It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austrian Holocaust Denier Faces 5 Years In Jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Austrian Holocaust Denier Faces 5 Years In Jail

www.presstv.ir

Austrian writer Gerd Honsik has been found guilty by a court in Australia of "denying the Holocaust and spreading Nazi ideas".

The court in Vienna sentenced the ultra-rightist author to five years in jail on Monday.

In 1992, Honsik was given 18 months in prison for his book "Acquittal for Hitler?" but fled to Spain during the appeal proceedings. He was arrested there in 2007 and extradited to Austria.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
5 YEARS!!! - In Finland you wont get 5 years from killing someone... Just amazing. And this five can come in EU nation from asking questions from history!

... And there is lot to ask, thats my opinion after more than then years of studying WW2 history, visiting also 4 concentration camps in Poland and Germany... There is just much what doesnt fit the picture!

Damned... I wont say this guy is totally innocent, I havent read his writings - but has he kill someone with his works?

"Ask questions, demand answers - long live the truth!"

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Kind of makes one appreciate the First Amendment a bit more. It is of the utmost importance not to let political correctness take precedent over our constitutionally granted rights.

TA

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I am disguster by this as well. I am also disgusted by the guys theories but I will fight for the right he has to voice them.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
If thats their law, then he broke it and has to suffer the consequences.

Many countries have laws worse then this and we don't raise much fuss about it.

Saddam Hussien had horrific laws and punishments and when he was removed and hung for his crimes some thought he was the victim.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamSimonSam
I am disguster by this as well. I am also disgusted by the guys theories but I will fight for the right he has to voice them.

It is Austria, not the US. They don't have the same rights the Americans have.

edit to add- He was a wanted and fled the country also. So we have to take that into account

[edit on 28-4-2009 by jd140]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I wonder if he truly "denies" the holocaust or if he simply questions the number reported dead. The media are notorious for wrongfully accusing investigative journalists as flat out deniers, in the hopes of discrediting them and painting them as racists.

I remember back in high-school my english teacher would always call certain people "deniers", but in college after studying for my self, I find out that many of them were labeled as "deniers" and prosecuted for simply raising questions people are apparently uncomfortable with.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel 3
I wonder if he truly "denies" the holocaust or if he simply questions the number reported dead. The media are notorious for wrongfully accusing investigative journalists as flat out deniers, in the hopes of discrediting them and painting them as racists.

I remember back in high-school my english teacher would always call certain people "deniers", but in college after studying for my self, I find out that many of them were labeled as "deniers" and prosecuted for simply raising questions people are apparently uncomfortable with.

The article quotes him saying that he has denied the use of gas chambers unless he can verify it himself.

So I imagine that he denies anything he can't verify personally.

The question should be. What does he consider verification?

Does he have to see ashes, video, mass graves or mutilated corpses?

As far as the numbers. We will never know the actual numbers. We can only verify so many. One can argue that the number given is to high or to low of an estimate.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
While I don't agree with Holocaust Denial claims, and think they're a little out of touch with reality... I am disgusted and appalled that people are serving time for a freaking opinion!

Since when did we restart the inquisition?!

How dare we in this day and age cry heracy and jail people for thinking a certain way!

They ought to be very careful here. Persecuting people for not blindly agreeing with the history of a race can lead to only one result, renewed hatred for that race.

Idiots.

Inquisitions belong in the dark ages, not modern times.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
This is great im going to finland i just got the best ideas right now. there are different thoughts on the whole concentration camp thing never happening.
1. it just never happened (pretty lame i know) or
2. It happened but, not as many people died in them as we are told.

i think idea number one is lame. Number 2 gets interesting if you read into it. Kind of ironic though, getting arrested and jailed for speech and ideas. Is that how you fight the nazi party? People should exercise their right to not listen to people who do not know how to STFU, because when they don't someone even more retarded will help them quiet down.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Dr.Joseph]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I find the whole holocaust denial thing a little ridiculous. but if thats what they believe they are free to believe it. What i find ridiculous are the laws and actually going to jail for your beliefs. That is just wrong. It's like we ended up thousands of years ago where people were executed for thier beliefs like.... the world is round, etc...

