It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Tanks, Bulldozers Roll Into Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Israeli Tanks, Bulldozers Roll Into Gaza

www.presstv.ir

Israeli ground forces have launched an incursion into the Gaza Strip after the military jets bombed 'tunnels' beneath the border between the beleaguered sliver and Egypt.

Israeli tanks and bulldozers crossed the border into northern town of Beit Lahiya as troops attacked Palestinian farmers in their fields in al-Faraheen area, east of Khan Yunis city on Saturday, Xinhua reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.xinhuanet.com
www.paltelegraph.com

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
NO - NOT AGAIN! Damned...
!!!

What a great "Flu" cover for Israel to start Operations now!

Have we see this before? --- And now what? ... New victims, houses ruined, bombed civilians - more phosporous... And one very, very angry Muslim world!

Pretext to attack Syria, Iran, Lebanon? - I quess so.

PLEASE YOU ISRAELI IDIOTS - STOP THIS MADNESS!

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
How like them, sneaking in the back door while many people are distracted with the "flu" epidemic. This is insane, I pray for the people Gaza.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Any other sources cooberating the story? I don't mean to scrutinize, but Press TV sometimes puts out halve truths about Israel.

This is a horrible situation regardless however, the poor people of Gaza have not even had time to rebuild their loses from the last of the genocide, and now they are going to begin all over again.

The MMS is obviously too busy covering the Flu and other various "fluff" topics to even run a 3rd page report on Gaza or what Israel is doing.

We'll need to rely on the European news for updates on this one.

~Keeper

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Israel media doesnt report any ground movements --- Looks like a very small operation, or then its total sneak attack from backdoor, in great momentum.

Have to keep very tight eye in the area now... I am so sad from these news. Operation Cast Lead was total fiasco, it didnt sole any problem - but made hundreds new ones... Barak, Bibi and insane FM - what can you expect?

In monday is meeting with Obama - this have to be some beginning - part of the big game which is soon start to take place.

No mongering now - but alert "phase 5" I think

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
OH, goodie. Now I can catch up on the Holocaust history that the tv networks always show during such incursions! Good times.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I used to think that Isreal was a great idea, however my thoughts have changed since it appears they have no interest in ever getting along with their neighbors.

Isreal now really frightens me, and I think they need to be put in check. How that will happen I don't know, but they are pissing me off by doing whatever they damned well please, now.

I hope a peaceful solution can be found, because this stuff has to stop!

Isreal is pushing a lot of buttons..................................

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I challenge you to find different source. Expecting a silence in return. I just searched through several Israeli and Palestinian news sites - and they all do not mention it. The closest i got was some mysterious shelling of invading IOF (what is that?) by NSB? (Ha?) while mortars rounds fell in Israel.
Iranian propaganda for gullible non-Israeli geniuses. Pretext to Hamas's refusal to yet another Egypt-mediated agreement.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Peres, Obama to meet Tuesday

White House releases Israeli president's engagements during Washington visit; Peres to also meet US Vice President Joe Biden, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton

www.ynetnews.com...

- Woah! What a timing this is to start any ground movements? --- This have to be false alarm... But there is no western news agencies, still none.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
I challenge you to find different source. Expecting a silence in return. I just searched through several Israeli and Palestinian news sites - and they all do not mention it.

It's being reported in The Palestinian Telegraph.

www.paltelegraph.com...:five-palestinians-injured-in-israeli-raids&catid=58:gaza-strip&Itemid=182

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The Israeli Occupation Forces infiltrated into Beit Lahya town northern of Gaza Strip.

Local sources said that a number of tanks accompanied by three bulldozers infiltrated hundreds of meters eastern of Beit Lahya and opened heavy fire towards houses of citizens and their properties, however no injuries were reported.

The sources added that agriculture lands were bulldozed before the troops withdrew from the area.

www.paltelegraph.com...:five-palestinians-injured-in-israeli-raids&catid=58:gaza-strip&Itemid=182

--- So, it was very limited ground operation, but still the news is no hoax. Its good that we have PressTV to report these movements worldwide! --- No mentions in western MSM.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Ok, stand corrected. There is indeed another report (tanks ,buldozers, heavy fire at farmers-houses-property,gladly no injuries) from Palestinian source. Though i am yet to see Israeli one. And there is mention of blown tunnel,settlers firing at Palestinians, i fail to understand why Gaza land incursion is not mentioned.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I heard on skynews.com that they'd carried out air strikes on the tunnels and 2 Gazan's were pulled out of 1 of the tunnels.

I just checked their website so I could put the link here and I can't find anything at all about it on their site!?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maya00a
I heard on skynews.com that they'd carried out air strikes on the tunnels and 2 Gazan's were pulled out of 1 of the tunnels.

I just checked their website so I could put the link here and I can't find anything at all about it on their site!?

Aljazeera have about the air strike but nothing about ground movements.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Kuwait News Agency:

Israeli tanks fire at Palestinian orchards in Jabaliya

GAZA, May 2 (KUNA) -- Israeli tanks fired at Palestinian orchards in eastern Jabaliya, northern Gaza Strip, on Saturday. Local radio said the tanks fired heavily at the orchards early this morning, which prompted the farms to quickly leave the land for fear of their lives. There was no loss of life but the land suffered serious damage, the radio reported.

www.kuna.net.kw...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well they first did move in about 4 days ago about 2 weeks ago Israel showed there newest dozer which is remote controlled. Not sure if anyone is aware of what im saying, but if you dig around you will find the initial reports leading upto this all.
As ive already posted in one or two other flu posts, forget the flu and keep an eye on what is happening in the world. Its like a chess board, now its your move.

new topics

top topics

join