It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cure? - The Future? - IMPORTANT

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
you guys continue to waste time on this. YOU ARE BEING MANIPULATED.

World markets rally as swine flu fears diminish
World markets rally as swine flu fears diminish, better than expected US economic data

* Pan Pylas, AP Business Writer
* On Wednesday April 29, 2009, 5:43 am EDT

Buzz up!
* Print

LONDON (AP) -- World stock markets rallied Wednesday after better-than-expected U.S. data fueled hopes that the world's largest economy was showing tentative signs a recovery is imminent and fears faded -- for now -- over the economic impact of a possible swine flu pandemic.

After two days of declines, the main Asian and European markets posted broad-based gains, with airline stocks -- slammed in recent days amid worries about the disease's toll on travel -- up sharply.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I have known and been told all my life that your body gets a fever to fight off infection, that is not a new theory.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This reminds me on a little story i have heard about The fastfood industry
more specific "Jack in the box".

What they did was serving whole cows just rapidly produced and
disinfected with UV-light.
The tricky thing was they didn't concern enough to clean the dirty excrements from the cattle out of their intestine and were processed into a blender. So when u were served a hamburger it was total harmless burger, but it was still excrements which were served mixed with the meat.

If it kills bacteria it might probably allso have a damaging effect on other living creatures.
An overdose UV arouses cancer , and gives your skin a red rash.

Disinfecting purpose it might have its cause.
Killing the bacteria , but consider that there has to be a balance.
The ozone layer blocks most of the uv light, their is probable a connection with life and the quantity uv on this planet.

And how long would it take to disinfect, kill a flu bacteria.
My concern is that when an infected persons coughs when you are talking and u sniph the bacteria up the uv light can't do that much damage to it.

How long can bacteria's ans viruses survive without a host?
Can it float in the air, can it travel trough water?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This reminds me on a little story i have heard about The fastfood industry
more specific "Jack in the box".

What they did was serving whole cows just rapidly produced and
disinfected with UV-light.
The tricky thing was they didn't concern enough to clean the dirty excrements from the cattle out of their intestine and were processed into a blender. So when u were served a hamburger it was total harmless burger, but it was still excrements which were served mixed with the meat.

If it kills bacteria it might probably allso have a damaging effect on other living creatures.
An overdose UV arouses cancer , and gives your skin a red rash.

Disinfecting purpose it might have its cause.
Killing the bacteria , but consider that there has to be a balance.
The ozone layer blocks most of the uv light, their is probable a connection with life and the quantity uv on this planet.

And how long would it take to disinfect, kill a flu bacteria.
My concern is that when an infected persons coughs when you are talking and u sniph the bacteria up the uv light can't do that much damage to it.

How long can bacteria's ans viruses survive without a host?
Can it float in the air, can it travel trough water?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sober

Flu is not caused by a baceteria but rather a virus. I think the major difference between the two is that bacteria are living organisms that can reproduce on their on while a virus cannot replicate itself on its own and needs a host.

Some bacteria and virus can survive in the air and through water.

We have to remember that a virus' only purpose is to make more copies of itself.... by whatever means possible.

I think that it's improbable to use UV radiation to kill these things because of the damage it also will create towards us.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by win 52

Blue Bloods are a result of over exposure to silver through all the utensils. If you do research on it you will find the acient Greeks lined their storage pots with it to keep their grain from spoiling. Pioneers used to put a silver coin in milk to keep it for weeks at room temp. They would put their silverware in the water barrel outside to keep the water fresh and parasites out. Misquitos will not lay eggs in water that has silver in it.

The Coloidal Silver bought in health food stores is high concentration stuff. the homemade is far less, so I will never turn color even doing it everyday. There were 2 women both diagnosed with breast cancer, they both did silver for 4 months before they went back in to get checked for surgery, the cancer was gone. There are many more good results like that all over the web. It is huge in central Europe.

I have many friends using it now and they are far more happy than they have ever been.

Daryl Tichy developed the exclusive colloidal silver formulation that was tested by the UCLA Medical Testing Laboratory in 1992. Widely published, the results of the 1992 UCLA study showed conclusively that Daryl Tichy's exclusive formulation of colloidal silver was universally the most powerful antibiotic in existence.
Many, if not most, colloidal silver vendors claim Daryl Tichy's UCLA test results as their own, which is false.

And there are so many more universities that have studied this. The Pharmicutical companies would go broke if everyone started using it. If used correctly and in moderation it works.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

I believe "Blue Bloods" got their name because of the actual look of their natural blood color. Their skin was so white that they can see their veins which appear to be blue/purple, and they were the original people to figure out that our blood changes from blue/purple to red because of oxygen.

None of it has to do with silver. Nice try though...

See my "blue blood"?

I think maybe people with RH negative blood types have more than normal blue looking blood. Not sure, haven't tested it.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by 0nce 0nce]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Nice theory but you have it a bit backwards. UV light kills viruses in the atmosphere, not in the human body. It doesn't spread as easily in the summer because it spreads via airborne particles, which are more easily destroyed by UV light in the summer.

