It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we are not ready for ET Disclosure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I've been an observer and have kept in touch with the ongoing efforts of tracking UFO sightings and other such phenomena for quite awhile. One thing that I have noticed on this site and by other groups such as The Disclosure Project and it is also mentioned in countless testimonies by "well known" researchers is that we are ready for disclosure. This opinion baffles me.

Sure the people who keep track of the research may be ready and I think one could argue they have been ready for a long time. BUT the general public is not AT ALL ready for anything of the sort and because of that Disclosure will not be occuring anytime soon if ever. Why do I say this? Well...

Anything that disrupts the routine of Americans or any other countrymen is considered a panic state. The swine flu, for example, a relatively weak virus (in comparison to others which kill thousands each year and get NO or LITTLE press coverage) has shut down a entire city (Mexico City) and gets insane press coverage. It gets talked about by people at work, measures are taken to make sure the limited people abroad (here in Toronto we have maybe 35 cases) are kept containted and yet there is still wide spread worry.

The moment there is somethig UNREAL represented as REAL or POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS will cause a state of anxiety that any government in their right mind will do anything to keep at bay.

Think of the Allegory of the Cave; the state of realizing there is a CAVE creates a entirely new identity and nothing is ever the same again. The moment a being knows there is more allows for growth and potential CHANGE. Why would any government want that?

Yes they want a fear state, you could argue that, but a fear state that knows who is in charge. Who is there to help. Telling them anything of a outside presence disconnects them from the very source that would be giving them the information.

I'm willing to discuss this fully. But please be opened minded, lol.

Ihniwid

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ihniwid

Hello Ihniwid, and welcome to ATS.

The answer to your post depends on how disclosure comes about.

Let’s take the scenario that it just “happens”, without any preplanning or media build up, in other words the much discussed “mass fly past”, or a saucer landing on the Whitehouse lawn. I really do not think that there would be mass panic. We have been subjected to the concept of aliens for so long now, that, in my opinion, their revealing themselves to us would almost feel familiar to most people.

The younger (1980’s upwards) generation, especially, would be able to handle extremely well the concept of us know knowing that we were not alone. Alien symbolism, in all of its forms, in the entertainment side of the media would have almost anesthetized them against having an adverse reaction. Indeed, I believe that it would be the wish of youngsters to lead the way in learning everything we can about our new neighbours. We don’t need an entrenched mindset when it comes to approaching how to deal with this turning point in our progression as a species. What we would need is a fresh and open attitude.

The one problem would be that the long established institutions, government, religion, philosophy etc. would, without doubt, take charge, as, and as you rightly said, alien visitors would mean change. And it would be the desire of our ruling hierarchies to control and shape that change according to their own agendas.

Of course, it is only possible to surmise what would happen if ET filed past in our skies, lights a-blazing. What about the variables? If we take into account the myriad cultures around the world and their individual perceptions of extraterrestrial life, then it is fair to assume that reaction to disclosure would be as different and pertinent for each of our races as the visitors would be to us.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Beamish]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hmm that's interesting Beamish.

What bothers me most is the outlandish claim that everything will be fine if there is disclosure tomorrow. The speed at which some want it to occur is more along the lines of a child wanting something in a toy store; to simply HAVE it rather than NEED it.

Things that we have experienced before, however, can time and time again create a mass anxiety. For example the East Coast black out during the early 2000's. There was looting, crime went up drastically and the fear state of the public was amazing to watch.

Now I know the biggest difference between most issues involving panic involve the alteration of our resources or way of life, like for example, the loss of electricity or some environmental disaster (flood, hurricane, earthquake etc...) I would argue that it is possible for this subject to fall under the same category.