While i agree that if people who push racist views on to people should be warned, and if thier actions continue then go to jail as racial hatred should not exist and be spread... other than that, denying hte holocaust by itself i dont view as racist, just stupidity at its very best.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The Holocaust was real, and milions of people died. This man deserves to be jailed for dishonoring their memory with his blatant lies.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Oh it's that whacky Iranian news source again, and they picked up a holocaust denier story - surprise, surprise.

If the OPs link to the original story was unaltered they also appear confused by the difference between Austria and Australia...

Austrian writer Gerd Honsik has been found guilty by a court in Australia of "denying the Holocaust and spreading Nazi ideas".

Although they now look to have fixed it in the original article.

For what it's worth, you would think these holocaust deniers would at least have the common sense to wait until all the death camp survivors have passed away before trying to peddle this BS.

PS - pay a visit to the Auschwitz museum, you'll be left in no doubt.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

That right there, what you just said, that he deserves to be jailed for his belief?...

... that's what we call fascism.

Thanks for recycling history.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
reply to post by ShadeWolf

That right there, what you just said, that he deserves to be jailed for his belief?...

... that's what we call fascism.

Thanks for recycling history.

Why are you not moaning and groaning about countries where if you show a picture of their God, then you could be put to death?

This man was origianlly sentenced to 12 months. He decided to flee the country. That is what made it a 5 year sentance. Did you and others who see this as wrong, including the OP, read the article?

Everybody griping about how this is wrong. Guess what, this isn't America. Other countries have laws that, to us, would be unconstitutional. They don't have the same rights as us.

Stop forcing your ideals on other countries. For the most part they have been around centuries longer then us and are doing fine without your help.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Why are you not moaning and groaning about countries where if you show a picture of their God, then you could be put to death?

Because those laws don't exist in my country.

... this one does. It exists across the free world.

If you want to move to one of the countries you mentioned and fight for their freedoms, be my guest.

We'll continue to work on the laws in the free world... because that's where we live.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Most people have this view on free speech - "I'm opposed to censorship, unless there's a good reason for it"

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Stop forcing your ideals on other countries. For the most part they have been around centuries longer then us and are doing fine without your help.

Nobody here is "forcing" their ideals on other countries. We're just saying we don't approve of thought crimes and we have a right to say we don't.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Gotta love how some people argue that because country X is worse at something, you have to accept the flaws in your own country.

Lets not try and continually improve our countries... of course not.

According to the logic of these geniuses, we should all be allowing our countries to degrade into third world nations because, somewhere out there, there's a country that's worse than yours!

lol.

Detraction logic isn't logic... it's lunacy.

It's like standing in front of a jury and arguing they shouldn't convict you of the manslaughter you've committed, because last week, somebody killed a family of 4, and that's worse.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Nobody is denying the holocaust...what they are denying is the official account of what happened. When you go to jail for questioning the official account then something smells really fishy.
I read somewhere that their plan for 3 world wars was hatched in the 1800's to create a catastrophe for the Jewish people as a excuse for the British to hand over the land of Palestine to the Jews...BUT it was really to hand it over to the Rothschild's. Their plan was to rebuild the temple for their coming of the Messiah which is really the Antichrist.
Funny that I just read a report that 50% of all Palestinian males have the Y chromosome of the ancient Israelite s. Meaning 50% of them are distant relatives of Jesus. Explains why they are creating a genocide of the Palastinian people.
I also read here......
Iranians and the Arabs share the same alphabet and some of the words they use are exactly the same or similar. Both call the Caspian Sea the Sea of Khazar or the Khazar Sea. Later, the much newer western languages introduced the name Caspian Sea. But the Arabic and Persian word Khazar reaches much further back into history and evokes memories of the Kingdom of Khazaria. From the early Middle Ages the Khazar captial of Itil was located in the delta region of the Volga river on the north shore of the Khazar Sea. Later the Khazars, a Turkic people who had converted to Judaism around 740 A.D., were swept up in the westward migrations that brought them to Russia, the Ukraine, Poland, Lithuania, Hungary and ultimately, Palestine.

So I guess those claiming to be Jews are really from Turkey

Explains Revelation 2:9
"I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the Synagogue of Satan."

new topics

top topics

join