But by all means go outside anyway, its definitely good for you!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I live in NE Pennsylvania, and one year my Dad caught some awful cold/flu right at the end of our dark, dreary, and freezing cold October, a day before our trip to Florida. Coughing, sneezing, runny nose, fever, aching, a mess. We thought of cancelling, but he's an ex-military man - therefore pretty tough
We arrived in Orlando on a Saturday night. He sat in the sun all day Sunday by a pool (85-90 degrees, bright sun) and by Monday afternoon he was completely cured of whatever virus he had. No medication, no herbal treatments, no vitamins, just drank a little extra water. So yeah, I believe in the power of the Sun and its UV rays. Matter of fact, my family's believe is "sunlight kills germs."

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by themamayada

thank you for sharing that account mamayada. I also believe in the healing power of the sun.......... and the sea. I happen to be fortunate enough to live where the seas are unpolluted. The past few times I've contracted a flu, I've caught it from my Bride, who works around people in a healthcare setting. It's very difficult for a couple to not pass it to each other. We both take sun, fluids, and I myself bundle up to assist my body in increasing its temperature to burn the little devils out. Of course, my darlin' insist upon measuring my fever to make certain it doesn't go dangerously high. I usually get a flu once a year, and get over it quickly.

The sea........ there's something about it. I've hypothesized t hat perhaps it's akin to a giant battery, and when you get in it, you get a little transferrance. I don't know. I do feel strongly that soaking in warm seawater is magnificently beneficial to general health.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I feel the need to comment on this thread as a second year med science student (translation: I'm well on the way to being the guy that researches vaccines etc)

One poster I've seen has already mentioned the benefits of Vitamin D in relation to the immune system. Components of sunlight including UV are important factors in stimulating Vitamin D production. Vitamin D is also responsible in large for regulating calcium and phosphorous activity in your body.

The OP's theory that spending time in a tanning bed will provide you some sort of defense against bacteria/viruses is nothing short of ludicrous. UV spectrum is both absorbed by the upper layers of your skin, and reflected. This is a certain wavelength of light ladies and gents, not a chemical that may be absorbed in to the blood stream. This is why long exposure to UV will lead to burns of the skin, not to tissue deeper inside of you. Once infected, you are infected well beyond the reach of UV radiation.

Now, whilst it is true that ultraviolet radiation can damage, disable and destroy viruses I must also point out that because the radiation is only felt by the upper layers of skin that it will have no curing or vaccinating properties. There have been studies done on the curing properties of UV, and perhaps the most compelling to date is the expedition of recovery by UV treatment of herpes related outbreaks. Note here however, that the active virus exists in the upper dermal layers. This will not provide a full cure, since the virus is also embedded in much deeper tissues.

Side note: I might also like to point out the difference between a virus and bacteria. Viruses are neither alive, nor dead. They hold a rather peculiar place as they are unable to replicate on their own, yet once introduced to a host they replicate more or less freely.
Bacteria on the otherhand are very much alive. There are many seperate types of bacteria, more than I can or will go in to in a single post, however they respond differently to UV for different reasons than a virus.
If you wish to make an intelligent argument do not confuse the two of them, else you will look the fool.

To the OP: You have provided postfodder. Please complete intelligent research in the future, not all your answers may be found on google. If you really wish to begin drawing practical and intelligent conclusions please try looking at peer reviewed scholarly articles rather than half baked news sources.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by anakaine]

[edit on 30-4-2009 by anakaine]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by anakaine
The OP's theory that spending time in a tanning bed will provide you some sort of defense against bacteria/viruses is nothing short of ludicrous.

Actually my theory was based around the FACT that sweat from your body may carry the virus. While laying in the Sun, or in a tanning bed, you will sweat. Once the sweat reaches the surface of your skin, it is then in contact with the UV light. UV light is in FACT known to purify water from viruses.

My theory was also based around knowledge about the healing powers of solar radiation. It is ludicrous to think the Sun only emits visible light, and other light in the spectrum, when in fact the Sun is emitting multiple types of radiation, including radiation that has not yet been detected or measured by scientists.

Do you know anything about neutrinos? I don't think so.

Originally posted by anakaine
To the OP: You have provided postfodder. Please complete intelligent research in the future, not all your answers may be found on google. If you really wish to begin drawing practical and intelligent conclusions please try looking at peer reviewed scholarly articles rather than half baked news sources.

Maybe you should have read the title of my thread first.

The Cure? The Future?

Notice the question marks. The point of this thread was to stimulate ideas of curing the flu with UV light. It was also aimed at retaining more information, and maybe uncovering information for the FUTURE.

Everything that you blindly parroted in your post above, I have already read about on the internet believe it or not. So your post is much more ludicrous than mine.

Viruses need a host, because viruses need energy to survive. Of course, too much of anything is harmful. Not only for you, but, for viruses as well.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It was once ludicrous to think that scotch tape emits x-rays.

It was once ludicrous to think radiation therapy could help cancer.

It was once ludicrous to think UV light could purify water, but they do it all the time....

Why do you think it is ludicrous that IN THE FUTURE, UV light will help cure illness?

---

And for the record anakaine, the only reason I post any links to other web pages, is to have SOME sort of support for what I say. Unlike you, I post what I have to say, and they support it with information that can be found on the internet with google. I DO NOT read first, and they make my posts based off of what I read. I post first, with information from my brain, and then I search for anything that will support what I say.

Makes a big difference, it means I am not a parrot.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Many thanks for sharing this theory, I find it very interesting and in some part true.
Maybe because I survive with solar power system.

Cheers Gabby.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join