You are right that it is fair to assume there would be many reactions to such a change. What I am most interested in, however, isnt the changes of far off cultures but my own, the "established" culture of North America and the civilized world. A world which rests comfortably on its ideas of stability and the knowledge of its surroundings. You take that away and I struggle to see a comfortable situation.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You have a good point there, this whole Swine-Flu crap has spoken volumes about mass hysteria...Beamish also has a good point about different cultures reacting differently to the same scenario. But one must acknowledge, that (no matter what culture you herald from) reading things in books and seeing them in movies is one thing...being in arm's reach of them is another.
We tend to "feel better" about things when we relegate them to the world of sci-fi or fantasy fiction. We're okay with them when they're only "what-ifs"...it's a different beast altogether to come face-to-face with these issues as REALITIES. It's like reading about and preparing for a car accident. You can hypothesize all day long about how you think you'll react...but in reality you may react worse then what you'd expect from yourself. Just my two-cents!!!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Already posted a thread on this and yes people are not ready for anything to change there perception.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Run to the hills, the aliens are coming. I can imagine the panic... much worse than the one started by Orson Wells with his radio hoax. Good thread.

[edit on 2009-5-5 by nablator]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Andy - You did create a thread and I read it. But I was more concernd with the issues surrounding readiness rather than the hysteria of pandemics. I don't really see how Swine Flu is proof that we "still" arent ready. I'm argueing that we cannot be ready, or I have serious doubts of our ability to ever be ready. Due to our nature of wanting to be in control of our surroundings.

Starsyren - I agree with the whole "sci-fi" point. We like to fantisize but the moment it becomes real the situation changes into an entirely different ordeal.

I was going to mention the radio hoax nablator but thought it has probably been mentioned a few times. It is rather interesting, the hoax I mean. However you could see it from Beamish's view and state that since the hoax we have been in contact with so much media and film and literature based on alien life that such a riot wouldnt take place...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well I would be scared #less if our goverment said aliens were here.Plus it would take the fun out of the mystery.I think it is possible that we are being visited but to find out for sure would be too scary.We have enough to worry about.Although my son would love disclosure and believes aliens come in peace.Maybe younger generation braver or perhaps they are ignorant, lol not sure which....

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Aren't there many duplicate threads saying the same nonsense? !! Basically it all comes down to this. Are we the people, the collective bosses regardless of the pseudo laws they pass (that are crimes against humanity) and their secret meetings, content to be treated like small children? Told about Santa, the tooth fairie, and that the stork brought us? Or are we adults with a core need for truth?

[edit on 5-5-2009 by mystiq]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
Aren't there many duplicate threads saying the same nonsense? !! Basically it all comes down to this. Are we the people, the collective bosses regardless of the pseudo laws they pass (that are crimes against humanity) and their secret meetings, content to be treated like small children? Told about Santa, the tooth fairie, and that the stork brought us? Or are we adults with a core need for truth?

[edit on 5-5-2009 by mystiq]

I think the question is then do we want truth? Real truth? Or do we want the truth that lets us go about our normal, "adult" lives. I struggle to really know which it is.

Debz - maybe our younger generations are smarter, or simply less involved in the processes that older generations took to heart. Value of property seems very superficial now when so much can be gained, learned and expelled through digital means. For example.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Comprehension failed me. Would you want a watered down truth if it makes your day to day life better? Is this what you're asking? No! Not even once, not in 10,000 lifetimes. That is delusional thinking. You're really suggesting that we want a pretend paradigm that is easier on our psyche to continue day by day?

Who else wishes the story of the Stork and Santa here? Say aye!

Really.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You're really suggesting that we want a pretend paradigm that is easier on our psyche to continue day by day?

Really.

Yes, that is what I'm asking. Not of you because you clearly feel that you can handle "real truth". I'm asking what one thinks the general public really wants.

I'm concerned with the issue of UFO researchers and ET enthusiasts stating the public is ready for disclosure when there is so much proof that anything outside the normal realm of life is a shock to their system. Allegory of the Cave, etc.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You cannot ask the public if they want a pretend paradigm! No! You simply can't! They are not little babies to be coddled and soothers placed in their mouths!

No one I know would every agree with you, not even the ones who think most of the conspiracies are crazy!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You cannot ask the public if they want a pretend paradigm! No! You simply can't! They are not little babies to be coddled and soothers placed in their mouths!

No one I know would every agree with you, not even the ones who think most of the conspiracies are crazy!

lol. I'm not asking. Nor would any government ask them what they want. They would say X and then the people will believe X. This is how things tend to work out.

