It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Indian, a curry and why I became invisible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Before I delve too far into my belief I became invisible, for the record I'd like to state I have no history of mental illness, don't take drugs, and am certain of the facts I am about to state. No doubt there is a reasonable explanation, and admittedly my mind was not in an optimal state of happiness when this event occurred, but my memory is perfect, my clarity was intact, and this whole thing happened over a two-hour period.

First some background...

Some time ago I went in to business with two others - one an older colleague, the other a friend, who was fully silent.

Things started well, the money was rolling in from day one, and on the surface I had great hope. But not long after, the main guy - whom I trusted initially - began renegging on his contract, behaving strangely, and...as was soon to be discovered, writing cash cheques and putting them through another business. He did ALOT worse than this, but this gives you an idea of where things were heading. He was basically sabotaging things, because he had not honored his agreement and promises to back out of a competing business beforehand; he kept his fingers in two pies, and the other company put the hard word on him, threatening legal action etc. To cut it short, we had to wind the business down, which left ALOT of money owed to the original investor. Of course, like the sly skunk of a man he was, he secreted the contracts we had drawn up out of the office, and washed his hands of all moral responsibility, leaving me holding the bag.

Yes, I am, or was, a naiive businessman and should have done a hell of alot more due dilligence. But I had known the guy for years and years, we were friends and I trusted him. Lesson learnt, trust noone in business.

Anyway, I was stuck in a bad place, had virtually lost my career as a result and really, really worried how the hell I was going to pay back such a large sum. The whole thing was a mess, and I went into a very dark place I wish to never be in again. I did not take any anti-depressants as I do not believe in altering the mind in that way. I had no family support either as it was in another country.

One night, after being holed up inside for a couple of days sorting things, I phoned my usual Indian takeaway spot for a curry and naan bread. They'd delivered to me dozens of times and knew me well.

Half an hour later, the delivery guy phones me and asked me where I was. I was home, always had been, hadn't left for two days...where's my curry? He insisted he knocked but I wasn't there. I reconfirmed the address, even though they know it. He said he'd come up again. I waited again...then 15 minutes later, another call; Sorry sir (Indian guy) you are not home, are you sure that's your address?

I was starting to get annoyed, and hungry...so I thought maybe he's a new guy and got the wrong apartment.

So I said hang on I'll come down. So I go down onto the street...look around, wait...no curry. I called him asking where he was. He said he was just outside, and then I got annoyed (even though you should never do this to those who make
your food) and called bull#. I said my street address and number again, and he was going yes, yes I was there and you weren't.

His English was reasonably good, but a heavy Indian accent. But it was very very clear he had the right address. Then I thought, hey maybe there are two streets with the same name, even though this was highly unlikely as I'm sure I'd know about it. So I said, ok you are in XXXX street right? I asked if he saw the McDonalds which was on a corner. He said yes, I said ok go there now and I will meet you there. This was about 100 metres away. So we hang up.

I get there, wait another 10 minutes. Same freaking thing. No bloody curry. Now I was getting really angry, as I thought he must be lieing to me, messing with me.

(2nd post to come below...)

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm on the phone virtually shouting at him saying what the hell is wrong?? He was insisting he was outside McDonalds. I was getting really pissed.

After ten minutes of virtually arguing and me calling him a liar and an idiot, I hung up in anger and stormed home to look up the restaurant number.

I got on to the manager and was asking after my curry. What's wrong with your delivery guy? The manager said the delivery guy had called him
a couple of times and said I wasn't home...anyway, the conversation was going nowhere. I said I am home now!!! He offered to call him and get him to go to me one more time.

We hung up, and I waited. No curry.

This whole phone yo-yo thing lasted about 2 hours. It was the wierdest, most frustrating experience ever.

I know some of you will jab and jibe and ridicule that how can I presume going into another dimension or vibrational state that rendered
me invisible just because my curry never arrived, but there isn't alot of rational explanation as to why this guy was insisting he was at my home, outside my place, and outside the same McDonald's. It was downright wierd.

I was too angry too call them back again, plus I had shouted at them at the end of it all so didn't want to order from them again.

This event is 100% true and is not a joke.

Is it possible the stress of my situation resulted in me operating on a very very low frequency, to the point that others couldn't see me?

(BTW, I'm fine now and happy, and only believe I was invisible for a day or two maybe, or maybe only a few hours, I don't know. I did post before about an invisible UFO, but they are not related and I have no special interest on invisibility).

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
how would you explain the fact that you didnt see him?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudbreak

Paralle world? Split time? Did you come outside and approach someone to say "ask for directions" just to see if you could be seen and heard?

Somethings are beyond our current technology but probably explainable.

One of the stranger posts.

Too bad you didn't get your "Curry Fix" when I have a Matarpaneer Attack I gotta have it.

I would have gone to the Indian Restaurant and gotten it from the counter.

Maybe somebody was playing around with you.?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Fett Pinkus

I cannot explain.
But the level of frustration you reach when you are on the phone to someone who is insisting they are standing outside the front door of the very same McDonalds on the very same street corner is unbearable.

Yes, I was speaking to him in real-time. He had no reason to be messing with me, if anything, it would be him who was risking looking bad in front of his boss.

Sorry, I cannot explain it, but the whole thing is true...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Yeah..n.o he was definitely not messing with me, no reason to. He was losing business and face in front of his boss. I swear he knew the address, he repeated it over and over. We must have spent 30 minutes on the phone going over small details over the whole episode.

