It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former head of CDC Resigned Just THREE Months Before Swine flu, after 6 1/2 years in Job.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I was reading about Swine flu on ABC when something struck me.

Richard E. Besser, MD is the ACTING Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Acting Administrator, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry.

www.cdc.gov...

It seems that Julie Gerberding, M.D., M.P.H. resigned on 20th January, 2009.

Wait a minute, she is an expert on infectious disease and is in a job for nearly six and a half years, and resigns three months before a new SWINE/AVIAN/HUMAN flu comes on the scene.

Apparently she had been under fire for a while but I really don't believe in coincidences of that magnitude.

Seems to me she knew it was going to kick off and got out just in time!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Hm...noone else find this a strange coincidence?

Lol! I must be a crazy conspiracy theorist!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is a very interesting part of the emerging story and well worth further investigation-it seems that Dr John Howard was universally respected in the field of worker safety and his being gotten rid of baffled those in the field because he had been a success at NIOSH.

Check out these links:

en.wikipedia.org...
thepumphandle.wordpress.com...
ohsonline.com...

Political machinations were apparently behind his lack of re-appointment. But to what end?
I'm thinking somebody needed to be placed there who was "in on" what we are seeing manifest re the big pandemic roll out. It seems that Gerberding was one such strategically placed someone, she did her damage and got out. Reminds me of Rummy...remember how they got rid of him after the natives became restless when no WMD were found?
His Tammy-flu connection is something else to throw at the wall and see stick.

We can't let them get away with it again.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

Just gonna try and find who replaced Dr Howard, will see what I can turn up!

Kiwifoot

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Nothing in Gerberdine's background looked iffy to me -she's obviously accomplished and well connected, in a lot of fancy sounding professional orgs, but that's just her wiki bio.

John Howard's replacement is a great place to start. Let's see...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

I think this lady is the 'acting' replacement, she's so boring she has to be a "yes" man(woman).

Christine Branche, PhD

www.cdc.gov...

Christine M. Branche, Ph.D., is the Acting Director of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). Previously, she served as the Principal Associate Director of NIOSH. In that capacity, she ensured coordination within the Office of the Director of NIOSH and between the Office of the Director and Institute divisions, laboratories and regional offices. She also represented NIOSH among its stakeholders and customers.

Dr. Branche began her career at CDC as an Epidemic Intelligence Service Officer in the U.S. Public Health Service in the Division of Injury Epidemiology and Control. From 1996 to 2007, Dr. Branche was the Director of the Division of Unintentional Injury Prevention (DUIP) in the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control and was responsible for managing the mission of DUIP. She has done extensive work in this field, including work to prevent drowning and injuries related to water recreation, fire, motor vehicles, and sports and recreation.

Her scientific investigations include fatal and nonfatal drowning in adults and children; personal watercraft, boating, and spinal-cord injuries related to water recreation; and falls among adults and construction workers. She has authored several scientific publications, including many that uncover new problems in injury control.

Dr. Branche has provided technical consultation to many U.S. and international organizations, including the American Red Cross, the U.S. Department of Defense, the National Football League, and the International Consumer Product Health and Safety Organization.

Dr. Branche received her B.A. in biology from the University of Rochester in New York and her M.S.P.H. and Ph.D. in epidemiology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC), using topics in occupational safety and health as her graduate research. During her coursework at UNC, she was a National Science Foundation Fellow. While completing her Ph.D., she worked as an Epidemiology Research Associate at Burroughs Wellcome Company (now GlaxoSmithKline), where she gained expertise in pharmaco-epidemiology. At CDC, Dr. Branche has received numerous awards for her research and leadership.

Dr. Branche is a Public Health Leadership Institute scholar. She serves on the Fire Council of Underwriters Laboratory, and she previously served on the advisory boards for the International Association of Firefighters, and CPWR—The Center for Construction Research and Training, and the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute.

What do you reckon?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

I'm starting to think this: Gerberding knew what was on the horizon, maybe she didn't agree with it, I sumise Howard agreed with her, but they knew they couldn't both resign. So she fired him knowing there would be a backlash, and both of them could disassociate themsleves from the CDC.

Long shot I know, but possible?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It's really not just the CDC. Remember back in November when this was hailed as possibly one of the most professional and orderly transitions ever?

www.politico.com...

The Obama administration declared a “public health emergency” Sunday to confront the swine flu — but is heading into its first medical outbreak without a secretary of Health and Human Services or appointees in any of the department’s 19 key posts.

President Barack Obama has not yet chosen a surgeon general or the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. His choice to run the Food and Drug Administration awaits confirmation.

