good point also ProtoplasmicTraveler.

It doesn't seem as though the US is spending much in important inf. structure at all nor health care (like the McCain video I saw yesterday that he suggests that clinics be situated at WALMARTS lol).

Here in Canada we have at least 2 clinics in every neighborhood., our schools get remodelled also. I guess in the end our slightly higher taxes are well worth it if you think about it. Free health care alone is worth it.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well, that's how the Muslims got there in the first place, by conquering the area and spreading the faith. What am I feeling sorry for here? Its just another backwards ideology with no basis in the real world. Nothing changes, ultimately.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

Oh yeah, go Jesus, go, go where no man has gone before lol.

In Afghanistan where it is more like where no man has gone and conquered before I would wager even the fabled mythical Jesus is going to find the endeavor a fruitless and ill thought out one no matter how many disciples he throws upon the pyre.

There are two simple reasons I can think of why we are on middle east...

To get their oil.

I could not agree more or at the very least to control the flow and thus the pricing of their oil.

To spread Christianity as the only religion of peace in this world and permanently get rid of Bible 2.0 (Koran) and make them all forget Mohammad (peace be upon him, lol).

This seems to be organized Christendom’s main point as it as spread like a plague of veritable locusts from one shining sea to another, through ever mountain, valley and dale, regardless of whether any particular mountain, valley or dale’s indigenous natives would like it spread there.

All under the veil of the well known, rigorously tested and highly recommended product we call One-Fits-All Capitalistic Dictatorial Democracy

Where Christian’s see the find hand of their mythical Christ in all of this I see the finer hand of Caesar in all of this as a still unvanquished and little understood Roman Empire which like all Empires can operate beyond or without borders marches on to it’s eternal glory and conquest of the world.

Sadly for the easily duped and manipulate Christians I fear that Rome will fail to be grateful for their follies and efforts but simply do away with them in the typical cruel Roman fashion when someone or something has outlived it’s usefulness to the State or imagines that they can rival the State’s power or dictate it’s ultimate course.

The first rule in conspiracies involving assassins is to assassinate them once their target(s) have been eliminated. I almost pity the Christians as much as those whom the Christian’s paths always seem to so determinedly intersect with.

Great post my friend, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I thought that we here on ATS were above the type of hate filled posts that I have read here in this thread....
:shk:

Let us all end this NOW. Please take a look at this thread.

We must end the rising "culture of negativity" on ATS...

[edit on 5-5-2009 by TheBandit795]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join