I didn't speak to anyone else over that day. I felt reclusive, stressed out over my situation. Didn't want to socialize one little bit, even lost interest in sex for a while

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudbreak

One night, after being holed up inside for a couple of days sorting things, I phoned my usual Indian takeaway spot for a curry and naan bread. They'd delivered to me dozens of times and knew me well.

What kind of tips do you give these delivery people? Considering your financial situation, maybe he heard from other employess that you are stingy?

Have you ordered food from this particular establishment since this night with no problems?

edit typo

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Nope, always tipped extremely generously. They had delivered to me many many times before, all without even the tiniest of hitches.

I was not broke, just extremely stressed. Although I did not have the large sums involved to repay straight away, the owed money was in the business, so repaying that was a whole different matter, which needed to go through other channels, not straight out of my pocket as soon as things went south.

Oh..just to add, no, I never ordered again from them though in hindsight I should have and talked calmly and rationally to them about it. I was too embarrassed, and angry, to order from them after that incident. I basically was shouting at them by the end of it all. That's what happens when you have a calm, Indian manager on the other end of the phone insisting with everything he's worth that he knows the address, that his employee had gone to my home several times...but I was not there. It was very, very frustrating.

Another reason I never ordered again as I left that area not too long after...the investor took pity as he knew it was not my fault why things turned the way they did. He sent me to another country to work for him on a different project, which I am eternally grateful to him.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by cloudbreak]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Maybe you gave him the wrong adress, or there was a simillarly named place around your area. I know that has happened to me with a taxi and take away before!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I like this story, and it does pose an interesting question.

But why couldn't YOU see HIM?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tadarida

This question, I haven't the foggiest clue to. If I had answers I would be posting them.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Maybe the delivery guy thought the order was a hoax or that he was being set up for a robbery. I used to do take away delivery and got robbed by 3 A$holes with knives and metal bars they made an order and when I got there it was a deralict house.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This is weird but it is more likely he was screwing with you, and went off somewhere to do god knows what.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
You weren't invisible. You simply became momentarily unstuck in time. You couldn't have gone TOO far, as you were still able to talk on the cell phone, so I'd say 1-2 minutes at the most. HE was there, so were YOU. Just not at the same time.

Think about it. If you story is true -- and I have no history that would indicate I should doubt you -- then that's a highly probable explanation.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tadarida
I like this story, and it does pose an interesting question.

But why couldn't YOU see HIM?

Well, if he was indeed transported into another dimension that he wouldnt beable to see anyone still in this dimension and people in this dimension wouldnt be able to see him in the other dimension.

But considering all this, what might be more unusual is how could they still talk on the phone inbetween dimensions

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

That's why I went with temportal displacement. I mean, as an armchair theory, either one has pretty much equal plausability/probability. If we look at a temporal displacement as X being static and Y being "unstuck", then time might be measured as a function of the goegraphical change, and thus a short amount of time would still leave a person "in range".

I gotta lay off the espresso

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudbreak you spoke of being in a "dark place", i have been there myself when my husband and son past on. strange you referred to it as that "dark place", that is exactly what i called it. it is a feeling of such overpowering grief that it can do strange things with your mind, i never want to go there again. i'm not saying this didn't happen what i am saying is that you were very vulnerable. to what? i don't know

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I believe you.

I've had it happen at least three times. One more profound than the others.

I wish I could offer you some kind of explanation--but I can't. The only thing I can see that your experience may have had in common with mine is--I was at a crossroads in my life. All I can tell you is I know it happens.

Hope you got some curry..eventually.
)

Charlotte

reply to post by cloudbreak

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sounds like one of those episodes from Sliders. pretty good scfi show

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Thanks very much to everyone for your suggestions.

I should add that I first placed this thread in psychology/metaphysics, as I thought there would be someone well-versed in psychology that might be able to explain this occurrence as a trick, or symptom, of the mind as a result of being in the distressed state that I was.

Other background info includes that during that period of a couple of weeks, I really had lost my faith in human beings (being betrayed by a friend is bad enough, but when it involves your whole career/livelihood and other primary issues, it was really not good). I’m leaning more now towards something to do with split time, having read what Argentus and Ofhumandescent suggest. Split time would make a bit more sense and I will have a think about it. Though equally I'm not going to fully discount being invisible (though I know this is a stretch) or a more practical explanation.

I'm also thinking it could have been some sort of divine lesson. I was angry, depressed, hurt...and really was thinking about this whole humanity thing wondering how people could be so damned untrustworthy and immoral. Maybe it had something to do along the lines of 'if you don't learn how to put your faith in other humans again, then how are you going to eat/survive on earth?'. Just a thought that came to me just then.

That time period over the couple of weeks, also, involved loss of track of time – I didn’t know what day it was and didn’t care, so I don’t know if that is relevant.

One more odd thing that happened (and this can easily be put down to coincidence), but during the same time we had to change the locks of the office. I was given one key, but, I accidentally used that key to go into my apartment one night…and yes, the exact same key opened both doors. I don’t know the odds of that, but it happened nonetheless. It was not a basic key, but quite a complex arrangement of teeth and grooves, and the locks were quite expensive. I then carried round that key only, as it was on a separate key-tag.

Anyway, I hadn’t told this story to anyone before and have always wondered. I just thought this forum would be good to see if there was any substance to my thoughts given people are a bit more open-minded here.

Will try to reply to a couple of the posts above shortly…

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join