It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bike that runs on air

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I wonder how this really works . . .

cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com...

I didn't understand that well the explanation in the narration. Any idea what is happening in the combustion chamber?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Good post!

This reminds me of the MYT engine

www.youtube.com...

If your a car guy/girl you will be amazed at the specs and the torque it produces.

It even sounds very close to the same but it looks like they have made it a bit more simple.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Nothing happens in the combustion chamber...well, not exactly.
They just fill pressurized air tanks which run the piston instead of the expansion of a fuel/air mixture ignition.
That's what internal combustion is about: creating a pressure differential inside the combustion chamber to force the piston down. In this case, the pressure is held in the air tank instead.
As the intake valve is opened, the pressure is released into the piston chamber, pushing it down generating the mechanical force.
Once the process is started, the momentum of the metal parts inside the engine perpetuate the valve actuation.

They're still most likely generating pollution to compress the air in the first place, but at least it's not coming out the tailpipe of the bike, eh?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Air engines have been around for over 200 years.

Finely someone is putting one on a bike.

when will someone build a natural gas air hybrid car.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 4N6310

Yes, indeed. It's an air pump principle. I missed the AIR word painted on the "fuel tanks."

You might have been as well right about the other air pollution, even though I didn't hear that Honda air pump that runs on gas when the guys where pressurizing the air tanks on the bike. Maybe it was an electrical air pump and the shame is on a coal-burning power plant.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander
You might have been as well right about the other air pollution, even though I didn't hear that Honda air pump that runs on gas when the guys where pressurizing the air tanks on the bike. Maybe it was an electrical air pump and the shame is on a coal-burning power plant.

Well most people would fall for that...

"Hey let's make an oxygen-fueled engine and we'll help the environment by putting more oxygen to air!!"

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

"Hey let's make an oxygen-fueled engine and we'll help the environment by putting more oxygen to air!!"

I do have an idea to send oxygen through the tail pipe . . .
www.jgsee.kmutt.ac.th...

. . . but it would work only on sunny days.

new topics

top topics

join