It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Says NATO Expulsions A 'Crude Provocation'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Russia Says NATO Expulsions A 'Crude Provocation'

www.alertnet.org

MOSCOW, April 30 (Reuters) - Russia said on Thursday NATO's expulsion of two Russian diplomats was a "crude provocation".

"A crude provocation has been made in relation to two employees of Russia's permanent mission to NATO on an absolutely trumped up pretext without any clear explanation," Russia's Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

"This outrageous action fundamentally contradicts statements by NATO's leadership on its readiness to normalise ties with Russia ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
" The forces behind this provocation are not interested in giving an impetus to the current trend towards improving relations," it said."

THE FORCES BEHIND...? wtf...

- Iran is a threat to entire world, Barak
- We will nuke Iran if have to, Peres
- No talks with Iran, Palestine, Syria, Lieberman

--- NATO excercise in May in Georgia, Russia very concerned
--- Swine Flu, WHO Alerts, why now?
--- Biggest joint Drill in Israel in May
--- Hezbollah warns from new Israel invasion
--- Syria peace talks cancelled
--- Obama in AIPAC next week...

... Should we be worried? - Damn right we should!

Iran has large arsenal of bioweapons, is this Swine Flu just activating counter events to very possible counter attacks after bombing nuclear stations?

I think Iran is ready to use all their arsenal to defend their country... In moment of first nuke used in Persia - we will get bio, and chem attacks all over Europe, maybe USA.

I am scared, something I have seen to be coming, its happening. - Why NATO acts against Russia now, if not making something in great secret? --- This is alarm, phase 5,5!

www.alertnet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
No, not good to make a very useful bear mad. I have no doubt that they will be an enemy in WWIII, they are just to stubborn and want to get us back for the U.S.S.R falling. Not good.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

You have to calm down my good man. Even if the thought process you are going through is reality, there is absolutely nothing that WE can do about it. The sad fact of ATS is that we are at best observers..... I wouldn't get too uptight about any of it. Life tends to be a lot more ordinary than a lot of us on here would like to believe.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain

You have to calm down my good man. Even if the thought process you are going through is reality, there is absolutely nothing that WE can do about it. The sad fact of ATS is that we are at best observers..... I wouldn't get too uptight about any of it. Life tends to be a lot more ordinary than a lot of us on here would like to believe.

Rightly so. In a previous thread, janus explained that his concerns about iran were based on the fact that he would like to go out with "persian women". Therefore, I would also like to add (to help calm him down) that those wearing a burqqa (sp?) would likely be more protected from flash burns in the event iran's policies towards other countries end up causing a nuclear exchange.

[edit on 4/30/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Forgive me if I missed it, but did NATO give a reason for the expulsion?

-E-

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

They believed the Russian's that were expelled were spies.
Hey, you never know..

[edit on 30-4-2009 by bvproductions]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
Forgive me if I missed it, but did NATO give a reason for the expulsion?

Nato ordered the expulsion of two Russian diplomats on Wednesday in retaliation for a spy scandal in which a senior Estonian official was jailed for passing on top-level secrets about the western alliance to Moscow.

One of the expelled Russians was the son of Vladimir Chizhov, Moscow’s ambassador to the European Union. Both he and the other diplomat were attached to Russia’s mission to Nato and are believed to have worked undercover as intelligence agents, alliance sources said on Wednesday night.

Russia did not immediately react to Nato’s move. But the expulsions come at a sensitive time as the US and its allies try to rebuild relations with Moscow following last summer’s war between Russia and Georgia.

www.ft.com...

Sounds like Russia's whining to me.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

"There will be a response to such steps, which Nato will learn about shortly," he warned, adding that "someone in the West strongly dislikes how relations between Russia and individual countries of Western Europe are developing"

news.bbc.co.uk...

so the response has already begun, this is warming up and for some reason it wont be the end of it. First signs should be virtual attacks but political agreements are also falling into place.

Russia will guard the borders of both regions including Abkhazia's territorial waters in the Black Sea, according to the agreement.

www.shanghaidaily.com...

[edit on 30-4-2009 by tristar]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

On the Iran issue. I am fairly confident Iran will bomb Israel first.

Youre right none of this is good. Dick Cheney has been yelling "Terrorist attack since February.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Russia takes control of rebel borders with Georgia

Russia took formal control over the de-facto borders of Georgia's rebel regions on Thursday a week before NATO military exercises in Georgia that President Dmitry Medvedev said amounted to a challenge from the West.

This is getting weird.

new topics

top topics

join