It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ONE LINE RESPONSES

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Satyr> Basically 1-liners are given if the reply doesnt merit the thread

Stuff like: LMAO or

so memebers must becareful with posts.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Yeah, but don't some comments deserve a "LMAO!"??? It's a show of appreciation for someone's humor. That's not allowed? I mean, I try to add more, but sometimes you just want to let someone know that you thought something they said was funny, right? In such cases, it sucks not to be able to communicate in such a simple manor.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
1 liners dont apply to BTS, ATS is meant to be serious this why BTS was invented.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Haha! I don't guess I'll ever really fit in here, then. I'm rarely 100% serious. Actually, I don't get along well with people who are.
I find them boring and stiff. There's always room for humor, as long as it's used tasefully and doesn't hinder your performance.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It's not that hard to expand your post guys, Post your opinion but I don't think it's a huge deal to make your post a little longer, put some thought into your posts thinking is easy, at least for me.

(I admit though I'm guilty of posting a few one liners)

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Actually, I believe that I was guilty at least once of posting a 'No-liner'

Well, a pic anyway and I didn't include any words so technically it was a No-liner.

And I agree that posts and posts of:

LMAO

etc

Are complete pains in the arse. I don't mind people including those, but only if they are included in a relevant comment.

For example :

Pisky: "Tony Blair is the worst Prime Minister we have ever had"
Poster:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the alert!

I usually hate reading long things and sometimes the information presented is not even useful or true. I think if it can be said in one line then it should be. Not that I ever post one-liners

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Satyr, I understand from where you are coming. Sometimes someone says something that requires an attaboy, no doubt. Do what I do, send them an U2U. A personal attaboy might even mean more to them than a public one, which often times comes across looking like, "Hey, everyone; I am witty enough to see tha tas funny!"

There is nothing wrong with saying a lot in one or two sentences, but wasting a post and breaking up a read with nothing at all is not good.

Now, if we can stop people from writing for hours and saying nothing!!

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
My $0.02.

I've had two warnings, and in both cases the posts in question were of the disparaging genre. I can appreciate the need to maintain the flow of a thread, and to head off a flame war, but frankly, many times, less is more.

Sometimes, however, you just have to say to some one. "You are full of it."

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Actually, I believe that I was guilty at least once of posting a 'No-liner'

Well, a pic anyway and I didn't include any words so technically it was a No-liner.

Im guilty as charged, Ive used that Tyrone Biggums pic way to much. Got to keep that for special occasions.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You are absolutely right! Keep up the good work guys!

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Now, if we can stop people from writing for hours and saying nothing!!

Now there's a useful suggestion! I hate long worded people! I don't have time to read a three page post! I'd rather read a one liner!
See? Now, if I would've sent you a U2U instead of commenting here, no one would ever know how cool I am!

[Edited on 4-26-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
LMAO!!

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Right ON

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
cool

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
crap

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by ilovepizza]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Why, I don't think I've ever seen anything so funny in my entire life. In fact, that was so funny that I think I may just have to relieve myself in place. Now wouldn't that be a shame?

CRAP? Banana?

OMGILMAOSHIASMP!!!!!!

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by OldSeer
Oh man I laughed so hard when I got one my false teeth flew out. lol

This makes you special?

Actually no I really dont know where you got that idea from? I consider myself no more special with my teeth flying out than I would with a Administrator
ATSNN.com Editor tag at the end of my name.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I cant see why you find this topic so amusing.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Maybe this will help I set up a quick forum it was free so it wasnt a problem here the guys that want to post 1 liners can and then all will be happy...

forum.wr.ca...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join