It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the Jews Apologize?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
No one should ever apoligize for something they had no control over just because of their race, religion, nationality ect. It's stupid to make whites apoligize to blacks for slavery 200 years ago, it's stupid to make Germans not alive during WWII apoligize for the Nazis. By that line of thinking, everyone in the world today should constantly be apoligizing for every event in history

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
should the jews apologize for having christ crucified?

the answer is a simple no.

jesus said in his last hours on the cross "forgive them father, for they know not what they do." they've probally already been forgiven by god.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
"forgive them father they know not what they do"

he was talking about the romans who had no idea who they were crucifying

it was not intended for the jews as they did know what they where doing as they said

"his blood be on us and on our children"

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar
"forgive them father they know not what they do"

he was talking about the romans who had no idea who they were crucifying

it was not intended for the jews as they did know what they where doing as they said

Ashlar this is preposterous. It sounds as if you now admit that the Romans crucified Christ, but that Christ himself forgave them for it. But the Jews, whom you claim were responsible for the crusifixian (sp?), were not forgiven? So Jesus was willing to forgive the people who killed him, but NOT the people who wanted him dead? Hmmmm. If you're killing Jesus, doesn't that include you as one of the people who want him dead? I apologize but your arguements make no sense. Must be because your trying to use the Bible to justify hate.
Sounds like someone is missing the point of the book - better get out your Cliff's Notes...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
do you blame a german soldier for the holocaust or do you blame hitler?

do you blame the roman soldiers for the crucifixion or do you blame the jews?

forgive them for they know not what they do > roman administration including pilate ;; who said:

"i wash my hands of this innocent mans blood"

to which the jews replied

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

forgive them for they know not what they do > roman administration including pilate ;; who said:

I blame Hitler & the rest of the world for putting the German people in such a horrible situation that allowed that madman to come to power in the first place.

I blame pilot & the romans they were the ones in power.

And, requoting the Bible to substantiate your need to hate will not convince me to share your view. Got any historical facts to back up your story?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ashlar you have no proof and you are the very type of clown that people were worried would go throw a brick at a synagogue because of the passion. You demonstrate a lack of any knowledge in this subject besides things you may have seen in a movie or read in an article.

No one is apologizing, now or ever. I entertained this possibility because it was a stimulating thread. The jewish people will not apologize for a historically muddied event that NO ONE can say for sure who's fault it was. The quote you use as fact is hardly fact as we can all understand. Your quote proves nothing.

All you have done is demonstrated a feeling you yourself have. No one gives a damn about why you think the Jews are so terrible. No one is alive who can verify your claim of Jews taking blame for anything. Quite frankly you can bitch about this till you're blue in the face and no one will apologize for ancient debated facts. Oh well.

Incidentally if you believe the Romans had no idea of the stature of the person they were crucifying then you are more of a fool than I initially thought.

[Edited on 4-27-2004 by Djarums]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
to argue on this topic we have to make the assumption that the bible is correct, or else, how do we know there even was a jesus?

assuming the bible is correct; go and re-read the quotes

also read revelation 2;9 and 3;9 to see the punishment jesus has promised the jews

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
we are missing the subject of this thread

if the bible is true, then an appology from the jews doesnt mean jack, they will all burn in hell for thier sins

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Where does it say that? Furthermore, are we talking the real jews or the "so-called" Jews.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ok so do us all a favor... go on with your belief that all the jewish people will burn in hell forever for # that was "done" 2,000 years ago. Go believe in a god who will blame people who weren't around or even born yet for something that was "done". Congrats on your closed minded life. As stated earlier, no one will ever apologize for this so it is pretty much a dead issue.

Colonel, I'm happy to say that I have found people who agree with your theory about todays jews not being real jews. You and they have decided that the rich traditions that jewish people have were fabricated. That's ok. William knows who I'm talking about since he's from NYC. They're a nice group of young African American men who stand in Times Square in old looking garb, claim to be the real jews and berate passersby for being white. I recall watching them harass a woman in her mid-50's and telling her she should kiss each of their feet for being a white person whos race oppressed black people.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

blame the jews. pilate was a roman. his mene were just doing what the population wanted. pilate washed his hands of this mess

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
First let me say that while raised Jewish I am not a practicing jew and consider my self more of a spiritualist than anything else.

