It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "Star Trek" Technology Discovers Planet in Another Solar System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

New "Star Trek" Technology Discovers Planet in Another Solar System

newsblaze.com

Whilst NASA have made great discoveries with the Hubble Telescope, most of us have been unable to see the images in a form that we recognize or understand

However, maybe that will all change now with the use of APEP (Advanced Photographic Extraction Process), a technique that can extract the smallest details from an existing image and enlarge it.

Maybe, in the very near future, we will be able to observe sufficient detail on other planets (not in our Solar System), that will determine whether life exists there or not. If we can "zoom in" close enough to see structures, we will also be
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I must say this seems pretty interestint to say the least.

Being able to zoom and see rivers and maybe modes of transport in distant planets in other solar systems???

I'm sure the military will also use this for their own use as well for use in conjunction with big brother satellites.

Hopefully a big discovery will happen during my lifetime, I can't wait!

newsblaze.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This came to mind while reading that

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If the examples are anything to go by, it's just like enlarging an image and clearing it up a little in Photoshop - not good enough to see detail on a planet's surface from many light-years away, probably not even the planet itself. You can't make something out of nothing (other than software guessing for you and adding pixels, which is of course useless in these cases). If you could, the satellites would already do this (ultra zoom) in the first place and cut the need for processing the image later.

However it could have some use from orbetting satellites that can already take decent pictures of the surface. But do you think they would show us if they found anything? They already censor/filter a lot of images from the moon/mars for a reason.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by AR154]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
why don't they zoom in on the moon landing sites...
40 yrs ago in 2 months...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
why don't they zoom in on the moon landing sites...
40 yrs ago in 2 months...
also they should zoom in on pluto. I believe they have not sent a prob there yet.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I am confused a bit. If this technology can view stars in the next solar system, then surely it has little or no relevance to us here anyway. The star systems are millions of light years away so we are not only looking back in time, but we can't even do anything about it if we do see something relevant. Or am I missing something?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BigC2012

1) No matter how old it's still useful information
2) The zoom capability might be going foward in visibile time
3) If there's no zoom, but just clearing up precision points than it's still info

Originally posted by AR154
If the examples are anything to go by, it's just like enlarging an image and clearing it up a little in Photoshop -

Ummm no it's not photoshop
what has been done with this device can't be done with photoshop

Trust me, I know photoshop very well

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The fact that this technology is now availabe is not surprising, it was only a matter of time before scientist were able to do this. One of the leading Optical Scientists resently said, "information in a photo may be infinitly small is not lost and can be retreived". I have read where ths scientist, Ron Stewart has Mars photos of the serface he is about to release showng detailed images of structures on the surface. After reading the article it maks sense that scientist should have been developing technology like this a long time ago.......

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The link to the image of the Orion Nebula photo is below, it's 1500 light years away from Earth. The image is quite good and I agree photos of Mars with this system would be outstanding....

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RonnieUFO

Hmmmm those pages are missing for some reason.I think the URL is incomplete or is this a cover-up?!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This is similar to the claims of some scientists that they were close to building a usable warp drive engine, like in Star Trek.

Warp Drive Engine Would Travel Faster Than Light
Eric Bland, Discovery News

July 28, 2008 -- It is possible to travel faster than light. You just wouldn't travel faster than light.

Seems strange, but by manipulating extra dimensions with astronomical amounts of energy, two Baylor University physicists have outlined how a faster-than-light engine, or warp drive, could be created that would bend but not break the laws of physics.

"We think we can create an effective warp drive, based on general relatively and string theory," said Gerald Cleaver, coauthor of the paper that recently appeared on the preprint server ArXiv.org

The warp engine is based on a design first proposed in1994 by Michael Alcubierre. The Alcubierre drive, as it's known, involves expanding the fabric of space behind a ship into a bubble and shrinking space-time in front of the ship. The ship would rest in between the expanding and shrinking space-time, essentially surfing down the side of the bubble.

The tricky part is that the ship wouldn't actually move; space itself would move underneath the stationary spacecraft. A beam of light next to the ship would still zoom away, same as it always does, but a beam of light far from the ship would be left behind.

