It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Do This!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Seriously,I mean this is an unnecessary 'kink' thrown into the wheels of real Ufology.CGI is great for movies,but with the availability everywhere it makes Ufology so much more discredited due to the large number of 'believable hoaxes' perpetrated.This is one reason believers get a bad name.I mean are we as a species so immature and stupid that if something comes up that is so far out of the paradigm we must ridicule and scoff it!I am getting fed up,but then again it is something others and myself must deal with and choose to when becoming a serious believer/researcher.Here is a video explaining what I mean.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I can't remember the name of the video game, but that is exactly what this is. In the game the e alien is human though. He has the same walk pattern and everything, including the exact same room and all.

They simply replaced the video game character with an alien. Makes you wanna put somebody in a choke hold if they are trying to pass this off as real.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
it makes Ufology so much more discredited due to the large number of 'believable hoaxes' perpetrated.This is one reason believers get a bad name.

? Why Do People Do This! ?

Because they are not people, they are MORONS !
You are soooooo right, in your points !

Blue skies.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

That's just a demo. Others get their jollies by faking a video, suckering people in, then get a 'ha ha look at those stupid people'.

It's counter productive, and hoaxing should stop, that that it will.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
That is awesome. I am going to learn how to use CGI just so I can screw with people. I totally get why they do it. Its fun to toy with peoples perception.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I say anyone who hoaxes anything should face a class E felony and be placed on probation or put in the penitentiary for 1-6 years,plus a fine of up to 10,000 dollars!That would get them to stop!

They make the being look real too,I almost felt sad for it,lol.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It's not a hoax in my opinion, it's a 3d artist doing it for many possible reasons, from fun hobby to paid work for a company etc who knows.

So what's wrong with this?

[edit on 30-4-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
I say anyone who hoaxes anything should face a class E felony and be placed on probation or put in the penitentiary for 1-6 years,plus a fine of up to 10,000 dollars!That would get them to stop!

They make the being look real too,I almost felt sad for it,lol.

I say all the people who charge you to get into a conference about aliens and ufo's should be charged with a class e felony because they are taking your money and have no proof.

So you are going to give someone 6 years in jail for a prank?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I've been weeding out the real from the fakes and am getting good at it. When you view a video, look for impossible feats such as the picture, the sounds, the voices, the bystanders, etc. It's the totality of the video the tells the difference. They all work together.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Simple answer, the ufo community is full of people who will buy into stuff like this. If you want to blame someone for this, blame the gullible that are rampant in the ufo community.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Why people do this? Well..

Maybe it's just because they're 3d animators and want to make a promotional and/or artistic film. Maybe they never put it up as a hoax.. Maybe the url in the first few frames leads to a website that explains it.

See this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's more likely that some boob reposted it on Youtube, not knowing where it came from and not searching (well) for it either.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It won't stop because "believers" are often only believers because they're far too gullible. So yeah, it's going to attract people who enjoy fooling and playing tricks on people. This wouldn't happen so much if believers took a more critical stance to the so-called "evidence".

This doesn't mean you can't believe in aliens... hell most everybody, not only believers, are convinced that life - perhaps even intelligent life - is out there somewhere. All it means is that we should be critical of fantastical claims. Testimony is worthless as evidence in the real world. In the age of digital manipulation, pictures and videos are even more worthless as evidence.

If you want people to stop ridiculing UFOology, then stop treating it as a religion to be believed - and instead a science, and present some real evidence to back up claims. So long as you keep having gullible fools swallowing these hoaxes hook, line, and sinker - you're going to continue to have hoaxers having a laugh at your expense.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It doesn't matter how gullible these believers are,they are like that cause they have experienced something REAL,or can accept the truth.So when people purposely mislead and 'prank' in a real subject they should be jailed.And I can say that with experience.......Why?Cause I have been to jail,in fact for 190 days,so I do know what the consequences of actions are,so please don't tell me I am being to harsh.There is something undeniably going on here and people who prank or hoax just for fun need to do it in a way that doesn't interfere with the real subject.They should make it known that the video or post,or whatever is fictional.It does not make any sense on a mature level to purposely hoax someone or a whole federation of people for that matter for 'kicks'.They should be punished,they are interfering with a legit investigation.Until certain people get that out of their heads(that it is okay and cool to make fun and hoax UFOs/aliens and other non popular topics) then I see no real progress for humanity IMO.So because something is not proved we can make fun of it and ridicule it?NO,and Ufology IS NOT a place for future CGI artists to plug their work.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Agreed,but it only "sounds good".The skeptics act the very same way and force believers into the corners "depicting Ufology as religion".So maybe both sides need to reconsider.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Are you seriously saying people should be thrown in jail for creating a CGI alien? seriously?....

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

You think they should be tossed in jail for something that the majority of the world finds to be a joke. This will never happen nor should it, it is funny because of the people that buy these fakes and declare thme to be real
. If you don't see the hunour too bad for you and good for those of us that do

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I am saying that people who officially say that a certain video is legit and show it to the world(when knowing it is a fake) should be jailed yes.If you cant understand that(anyone on here) than I am sorry,maybe you dont have the passion or the want for the truth that others and myself have.If certain groups dont take this seriously,despite all the evidence than I am truly sorry for their ignorance.

I mean how can you truly believe that it is okay for someone to intentionally mislead an official investigation into real life events that affect multitudes of people around the world?!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Whether joking or not, he's certainly not providing evidence that those who believe in Aliens are capable of rational or critical thinking.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Oh really,why?Because I have a stance that anyone who perpetrated a knowing hoax pertaining to anything should be punished?I think you are the one who is being a little ignorant here.Hell,some hoaxers were recently charged with a misdemeanor in Mass.(I think that's the state) for the recent UFO triangle hoax.So obviously I am not the only one who feels like this.But I guess I should have expected this thread to draw out all the skeptics.

[edit on 4/30/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN
? Why Do People Do This! ?

Because they are not people, they are MORONS !
You are soooooo right, in your points !

Blue skies.

Tomorrow morning when my girlfriend wakes up and I'll tell you if she believes this is real. Certain people fall for this kind of crap all the time... even if it's made for a video game ot just a hoax.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join