It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto man charged in attempt to ship nuclear technology to Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Toronto man charged in attempt to ship nuclear technology to Iran

www.nationalpost.com

TORONTO -- Canada is experiencing a significant increase in attempts to illicitly move nuclear technology out of the country, a senior official said following the arrest of a Toronto man accused of attempting to export devices needed to make nuclear weapons to Iran.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I thought this was interesting considering the state of affairs with respect to Iran / Israel and the recent quote from an Iran official regarding May 14.

I don't know what is more alarming, the fact that a Canadian is attempting to sell nuclear technology to Iran, or that Iran is obviously in the market for it. Living in Canada myself, I have say I think this is only the tip of the iceberg as far as illegal activity of this nature with regard to Canada.

This article goes on quite a bit about Iran and their motives in regard to acquiring this stuff.

www.nationalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-5-2009 by PowerSlave]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

what makes you believe it's the tip of the iceberg? Last i heard in the media canada imported the 9/11 culprits into the states or some crap like that...I'm more concerned about how this might be manipulated by american media aka the whitehouse.

:The 9/11 thing was cleared up, it's just their hasty proclamations that get me unnerved, like you said, at a time like this.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by heyo]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

what makes you believe it's the tip of the iceberg

Well for one this

The investigation is the first of its type to result in charges in Canada, but the RCMP said it is investigating an increasing number of similar cases

Lets just say i have a "feeling". Canada has never been heavy handed in these types of situations.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Yeah and there's never been a successful attack on our soil either. Spreading an heir of peace, and by not going into iraq, a lack of insanity can be a powerful tool.
Fact is, there can be no valid justification for attacking canada. Afghanistan? Well, that's where alqeuda was from. And also, the world's heroin supply, or a large part of it, comes from there. Do these people know what that drug does? It's a country of drug dealers, i believe. Murderers through selfprescribed ignorance, or perverted familial obligations.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Fact is, there can be no valid justification for attacking canada

Just because there is no valid reason for it doesn't mean there isn't plans for it.

Lets not forget about the 17 who were arrested for a suspected attack on Toronto. It made the news again the other day. This was a response to Afganistan I believe. This is right where I live so it has been quite front and centre, along with various other speculative stories and journalist investigations.

top topics

join