Tapping the Fabric of Space-Time

A design first proposed in1994 by Michael Alcubierre is illustrated. The Alcubierre drive, as it's known, involves expanding the fabric of space behind a ship into a bubble and shrinking space-time in front of the ship. The ship would rest in between the expanding and shrinking space-time, essentially surfing down the side of the bubble.

dsc.discovery.com...

Science-fiction is becoming reality more and more.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RonnieUFO
The fact that this technology is now availabe is not surprising, it was only a matter of time before scientist were able to do this. One of the leading Optical Scientists resently said, "information in a photo may be infinitly small is not lost and can be retreived". I have read where ths scientist, Ron Stewart has Mars photos of the serface he is about to release showng detailed images of structures on the surface. After reading the article it maks sense that scientist should have been developing technology like this a long time ago.......

It was not one of the "leading Optical Scientists" who said that. It was Ron Stewart who said it. You know, the guy who' trying to sell his "technology". Can you point me to some of his work in the field of optics? I can't seem to find anything.

"Infinitely small". Pfft.

Sounds awfully familiar:

As one of the persons who is involved with PPP let me explain how the process works in the simple terms. Imagine you take a photo of an object and your photo is 4x6 than that photo contains about 600 digital pixels. What we did with Christine's photo was enlarge the photo to nearly 45,000 digital pixels which made the photo the size of a outdoor movie screen 50feetx50feet, with our special equipment.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5/5/2009 by Phage]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The scientist who invented APEP is by far the leading authority on image enhancement the proof is self evident from the article or someone else would have developed the process and presented it to the world by now. Seems like someone is always looking for a fight or trying to distract from the real subject, can you do this? let's see what you have to offer and I will debunk your work.
It is so exciting to use APEP working on UFO's photos and planets like Mars for research. Having worked with the scientist now for more than a year I can tell everyone here that he has so many photos yet to release that they are beyond most peoples imagination of what they could possiby be... The good news is like the photos of the only Solar system beyond our own came from Ron Stewart, the next set of photos will be of our solar systems planets up close. The most incredible thing about to happen is APEP is going HD-Hight Definition, now were talking about a 500% increase in pixels.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Phage, it sounds like you are some what of an expert on the subject of astrophotography? Since you sound so condescending about the subject and the scientist could you please share with us your scientific contributions to the world. It seems as if you are quite the expert on all matters of Optics how about providing some of your work here for us to review. Most people who sit on the sidelines and are critics feel insignificant when confronted with a scientific contribution by others. Please indulge us with your mental prowess by stepping up with something you have written or produced so we can feel like your words are more than just smears of others who try and give something of substance to the world.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RonnieUFO

Ronnie, (interesting coincidence of names)

No. I do know a little about how digital imagery works but I'm not an expert on astrophotography and I haven't published any papers on it. But then I don't claim to be. I don't have to, I'm not selling anything.

Has Ron Stewart published anything in the field? If I could see any credentials of his that show he is an expert it would help. Where has he worked? Does he have any degrees in optics (though not necessary, it can be helpful in boosting credibility)? I looked but I couldn't find anything. It seems that "the leading authority on image enhancement" would have something more to show for it than a single article about something he would like to sell.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Phage, Ron Stewart is an Archeologist with a specialty in Optical science as the article says. Ron is a teacher and has a private side so hakes don’t disrupt his work that’s why he only releases personal information. If you wish to present all your personal information maybe he would in exchange. I know how hard it is for someone to see proof as in the photos in the news article for all the science community to debunk if they were not true but no has and no one will because the photos are as real as the nose on your face.
Actually this should be a celebration for all mankind for this invention will surely give the science world a plethora of new information in which to discover new solar systems and planets that may have taken hundreds of years longer without it. Can you image what he has in store for us in the coming weeks, Mars, the Moons of our solar system and UFO’s up close and APEP has the ability to look inside windows of UFO’s if they have them, some do…..

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
By the way, Ron Stewart is not selling his invention, he will lease it to Universities or Observatories like the article says. It is important that this information be available to the young minds of the world so we may use it to enhance future generations…….
Get your facts straight, please…….

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
We've already seen inside the windows of "spaceships".
www.profindsearch.com...

top topics

join