It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie gov't: American power fading

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
No not in the least I'm just embarrassed for you. Flying in the face of the present "Anti-American" craze.

It's one thing to dislike a Government and a totally different one saying that
"most" are one way or another. That in itself demonstrates ignorance.

Oh and by the way I also have read a lot of threads that just troll and bait with an Anti-American flavor so that goes both ways.

No need to be embarrassed for me.. i do plenty of things I can be embarrassed about for myself.

Don't be trying to wind me up, im saying it as it is.. non confrontational.. I can understand why you want to have a little cry for yourself.. if I was in your position, I would as well.

And hey, Im not anti American so give that rubbish a rest..

As if being abused for being an American is something to get upset over.. gimme a break.

Also, to be fair, collectively, ye do deserve a lot more of this light hearted abuse.. its even funnier when ye cant take it.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Fair enough but why do you think that China will become an aggressor? Suggestions of that are mainly coming from US media.. not Chinese actions. T

hey are becoming a superpower in a tripolar world.. they should have a military to reflect that.. even if just to battle pirates for the next century.

The EU is also planning on growing its military forces exponentially after the new constitution is ratified.. this will create a substantial amount of balance between ChinRussia and USEU where any war would just be waaaay to big for anyone to want to start.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I can understand why you want to have a little cry for yourself.. if I was in your position, I would as well.

I'm doing fine I'm not sure what kind of inside information you think you know.

Also, to be fair, collectively, ye do deserve a lot more of this light hearted abuse.. its even funnier when ye cant take it.

Get over yourself I'll sleep fine tonight.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

I think a lot of the stuff you see there has more to do with kids with too much free time. We do have more than our fair share of obnoxious tweenagers whose parents give them computers before they teach them manners, I'll admit to that.

Most of those kids will be normal, intelligent people by the time they're adults, though.

(Or at least... I hope so. I really hope so.)

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Don't under estimate your own countryman's inability to see reality without using dumbed down buzz words and have things explained in a fashion I wouldn't insult my children with. For example your media continually uses methods to explain simple scenarios in absolute moronic fashion and has to use these methods why ? such as "The Gas prices have risen so much, that when you go down to the Gas Station to buy Gas you don't have enough money to buy a Chicken afterwards".

I constantly see examples like this on Television from the USA and I can "Only Conclude" that the messages are targeted at dumbed down fools with a 5th grade education.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

I have never heard anything "dumbed down" like that on the news here, at least not outside of the late night comedy talk shows. What kind of crap is your own media feeding you if that's what you really believe? And how much of a fool does that make you for eating it?

Do you want to know the truth about American media? Nobody listens to it. The big names that you folks over there here about? They're corporate hacks out to make money, and they're good at it. They get laughed at and parodied all the time.

So how does that crap you were fed taste, anyways? Or hasn't your favorite, far superior, surely non-brainwashing, and completely honest media source told you how you think it tastes yet?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Matt
I'm personally not trying to get a troll going here but merely trying to point out how your media presents its information to your masses. Our media can't get away with that because our mentality is a little less forgiving toward it with our news being presented more as information than as direction.

An example of this is we don't have anything like Hannity, O'Reilly, Oprah, Letterman, Leno, Walters and the rest of them being presented as personalities forwarding an opinion and providing some spin on the news/article. The emphasis here is on the data/information and not the personality or presenter even though this does occur in some morning/daytime mind rot programming but is minimal.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Americans are resilient, brave, and those who dont wear america like a crutch or token are the tred and true. Right now I think there is a planned assimilation of america, the "harrassment" en guise is plainly to drive it into submission, hands and knees etc..

Its sick if true, and those who admonish this are delluded themselves to any measure they may collude to bring down, with a lie we all now openly discuss, fiat moola..many also seek to wage there personal causes as mini wars which cause internal destabilisation, in turn benefiting some and hurting others. Which could turn into a racket.

The world is experiencing problems because it currently lies, en mass to itself about how to live together..simple plain and easy..get the **** along..

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mastermind77

Sorry mate but the fact is the International Banks are trying to augment an International currency ( not unlike how the USD is now ) which will start as a "Basket" of currencies and eventually evolve into something like the Allied Dollar or Alliance Dollar.

