It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been on here for a week, now onto introduction.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
My name is Hillary- I'm from Rhode Island and will probably brag about that in a lot of my posts. I go to URI and am studying Marine Affairs (which is policy of the ocean and # like that). I could be really good at school work- but I spend more time researching UFOs and other conspiracy theories WAY more than I spend on school work.

I am a democrat and unapologetically liberal, but I WOULD be conservative if we lived in a perfect world, but, we don't, so I like to help out people less fortunate. I also love regulations- I believe that humans as a whole need to be told what to do or they'll beat and claw and back stab their way to the top, and do whatever it takes to make the most money or be the most powerful regardless of who is harms.

I am an Environmentalist and Al Gore is my hero, I often fantasize about what the world would be like if we had a decade of Gore (like we were SUPPOSED to) instead of Bush. Imagine NO 9/11 and how much technology there would be... All the money we pissed away at war may have been used to cure diseases!

I'm a dreamer, and a believer, I don't believe everything I see on here- but at least there's other people out there who know that there is MUCH more to our world, and by extension, the universe, than what we are allowed to believe.

Add me- I'd love to have an intelligent conversation with the enlightened people on here. It's much better than the people I associate with who go through life with a blind fold over their eyes.

[edit on 4/5/09 by hillarybelieves]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I like to help out those less fortunate too!

I don't like being forced to though....

Regardless I won't debate/attack you. THIS IS YOUR INTRO!

And welcome, I know you'll love it here. It's a great place, and with more and more diverse sectors here, it'll get mighty interesting.

Enjoy your stay, hopefully forever!

Edit to add- please read the T&C, if you haven't already.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Republican08]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Hello Hilary,

Welcome to ATS, a great open and honest Intro.

Dont let the flaming's or debate get to you on.

All the Mod's are really helpful and friendly to, Have fun, exxore, grow learn and above all else speak your truth with passion but respect.

Everything you need to know, and help you on ATS is Here

Looking forward to your thread's and post's

Kind regards,

Elf.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hillarybelieves

Hi Hillary. Welcome to the show. I hope you have as much fun on these boards as I have in my first year and at least for me, it just keeps getting better all the time. I can honestly say I've learned a lot on ATS (and BTS). Anyways, enjoy and I'll see you around.
Cheers.

cdi

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hillarybelieves

hi hilary
welcome to ats. i have been on here some years now and know you will enjoy this site as much as all the other regulars and newcomers alike.
regards cdi.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Before I rip you to shreds for not having a tripod, er sorry, wrong mode.

Welcome aboard and if I were to proffer any advice it would be have fun.
Can't wait for you to get enough points to go to caht, you sound like an honest and fun person.
See ya on the boards!

EDIT to add a flag, you admit to being a lib when most shun the term, BRAVO, I guess...

[edit on 5/4/2009 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillarybelieves
My name is Hillary- I'm from Rhode Island and will probably brag about that in a lot of my posts. I go to URI and am studying Marine Affairs (which is policy of the ocean and # like that). I could be really good at school work- but I spend more time researching UFOs and other conspiracy theories WAY more than I spend on school work.

I am a democrat and unapologetically liberal, but I WOULD be conservative if we lived in a perfect world, but, we don't, so I like to help out people less fortunate. I also love regulations- I believe that humans as a whole need to be told what to do or they'll beat and claw and back stab their way to the top, and do whatever it takes to make the most money or be the most powerful regardless of who is harms.

I am an Environmentalist and Al Gore is my hero, I often fantasize about what the world would be like if we had a decade of Gore (like we were SUPPOSED to) instead of Bush. Imagine NO 9/11 and how much technology there would be... All the money we pissed away at war may have been used to cure diseases!

I'm a dreamer, and a believer, I don't believe everything I see on here- but at least there's other people out there who know that there is MUCH more to our world, and by extension, the universe, than what we are allowed to believe.

Add me- I'd love to have an intelligent conversation with the enlightened people on here. It's much better than the people I associate with who go through life with a blind fold over their eyes.

[edit on 4/5/09 by hillarybelieves]

So far so good, do you believe in anthropogenic global warming ?
Do you feel that Israel is a victim of arab aggression and misrepresented, or in fact it is an aggressive expansionist state which relies on US patronage and propaganda ?
What are your thoughts on creationism ?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

Hey I LOVE those questions! Sorry I didn't check this I didn't think anyone would say anything back:

do you believe in anthropogenic global warming ?
yes I do believe that humans are causing global warming, only because I have been studying it in my oceanography class for the past semester. The CO2 levels in the atmosphere DO fluctuate, and it's not like this hasn't happened before in Earth's history- but the problem is the rate that it's happening- and it's due to all the pollution we're spewing into the atmosphere. We're not the SOLE cause, but we did do a hell of a a lot damage.

Do you feel that Israel is a victim of arab aggression and misrepresented, or in fact it is an aggressive expansionist state which relies on US patronage and propaganda ?
Being a jew, I should be sympathetic to Israel, but I really see it as America Jr. They're just as destructive as we are and I'm so ashamed of what Jews are doing to the arab world (not that I don't think the arabs are right either, both sides are just acting ridiculous). I don't get what the objectives are on either side- they just can't keep blowing each other up. I wish that normal people could reason with the leaders.

What are your thoughts on creationism ?
I believe there must be some controlling force out there guiding which direction everything flows in, but I don't think there's a "Christian/Jewish/Muslim God" that touched the earth with the tip of his finger and out came humans and everything else. There's too much complexity in the world to NOT have evolution- unless you can tell me God created bacteria and protists and all those microscopic organisms that are the very base of the food chain?

Also- I don't know HOW to get points! I want to be able to talk to people about things too- all my friends choose to live in ignorance just because the things I like to talk about scare them somehow.

new topics

top topics

join