It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Forces End Combat Operations in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

British Forces End Combat Operations in Iraq

www.truthout.org

British Forces have formally ended combat operations in Iraq today in a move that means they are finally returning home after more than six years. The drawdown of the bulk of the 3,700 UK troops remaining in Iraq will now speed up in the coming days.

Britain formally passed authority for operations in southern Iraq to US forces.

The move - a month earlier than timetabled - was disclosed as Defence Secretary John Hutton flew into Basra for a service to honour the 179 British personnel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well Obviously Britain realizes that Iraq is sinking ship leaving the us the US to try to stabilize the country where violence is exploding lately. Shouldn't this be enough of a sign for us to get the hell out of their as well? Of course not we will keep pushing the time table back further and further while continue to put the added strain our economy. I am so tired of our war loving government and society in some aspects. It's time to fix our country and let the natives of Iraq fix their own...

www.truthout.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

This is going to sound anti American. I am British and totally pro USA actually, but I seriously see trouble down the line from handing over power to the US in Basra.

join