It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China military build-up seems U.S.-focused: Mullen

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The U.S. has been catching up with other countries in technology for years. We 'stole' the German technology after the two World Wars, but we had to import (not always willingly) German and Russian scientists to make it work. Our Universities are currently overwhelmed with Foreign students. From my personal experience the Physics, Chemistry, Engineering Departments of our Universities have more foreign than domestic students. The domestic kids are studying Political Science and Sociology so they have time to party on their student loan money every night, while the Chinese students are publishing papers in the Physics department, working in labs for Chemistry professors, living below their means, sending money home to their families, and studying their arses off. Every class I took had several American students with special needs, they had to take their tests in private, they had to have extra time, they faked ADHD, ADD, or other things to get medication, and easier constraints on their grades. The foreign students never heard of these things, they just study harder. Anyone who thinks the U.S. is leading the world in technology should take a closer look at where the patents and merchandise are coming from. The U.S. auto industry can tell you the whole story!

China needs their military if they are going to be able to collect on all those T-Bills and Bailout financing they are doing. They don't have to declare war, they just have to call our loans due. We can't pay......so then what happens?! Worst case scenario: China decides the dollar is too weak and they stop buying equity, our economy finishes its collapse, world opinions blame US for their own problems, U.N backs China, Middle East cuts off oil because dollar no good.......hmmmmmm. We are left to fend for ourselves. Then again, that might be the Best Case Scenario!

[edit on 5-5-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Breaking News!

Chinese boats 'encounter' US ship in China Sea

Chinese fishing boats have had an encounter with a US Navy ship in the South China Sea.

The Pentagon said on Tuesday that the Chinese fishing boats engaged in "dangerous" maneuvers near a US Navy ship in international waters off the coast of China on Friday .

www.presstv.ir...

- Damn those dangerous fishers, I think we should nuke those bastards!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Let's not forget the UN has awarded China more awards than any other nation.

The US is well aware of what's going on, and has been.

IMO, China will be a major player in world police, when it's necessary.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I have serious reasons to believe that China is already equal to USA or even could be leading it as a super power, I guess many people are overlooking things...
Economy in China seems to be flourishing while the US economy is the worst in years and is set for a deep recession.

US owes China more than 1 Trillion dollar in deficit.

China is building a docking station in North Eastern Sri Lanka for its navy.

US already has its hand full in Iraq and AF-PAK, so very less they can do when China attacks them, which has been playing war games recently in its borders towards India and sources state they had nuclear bunkers.

I have heard that the strength of its army go upto 200 million....!!!

China is a communist country and is known to be very secretive of its information, so dont over look China. Recent findings have revealed that China is spending too much money on its army and aiming for modernization of its army. I believe if the size of the army mentioned above is correct then they could easily fight off the rest of the world if required. I didnt come to know of anybody intervening on china when it invaded tibet in 1950......Wanna see where this is going.....The world is gonna be enveloped by the great dragon!!!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
According to most sources, the size of China's military is more like 2 million. I'm sure they could muster up 200 million soldiers if they wanted to. But, there's a big difference between "Number of people in the military" and "Number of people who are capable of fighting." The primary question is whether or not they could come up with 200 million guns.

I doubt China could actually fight off the world. Russia could probably tear into them like a fox in a hen house. China would have the manpower, but they simply wouldn't have the technology to protect the massive border.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
the way the worlds are teaming up military actions, i doubt that any one country could totally defend itself from, or destroy the rest.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
China is building up, not to attack the US, but to replace the US as the world police, The US economy is going down faster than a 5 dollar hooker and will need someone to take the place to keep law and order in all countries around the world, we had a democratic world police, next one will be communist.

Mate the Chinese have said them selves that they believe war with the United States is inevitable in the long run.
That is what they are building up their military for. War.
Of course their aim is to supercede the United States as the dominant global power.
But in the not too distant future, they will launch a military campaign to retake Taiwan, and the United States will retaliate, bringing two powers into direct conflict.

If you think the Soviet Union was an aggressive foe, wait until the Chinese reach full military maturity and actually start flexing military muscle in the Pacific and Indian oceans. Yes, even in the Indian ocean.

They are rapidly buying and trying to buy up resources and related companies. From the west to Africa.
Western governments need to be united and confront this new menace before it unleashes it self on the world in full.

China still lacks a blue water navy, yet it is already harassing unarmed American vessels. Just imagine when the Chinese have a full blown blue water navy.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
China still lacks a blue water navy, yet it is already harassing unarmed American vessels. Just imagine when the Chinese have a full blown blue water navy.

In the oceans, I don't think they would get close to our shores.

en.wikipedia.org...

Tridents. Deadliest things on earth.

Need I mention our carriers?

Lets just say they have a late start in the naval weapons race.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben Niceknowinya

The Chinese are more than capable of wiping out our carriers.

It's not because they're better than we are. It's because we keep dropping the ball on everything. The people who shape our military are in it for profit, not the defense of our country. When the focus is on the wrong objective, the wrong objective is what gets met.