In an unusual Sunday briefing at the White House, acting CDC Director Richard Besser appeared on camera with Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and Obama homeland security adviser John Brennan to announce the emergency declaration in response to the swine flu outbreak.

The Treasury Department has vacant key positions as well. So a far as I'm concerned, Obama is 0 for 2 on crisis management since 01.20.09. But he sure is handsome and he has a beautiful and charming family...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
it is very odd that Ms Branch is listed on NIOSH letterhead as "EXECUTIVE SECRETARY" April 30, 2008...how does an executive secretary get an acting directorship??

74.125.47.132...:rPTOweNHcEoJ:www.cdc.gov/niosh/ocas/pdfs/abrwh/secrecs/snllbdrec.pdf+christine+branch+phd&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us &client=firefox-a

This will take you to a link to a pdf at the top of the page, sorry don't know how to imbed pdf files....at the bottom left see her name, must be her...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
It's really not just the CDC. Remember back in November when this was hailed as possibly one of the most professional and orderly transitions ever?

www.politico.com...

The Obama administration declared a “public health emergency” Sunday to confront the swine flu — but is heading into its first medical outbreak without a secretary of Health and Human Services or appointees in any of the department’s 19 key posts.

President Barack Obama has not yet chosen a surgeon general or the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. His choice to run the Food and Drug Administration awaits confirmation.

In an unusual Sunday briefing at the White House, acting CDC Director Richard Besser appeared on camera with Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and Obama homeland security adviser John Brennan to announce the emergency declaration in response to the swine flu outbreak.

The Treasury Department has vacant key positions as well. So a far as I'm concerned, Obama is 0 for 2 on crisis management since 01.20.09. But he sure is handsome and he has a beautiful and charming family...

You're right, and good find on the link, how did I think that I was the only one that noticed!??

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

I know we're onto something here. Will keep digging and try and come with something tomorrow. Gotta call it a night here in the UK.

I'm sure it is too great a coincidence that this lady quit three months before this new Flu outbreak. I know it!

Peace!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The previous director (a Bush appointee) resigned effective the day Obama was sworn in.
The new appointee is being blocked by republicans (according to what I hear) because of her view on abortion.

Sounds like business as usual.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
reply to post by Pilot

I know we're onto something here. Will keep digging and try and come with something tomorrow. Gotta call it a night here in the UK.

I'm sure it is too great a coincidence that this lady quit three months before this new Flu outbreak. I know it!

Peace!

OK kiwi, we will keep digging and you should have a nice read in the morning.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Christine's bio is misleading look at this :

Christine M. Branche, Ph.D., is the Acting Director of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). Previously, she served as the Principal Associate Director of NIOSH. In that capacity, she ensured coordination within the Office of the Director of NIOSH and between the Office of the Director and Institute divisions, laboratories and regional offices. She also represented NIOSH among its stakeholders and customers.

Dr. Branche began her career at CDC as an Epidemic Intelligence Service Officer in the U.S. Public Health Service in the Division of Injury Epidemiology and Control. From 1996 to 2007, Dr. Branche was the Director of the Division of Unintentional Injury Prevention (DUIP) in the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control and was responsible for managing the mission of DUIP. She has done extensive work in this field, including work to prevent drowning and injuries related to water recreation, fire, motor vehicles, and sports and recreation.

OK, now where does her tenure as executive secretary fit in to the above timeline??

This is freaky, she is a "principal associate director" then executive secretary in April 2008?? I just don't get it.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Pilot]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Pilot

I'm starting to think this: Gerberding knew what was on the horizon, maybe she didn't agree with it, I sumise Howard agreed with her, but they knew they couldn't both resign. So she fired him knowing there would be a backlash, and both of them could disassociate themsleves from the CDC.

Well, this may be true but I think we can at this point hold off on speculation and just see where the trail leads re the very odd career of Christine Branch PhD-she is in it now-Howard and Garberdine are gone-what they did is important but what was the rationale behind the appointment of Ms Branch to the post and the timing of such??

Did Garberdine appoint her??

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimstad
The previous director (a Bush appointee) resigned effective the day Obama was sworn in.
The new appointee is being blocked by republicans (according to what I hear) because of her view on abortion.

Sounds like business as usual.

do you any details on that?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
OK here is a mini timeline:

Letter with Christine Branch phD listed as "executive secretary" April 2008
John Howard end of tenure as director of NIOSH July 5 2008
Christine Branch introduced as acting director of NIOSH July 24th 2008

I wish we could get a little info from John Howard about now.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Pilot

I think you might be right about that, Gerberding was referenced in a talk by Deagle re the flu in 2006 at the grenada forum, she is apparently in on it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if we tried to email John Howard and ask?

Wonder if we could find his info?

top topics

join