It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

multirole aircraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
my friend was telling me earlier that the americans are designing an aircraft that can do everything e.g fight, bomb and hit incredible top speeds he said mach 6 or somthing. does anyone know of anything like this and do you have any links??

or have i fallen for another made up story from the local pub

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Sounds like a story to me.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
yea sounds like you fell for the goverment wouldnt do that 2 much money also if one got shot down it would be like losing more than one jet because of all the roles it had. and anyways it would be hard to cram everything it would need into the aircraft

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
i was finding it hard to believe myself. but ill listen to anything if theres a pint of stella in it for me lol

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I saw a show on History Channel last week about the history of flight or something.

They were talking about a current project for next generation military aircraft. It was eith Lockhood or Northrup but someone is developing what they are calling a "Family" of planes. WHich is a basic design that can be adapted for specific use by the marines, air force and navy.

I'm sure they have a link or info some where on History web site.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
yea i here that i guess it would be possible but it just wouldnt happen or be done

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
JSF (Joint Strike Fighter)....there are multiples of threads on this aircraft within this forum and the Weaponry forum.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
the jsf does it with 3 different versions. he was talking about an all in one thing. thinking about it now i might have a clue as to wot it might be

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
www.air-attack.com...

this might be wot he was talking about but i dunno still doesnt match the complete description

took me a while to think of that god im stupid.

but if anyone knows of anything else keep the posts coming

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by madmartinez]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
actually we were all wrong there is a rumored aircraft like the one your drinkin buddy described it is called switchblade or more commonly bird of prey check it out

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I think the Switchblade project is the aircraft in question. It's supposed to be a swing wing stealth being developed by Northrop Grumman. Before everyone gets super excited remember this: a multirole aircraft can never peform a specific mission as well as an aircraft that was custume design for that mission.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
I think the Switchblade project is the aircraft in question. It's supposed to be a swing wing stealth being developed by Northrop Grumman. Before everyone gets super excited remember this: a multirole aircraft can never peform a specific mission as well as an aircraft that was custume design for that mission.

Lets not also forget that the Switchblade hasn't fully been proven real. There is still a chance of it not existing, although I believe it does.

I think if it does exist, it will most deffenately be the next generation fighter/bomber.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
madmartinez

this link :
www.air-attack.com...
you gave us does not work

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
soz about that didnt realise it was working fine but doesnt work for me either now ????

anyway it was on the switchblade

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
well now when you click the link it says that the website is temporarily closed for maintnance.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
yup thats what i got, but it was definetly there when i posted it. i always check my links 3 or 4 times

join