For this to happen the US dollar and more exactly the United States has to crash for this to come to fruition. They have to destroy the US dollar so its worthless and so Oil, Food and Metals are no longer priced in US dollars but a "New World" currency can be.

The gig is up and sadly your Country has been over run by Immigrants so as to Dilute the National Identity and due to the White races not breeding as prolifically as the darker skinned races in a few generations will be out numbered.

Its all by Design!

PS: Your Military has been co opted so that it will become this new Global Police Force and it was all paid for by the American tax payers who will foot the interest bill for generations to come.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Man talk about living in a fantasy world.

Get out much?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Please tell me you're joking. Oh please, oh PLEASE.

Yes, some of those people have shows on news networks. Yes, some people actually listen to those idiots. But those people are not reporters or journalists. They're commentators. Their shows are for entertainment. They're like the people who write editorial columns, except they have TV shows instead of newspapers.

I mean... Oprah? Leno? Come on. You know why they get away with it here, and not there (supposedly?) Because we think they're funny.

Saying that those people are representative of our news media - and sillier yet, saying that most Americans actually take those clowns seriously - is barely a step above believing that we have shows like Big Brother to accurately portray American life. Yep, we even hold weekly votes to kick people out of their homes.

*Shakes head and walks away.*

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth

Matt
I'm personally not trying to get a troll going here but merely trying to point out how your media presents its information to your masses. Our media can't get away with that because our mentality is a little less forgiving toward it with our news being presented more as information than as direction.

An example of this is we don't have anything like Hannity, O'Reilly, Oprah, Letterman, Leno, Walters and the rest of them being presented as personalities forwarding an opinion and providing some spin on the news/article. The emphasis here is on the data/information and not the personality or presenter even though this does occur in some morning/daytime mind rot programming but is minimal.

First of all, America is a country that, today, is premised on large corporations and the dollar. What's going to make big bucks? Presenting the news in an informational sense, or presenting it in a sense that provides entertainment. Secondly, I don't know anyone, besides these generalizations you are making, that get their news from Jay Leno, David Letterman, Barbara Walters (and the rest of the view), or even Oprah. At most, people will take up causes that someone on Oprah brings up, but I've never met someone who relied on Oprah or anyone else as their source of news. I honestly do not understand the sentiment of, "haha, yes, now the Americans shall fall." Or, Hurrah! It will be a USEU v. RUSSIA-CHINA scenario. Great, it will be capitalism v. communism all over again. Hurrah for the Cold War pt. 2. We should just nickname it already, The Cold War: This Time Billions will Die! But hey, so long as those stupid Americans aren't in power, which is ironic seeing as how we are the leading nation in the world and yet we are so stupid. Guess its better to be stupid than smart
Oh and by the way, I too have NEVER heard the news say OMGZZ GASS IS SUPER EXPENSIVE CANT BUY A CHICKENZ!!! I've heard, and this was over the summer, With the rising costs of gas find out ways to save money and go green. And, did it ever occur to you that the people who watch the news aren't the supid people, they probably don't watch any news? That seems quite logical to me. Oh and for some reason, it seems to apply to the real world. But hey, bring on China and their many human rights violations within their own country (or did the US make this up), anything is better than the U.S.!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

Yep, we even hold weekly votes to kick people out of their homes.

We sure do, they're called foreclosures. Badump Ching. (joke snare drum sound)

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Ryanp5555]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
reply to post by Flighty

Fair enough but why do you think that China will become an aggressor? Suggestions of that are mainly coming from US media.. not Chinese actions. T

From what I have been reading lately a lot of the "China may get feral" talk is coming from our own Prime Minister Rudd, who seems to kiss Chinese butt one minute and then tell us that we need to proceed with"caution" , in so many words.

If Rudd wants to get in bed with China, well he can, doesn't mean we all have to. I don't trust them and nothing anyone says is going to change my gut feeling.

If the way do trade is anything to go by (lead in toys, melamine in pet food and human food, melamine in baby food etc ) is any indicator of how they would run the world, then god help us.

They are cheap, tacky and nasty and don't seem to value human life.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77
Americans are resilient, brave, and those who dont wear america like a crutch or token are the tred and true.

Can you spell P R O P A G A N D A C O N D I T I O N I N G?