Weather Balloon.

I think you've missed the point of the topic...

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Ihniwid]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Which is precisely why there is an enormous push for disclosure and truth. And for people to wake up and rethink who they vote for as well.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I really do not see this "enormous" push, outside of the UFO community. There is some push for disclosure but nothing that indicates it would happen anytime soon. The people pushing are within this community. Which is why I ask if the general public are ready. The ones who do not care about UFOs or ETs. What will they see it as? Something to create panic? Do you really think they'll cheer the idea?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This world needs change badly. We are hardly progressing as a species. Continuing to think we are the be all and end all to all living things will do nothing but stall our progression.

We need to know if there is kinship out there. Religions have kept us content for quite some time, but as time goes on people need more. They demand something they can see and touch. Fact/proof of Alien existence would fulfill that demand.

The christian church has already commented on aliens and is basically telling people its ok and to accept the idea as the church would.

It would undoubtedly cause "shock and awe" to many people but I think the majority will get used to the idea faster then we think. I don't think the world will stop, companies will still operate, we still need to eat.

My wife has no time for conspiracy or belief in aliens etc. But when I asked how she would react if disclosure occurred she said.

"if I still have a job, I will go to work as I do every day....."

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ihniwid

Although I appreciate your conservative approach to disclosure, I think you are misunderstanding the civilization you are trying to protect.

Civilization of Earth is, at best, in the first step of the first era of civilization. By any metric that we could measure our level of civilization, we fail utterly:
-Value placed on life: Over 50 million killed in the 20th century solely for ethnic and political reasons.
-Brotherhood among man: Criminality is at a ridiculous level with no end in sight.
-Health: The United States is perhaps the most drug-oriented culture in modern times.

Your civilization is already in chaos, you just weren't looking at it without bias.

Between the genocide, wars, poor economics, nuclear proliferation, starvation, criminality, oppresion, etc. do you think "civilization" will last another 100 years? 200? 1,000? What about 10,000?

Although it is not a scale we are used to thinking on, it is one we must start thinking on, today. How many of today's problems will be tomorrow's crises and next week's catastrophes?

Disclosure is critical for the survival of humanity in this century and beyond. Only then will the average person be willing and able to reason with an expanded scope, and therefore, act far more ethically.

We're at a point where we're threatening our own survival, how civilized is that?

The answer is ethics. It starts with disclosure.

Truthfully,
Shane

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Back to the Swine Flu...

Did American People panic? or Did American News/media panic?

No one where I lived "boarded up their windows" and such.

If aliens presented so unknown virus or was a threat to our existence then there would be panic.

But honestly, I think with Disclosure, if it will happen, and the way Barack Obama is, this is how I think it will go:

(something along these lines)

"People of America, we have been covering up the existence of ET's for these following resaons….."

And Barack would be completely honest.

All the holes in Ufology would be filled, all the questions would be answered, and it would be pretty exciting.

There are just theories about Aliens, due to Hollywood's power to influence your mind. This whole Hollywood is preparing you for The Arrival is a bunch of BS. Aliens will be way different than any Hollywood movie, imo, they will be much cooler and interesting because it won't be Hollywood, it would be REAL.

I'm just assuming that Aliens have a very unique culture that no Hollywood director from Earth could ever depict.

They're not from our planet, they won't be like us. Just like people from certain parts of the world aren't like you. You might have stuff in "common" with them but you're not the same. For example in Ancient Hawaii, the men and the woman did not eat together. Aliens could be super bizarre, really, the Greys could be the Humanoid Dolphin, Ant, Plant, creature or whatever people describe...their mind set who knows, how do you know what animals or plants think? How do you know what Aliens are like? EVIDENCE. DISCLOSURE.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

You beat me to it on the Swine Flu hysteria. The media turned it into some type of frenzy, and the public at large did not buy into it. Sure there was talk amongst ourselves but no mass hysteria.

I firmly believe disclosure would be similar. I also think we would all look past the fact the governments of the world have been hiding it from us. The fact, with proof, that we are not alone would foreshadow any malevolence on the part of the government.

I think we are ready and I am a pre 1980s individual.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join