What the U.S. needs is a ballsy President who will stand up and say "Enough." We need somebody who will stop playing games with the military industrial complex and get our military back in form. But we also need to make sure that military is focused on protecting U.S. interests, not bullying the world.

There's simply no excuse for how long it takes us to respond to new threats on the world stage, nor for our inability to prepare for hypothetical ones. China has a new ballistic missile specifically built to take out our Super Carriers. We spent billions obliterating a couple of third world countries over the last several years. That amount of time and money, spent on anti-missile technology, could have given us a nearly invincible fleet by now. Not to mention, we'd have lost a lot fewer friends on the world stage.

Whatever happened to "Speak softly but carry a big stick?"

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

There is more than one way to win a war.
If you owe money to someone, you are in their debt,
The largest holder of debt in the world is China, everyone owes them something.

They already have the US economy by the short and curlies and can pull out the rug at the drop of a hat.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
imho i think the Chinese are only preparing for the inevitable, but when they say that i dont think they mean they are going to drop a nuke on our heads, the way we are now we just keep taking and taking more and more were already in the middle east and i heard that the us has been planning on building more and more bases around Russia and Russia is thus allies with china which would mean that they would also have plans to attack china. And america being the super power it is and Amerikas impreialistic ways it would only be right for china to prepare for wars with us.

plus all the moeny we owe them mofos and the way our economy is i think they want there money

i think we are setting our selfs up for ww3 which will be most the west vs most the east and then we all die and thats the end

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

You're absolutely right. So why commit suicide?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Perhaps the U.S. intends to go to war with China as well. It's possible that the U.S. would make the argument that a war nullifies the debt.

Debt is nothing if you lack the power to collect on it. Imagine the irony of fighting the Chinese using equipment that was paid for with their own money.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by BLV12

There is more than one way to win a war.
If you owe money to someone, you are in their debt,
The largest holder of debt in the world is China, everyone owes them something.

They already have the US economy by the short and curlies and can pull out the rug at the drop of a hat.

that is the very scary part of the equation. They pull the rug out and our economy is in a lot more trouble than it already is. What if they want there money back and we say no?? Then what.

I think since they have loaned us all of this money in the US is a big set up and we took it hook line and sinker.

Lets hope we are wrong

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

thats what i was thinking there obviously more to it then " bad chinese man, Hate big strong american with all freedoms"

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

Debt is nothing if you lack the power to collect on it. Imagine the irony of fighting the Chinese using equipment that was paid for with their own money.

Good point.

Also, China has invested too much in its' country the last 2 decades to just throw it all away.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Perhaps the U.S. intends to go to war with China as well. It's possible that the U.S. would make the argument that a war nullifies the debt.

The U.S Intends to go to war with a lot of people, controlled and funded by the NWO,

WWIII is unavoidable, it's going to happen the Illuminati/NWO/Rothschilds have it in there Agenda.

when? that is the questions could be years.. but the way things are going it seems to be sooner then later, we are setting the stage for it, Israel,Iran,North Korea,China,Pakistan,Afghanistan

now Russia and china are cooperating Military

were hanging on a pin, and they are controlling it by Fear mongering and muscle flexing, just waiting to push that little bit more

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
All we can do is speculate. It's entirely possible that the powers that be simply miss all the money they were making during the Cold War. Terrorism has proven to be a lousy substitute for the "Red Menace," it just doesn't call for expensive enough hardware and with one side hiding in caves and carrying cheap AK47's, there's really only one side to make money off of.

It's possible that the SCO is being set up as a replacement for the Warsaw Pact, one that will stand the test of time unlike its predecessor. Meanwhile, they could be planning on phasing in the EU as the new leader of NATO instead of the US alone.

I doubt the US will be scrapped completely. It's an investment that the PTB have already put too much money into to just let it sink now.

Or, like my earlier theory... maybe the plan is just war. Cold Wars make money from research and development, war creates profit from actual production.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
China Vrs the US, Um what happened to the other countries?

You know, like the ones that fought China recently like Vietnam, Russia, India, Taiwan, S Korea?

China has a vast amount of troops on the borders with India, Taiwan, Russia, and Vietnam. And those countries also have a military presence on their borders as well. Btw- Taiwan and Vietnam still have small border clashes with China to this day. Taiwan has the US supporting it, and Russia supports Vietnam.

Add to it the threat of Islamic Jihad in China's western providences, and you will soon learn that China has its own problems to deal with.

Why would China need to fight the US? When it owns the US economically. Thanks to the US politicians and apathetic US citizens!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Whatever happened to "Speak softly but carry a big stick?"

That doesn't feed the children, support the jobless, nor provide social security. It doesn't pay for the National Endowment of the Arts, doesn't provide national health care nor provide climate control. It doesn't provide abortions on demand, gay marriages nor affirmative action.

Why worry about National security, when there are other "Bigger" problems to deal with. Like those mentioned above.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join