Im so glad that was the first thing I read this morning, this has actually made my whole week.

The world is experiencing problems because it currently lies, en mass to itself about how to live together..simple plain and easy..get the **** along..

Thats more like it

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
I mean... Oprah? Leno? Come on. You know why they get away with it here, and not there (supposedly?) Because we think they're funny.

I watch FOX and CNN every so often.. the way the news is directed and opinionated is blatantly obvious..

I live in a neutral country that doesn't get (much) propaganda and MSM twisting of points, the news we see about various things in the world are portrayed completely differently by FOX and CNN.. always with an obvious politically motivated spin.. So if 2/3 of people in your country believe what these stations say, then you can understand that they may have a manipulated view on global events.
I also get the UK news, most is unbias but SKYnews (owned by Rupert Murdoch btw) borders manipulation almost all of the time..

Ever watch CCTV? The Chinese english speaking news channel? Now thats blatent propaganda.. bordering on absolute lies.. I watch an hour of that almost every day and have to laugh at it.

[edit on 6/5/09 by Dermo]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
I constantly see examples like this on Television from the USA and I can "Only Conclude" that the messages are targeted at dumbed down fools with a 5th grade education.

And we have an Australian to blame. The govt was #ing crazy to let Newscorp and Murdoch buy up so many media propeties. There used to be laws against one person or corporation owning more than a single television station or newspaper in one city. Now about 90% of the entire media is owned by 5 global conglomerates.

And you're a damn fool if you think it's only in the US. It's the same group of people pulling the strings behind all the native English speaking countries. I've been to Australia, nice place. The people I met there worshiped America

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
All I'm going to say is that what the news says is different from what people believe. 2/3 of people watching CNN or whatever? LOL! NO WAY! Here is the thing, if 2/3 of the people who do watch one of those news station believe everything they hear, then so would 2/3 of the people living in your country. Get off it, you have just as many dumb people per capita as we do. The only difference is that our dumb people somehow have money to make us look bad. Here's the thing, your just as bad as those people (maybe just as dumb?) if you believe the stereotypes or the hate that is spewing out of your mouth. So continue yapping, you sound like some European drone who has been told how bad the US is and the media there which breeds dumb people.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
Here's the thing, your just as bad as those people (maybe just as dumb?) if you believe the stereotypes or the hate that is spewing out of your mouth.

So continue yapping, you sound like some European drone who has been told how bad the US is and the media there which breeds dumb people.

Read my post again properly and stop being such a dramatic little baby..

Notice the word "If" before the 2/3's part? That means its a hypothetical situation.. Do you understand that concept? Or do you want me to break that down for you..?

Notice how I mentioned a number of countries in the statement.. not just yours..? So am I now anti UK & anti Chinese as well? Maybe I should also turn myself in as a traitor for saying that we also get media propaganda.

"European"..? Im not European you North American. The English speaking countries of the EU dont have anti US propaganda.. Would this not seem obvious to you?

I have my own opinions from spending time in the US, having an interest in the world and regularly conversing with American mates of mine.

I have met many of the 'US Stereotypes' you mentioned.. they were all stupid, angry, ignorant to the world and thought that because Im from Ireland, I live in a little run down farmhouse where i farm leprechauns, drink whiskey all day long and pray for a half an hour before I eat my potato sandwiches... the other half of US people I met were great fun, intelligent and had some social composure.

Finally.. How did you miss that you are the one spewing the "hate talk"? - I have not said one anti American thing in this thread.. if I have, find it please..

Otherwise.. cop on to yourself.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracySquid7
This is what i have been telling people for a while, that our country is losing power and respect around the world. Now with Obama bowing to world leaders and the like countries that used to fear us are beginning to not be afraid of us. How are we goignt to solve this problem?

I love the idea that you think half of the world not 'fearing' America is a problem that needs to be solved and that it's now that your country is "losing respect around the world". Much of the world stopped respecting your country a long time ago, if it ever did. Perhaps it's easy to mistake 'fear' for 'respect'?

For the record, if anything, Obama is probably creating some small respect for America rather than cause America to lose any more of it. I'm fairly certain that it's the gentleman that you had in office for the previous 8 years that lost you a lot of that respect that America once had.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join