I hope this may help sum up the situation.

Long ago when I was in my early teens and at boarding school my roommate was a german kid named Oliver.

Nice guy and we got along very well. Then came the day when he found out I was Jewish, it was late at night and we were all up talking and the subject of Chanukah came up, for whatever reason, I think we were talking about what we were all going to do on winter break.

When the topic of me being jewish came up Oliver seemed to get uncomfortable and walked outside him being my roommate I went out to see what was wrong.

Remember we were all around 13-15. This is the basic conversation word for word.

Oliver: So you are Jewish ya?

Me: Yep.

Oliver: So ze holocaust ya?

Me: Yeah?

Oliver: Sorry about zat.

I have never laughed so hard in all my life. It had never occured to me to blame a kid my age for something he had no control over, within a second Oliver was laughing too.

It's been over 18 years and we still keep in touch.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Here's a link to an article about the people who use the term "so called jews" like you, colonel. Unfortunately I couldn't find a web presence for them, so this article about them will have to do.

I suppose you should consider yourself in good company... or at least entertaining company.

AmericanProwler

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
spiderj, i think the point here is that normal people (as you demonstrated above) are able to move on with human relations and not blame people for things their ancestors did.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Judiasm is a religion and not a race. Anybody with a brain knows that.I cant make a conversion to being an african, chinese, japanese, mexican and so forth. You can convert to judiasm,christianity catholithism,etc.. The sooner you idiots learn that the better. #, some times i really wonder why i am here.
I see the age revelations occasionally and sometimes clues to high school or college but does anybody here think.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

spiderj, i think the point here is that normal people (as you demonstrated above) are able to move on with human relations and not blame people for things their ancestors did.

I agree djarums and I posted my opinion early on in the thread, but as will all passionate threads it seeemed to be turning into an argument over things that cannot be solved, I was just hoping to maybe bring back round.

And thanks for the compliment, I was hoping that message would come accross.

Judiasm is a religion and not a race. Anybody with a brain knows that.I cant make a conversion to being an african, chinese, japanese, mexican and so forth.

Yes, yes Ashley this is an interesting thing isn't it. Is judiasm a race or religion or both? My mother was raised in england and converted to Judiasm to marry my father.

To most jews (and even some of the more religious jewish people I know) I would actually not be a jew because my mother isn't jewish.

No one has ever volunteered to give me my foreskin back however.

So judiasm is a religion with blood/racial ties through the mothers side.

This all gets a little confusing for me, as religion is choice and race is not, unless of course your Michael Jackson.

Why do I feel this is all going to lead back to the suppression of the mother earth goddess figure.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Here's a link to an article about the people who use the term "so called jews" like you, colonel. Unfortunately I couldn't find a web presence for them, so this article about them will have to do.

I suppose you should consider yourself in good company... or at least entertaining company.

AmericanProwler

The article was racist but what do you expect from the American Spectator, a repugnant piece of online fishwrap. Now, outside of all the rhtoric and yelling and screaming, I have actually had a conversation with these people to understand their point of view. I even debated them on it, strictly using the Bible (Old and New Testament)...

and I find no fault in what they say. Now, to yell at people on the street (white AND black people), well, that's what they do...

and its funny as #.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Now, to yell at people on the street (white AND black people), well, that's what they do...

and its funny as (c).

Hate to say it, but I have to agree, if you have a chance to watch them yell at a muscle bound guy walking down the street with his girl and one of the black guard leader (usually the one with the most makeshift homemade/store bought tin foil armor) warrior guys begins to question his manhood as they walk past...hate to say it but it is really amusing to watch.

The hate isn't cool of course and I think there is probably somebody in the FBI keeping tabs on them but we wouldn't know.

Sometimes people don't report these things because it only makes the situation worse.

then again they could be incredibly organized and planning a coup, don't hold your breath though.

I don't get to New York much, but they have never done anything other than yell as you walk past. I've never felt threatened or in danger by any of them.

Maybe that's part of their plan. Also they're not just in Time Square on Sundays.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Nah, they're in DC too. I watch them here. The mistake people make is that they stop to get insulted. Fortunately, I actually treat them with repect and never yell, so they actually talk back to me to explain their point of view without the yelling.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join