It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Sensationalizing Flu Scare?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
You are right that one is a more extremist one, but hey you have to think if this is an act of god or Jesus, after all you have a forum for conspiracies in religion after all.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Definetly the best of out there, I totally agree. Blame Everything on Jesus.

What would jesus do if there were 6.9 Billion people on the planet? Release a virus as nature's way of curbing it.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Considering the population of Mexico, I would say this story is being over sensationalize IMO.

Does anybody know who is confirming the cases in Mexico? i

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

lol well I've decided to get in on the absurd theories too.

My theory is that we let miss Piggy's promiscuity run rampant for too long...it was bound to happen.

There I said it! it's hanging out there now!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

No wonder kermit is green!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chadwicks--1

Muppets--0

The ball is in their court now friend......

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
As a new-ish member myself, I can honestly say that I spent a good amount of time on this site before I officially registered. I only joined because one day I was feeling particularly fiesty about a certain subject and felt it was the appropriate time for me to post something. I do not post here very often but I'm here a great deal every day, just reading and pondering. I'm wondering if that is true with many of the other newbies in the sense that some of us just watch until something inspires us to "make it official" (so to speak).
Back to topic now
I get the feeling that I am not alone in thinking this sudden potential pandemic reeks of foul play. It doesn't feel natural to me. It feels calculated. Possibly this feeling is fueled by an attraction to conspiracy. Maybe, maybe not. In any case, it's a point of interest for a great many....and if it becomes a full blown pandemic, we're all going to be sitting around wondering what's next. Are the prophecies being fufilled, etc, etc. In this day an age, it's almost impossible not to do the proverbial "look over the shoulder". I'm pretty sure I'm not alone when I say I'm waiting for the "biggie".

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I always knew the two old guys up in the wings were the Illuminatti
images.amazon.com...

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

My theory is that we let miss Piggy's promiscuity run rampant for too long...
!

The love that dare not speak its name .

P.I Glover.

No doubt there will be a thread about tomorrow.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
I always knew the two old guys up in the wings were the Illuminatti
images.amazon.com...

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Redpillblues]
\

bwahaha the dots, they be a connectering!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
actually if anyone wants to blame a god, maybe you should think about Allah, it would only be fitting that Allah is the god who unleashed the Swine flu upon us all. Islam does warns us to stay away from the pig, maybe they were right and it wasn't only trichinosis we had to worry about.

seriously though if you were around ATS when SARS and Bird Flu were first introduced to the media, you would see that there are striking similarities to how people are reacting both online and in the media. Let's just hope this fades as quickly as the other did from the mainstream.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The entire world media is sensationalizing it, not just ATS.

Yahoo yesterday had the flu headline something about 'The Big One' that 'may kill over a million people'. How is that not pointless sensationalism?

I think ATS is doing rather well regarding this event, considering.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
To use the term 'over-reacting' would be an understatement. I suppose its only fair to let everyone have their opinion, however wild it may be, but the amount of discourse ranging from aliens and underground bases to conscious projection and complete fakery is getting out of hand. People really need to chill out... and not take any Tamiflu of course.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
My brother in law works at the Winnipeg virology lab. He's one of the top scientists there working with the swine flu samples sent from the US and Mexico. He was also one of the scientists that was sent to the Congo last year to contain an Ebola virus. He can't tell us much because of his job but he told us to stock up on enough food and water to last 2 months. He said within 2 weeks nobody will want to be anywhere near a grocery store. We took his advice seriously and went shopping the same night. We grabbed more supplies again tonight so we're good to go.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
No its not ATS, it is Twitter that is sensationalizing this.

www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- The swine flu outbreak is spawning debate about how people get information during health emergencies -- especially at a time when news sources are becoming less centralized.

Some observers say Twitter -- a micro-blogging site where users post 140-character messages -- has become a hotbed of unnecessary hype and misinformation about the outbreak, which is thought to have claimed more than 100 lives in Mexico.

"This is a good example of why [Twitter is] headed in that wrong direction, because it's just propagating fear amongst people as opposed to seeking actual solutions or key information," said Brennon Slattery, a contributing writer for PC World. "The swine flu thing came really at the crux of a media revolution."

In other words... Don't trust the information on twitter you fools... ONLY the MSM can inform you properly.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

It's nearly impossible to actually see what is actually going on from the rubbish that is posted.

It's doing my head in.

and was why i chose to retire to BTS for the evening, i recommend it

now nicely chilled out

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

My theory is that we let miss Piggy's promiscuity run rampant for too long...it was bound to happen.

So instead of being a swine/avian/human virus it's a swine/frog/human one?
Kermit might have something to say about you talking down on his woman.

On a more serious note, ATS is composed of the members of the site. Sometimes they light the torches and grab the pitchforks and try to run a monster to ground. When that happens I get the hell out of their way. A man dies slow when he's hoisted into the air at the end of a pitchfork and set on fire.

Sometimes you just have to let the members run with it.

This is just my humble opinion,

wupy

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
i do indeed plan on having hysterical dreams this evening...
All Hail Miss Piggy !!!!

Thanks everyone !!!

Peace...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Kudos to the mods for at least quarantining the ridiculous swine flu threads in their own forum. Star and flag for this thread for exposing the inherent weakness of ATS paranoia.

Now if I could only figure out how to customize "myATS" to block certain forums.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
humans get a kick out of near-death situations, especially if the death is not of oneself (like horror movies, police shows, roller coasters). so for many it's exciting to post doomsday all over the net. others are mentally predisposed to be constantly afraid and feel better when they can frighten or share their fear and receive approval.

if course not being scared at all is not good either. being informed is key i think. i did not stop eating chicken when the bird flu came by, veal when mad cow arrived, or veggies and fruits when salmonella arose. i didn't stop eating fish because of mercury and i won't stop eating pork if i'm in the mood for it. but i will make sure i keep a closer watch on my surroundings and avoid tracing the steps of someone who coughs violently in the grocery store or at work. and of course wash my hands as i always do, use one Kleenex each time i sneeze and dispose of it. just common sense measures right?

we're living in a hyper-informational society where not even torture is shocking anymore and each news cycle gets shorter. i bet by next week we'll be hearing a completely different "shocking" story both here on the intertubes and on the TV boxes...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join