It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barak: Iran Is A Threat To Entire World

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Barak: Iran Is A Threat To Entire World

www.jpost.com

While stressing that Israel is not under any existential threat, Defense Minister Ehud Barak on Monday noted that Iran is a central threat not only to the Jewish state but to the entire world.

"We are not under any existential threat, I don't see anyone who would try to destroy our country," Barak said in an interview with Channel 2," But Iran is a central threat to Israel both because of the their pursuit of nuclear weapons and because they support Hamas and Hizbullah."

"Iran is a threat..."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
WoW - Overlook to Israeli media gives a damn black picture where these all bad news can be related... Its all about war - coming fast. Just look at Jerusalem Post headlines --- When other world is thinking about pandemic - Israel is attacking Syria and Iran...

I wonder why they have been so less interested about Swine Flu from beginning in their media? - Is there a scripted campaign going on?

World has to suffer - to Israel getting their goals? ... I just wonder.

President Peres: We do not want war, but if forced, we will win
www.jpost.com...

After Lieberman remarks, Assad repeats Syria demand for Golan
www.haaretz.com...

Barak 'disturbed' by Syria-Turkey drill
www.jpost.com...

Israel honors fallen IDF soldiers, terror victims
www.haaretz.com...

Peres: Be on the right side, our side
www.ynetnews.com...

... Aint that a chorus for coming war? --- You bet!

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yep, i'm just waiting to hear the tv say "The threat level has been raised". Continually, until, It comes on, and we see bombs going off everywhere in Iran.

It will feel like a major Deja Vu.

If this happened, I wonder if american people will be upset or not, just saying, could they blame it on Bush somehow?
Probably.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
blah blah blah. be affraid !!!! this is crap.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Sure, Bush started it... it has to be HIS fault, just as all of the wolrd's current problems. He's to blame. followed closely by Chaney, in the Department of Responsibility...

Bring it on...mission accomplished... good job_______!

Hopefully, a war will not come about, it would be devastating to those involved.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If i were going to blame anyone i would blame Kennedy for this one. For whatever reason he said that we would not trade with Iran as long as they are commies. If we had been trading with them this whole time do you think that we would be in this mess with Iran?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
When I saw the title, I said "What Barack loves Iran, why would he talk badly about them?" Then I clicked on the link and returned to reality. Seriously though, Iran is dangerous. Didn't their ship carrying arms to Syria just get torpedoed?

-E-

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

"We are not under any existential threat; I don't see anyone who would try to destroy our country,"

Did he just admit that Iran would not, in fact, try to destroy Israel as some warmongers would have us believe?

Iran, he said, was "a threat to the entire world, as it is interested in changing the entire international order and is a source of instability in the Middle East and throughout the world."

So the real threat Iran poses is to the established international order. One of the 'lesser' nations trying to rise up the ranks and rebel against the masters. Is this instability he fears so much really just the potential to disturb the status quo and loosen the iron grip that the established powers have used to rule the world over the centuries?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Barak, you know what's a threat to the entire world? Warmongerer like you.

Israel, STFU with your warmongering. We know you want to go in Iran... you even hinted end of june, early july this year.

Warmongerers, they should be put in jail.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Oh, when I first looked at this, I thought it was about Barack - as in obama ...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Obama will only go to war with Iran if his teleprompter tells him to.

The Israeli's respected Bush enough to ask for permission to strike Iran. Bush told them no. I wonder if they have the same kind of respect for Mr. Obama?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Why can't we just all live in peace..... I mean if we could cancel these rules of religion were Iran believes they "must" bring about the apocalypse, and all this other bs. I think we could.

C'mon I want funding for science research not the deaths of millions. Ugh, when world peace comes along, I doubt my Great to the tenth power kids will even be alive.

Plus alot of people are afraid if world peace comes about, God will be mad, and whoever does it will be named the anti christ, and uproars will go off, when it doesn't have to be like that.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
My heart bleeds, while I think of this....
BUT I specifically heard of this event to come for atleast 2 years now, so it's not as if we didn't see it coming....
It is kinda weird, but every Government Conspiracy-theory i've heard, no matter how different it may be, always involved a war in Iran.....how can this be?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

no ship got torpedo`d they made it up.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Iran says that Israel should be wiped off the map and you all twiddle your anti-semitic thumbs.

Israel says that Iran is a threat and you're all jumping up to yell "warmonger !!".

Do you people seriously believe that a nuclear armed Iran poses no threat to Israel?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Someone who was involved in the arms industry talks about how somebody else is a threat to the world...

Ehud Barak should only speak for those who put him where he is , and not for the entire world.

I personally don't feel threatened at all , in any way, by Iran . Other threats are much more obvious and materialize as day goes by

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by charlie_the_loafer

Small arms aren't a problem in themselves.

Have you ever seen a terrorist using a Heckler and Koch weapon?

The arms industry is demonised by flower-power loonies for no reason... they should instead be campaigning for tougher regs on ex-soviet block countries, and china- where the majority of cheap small arms are produced and sold to rogue states and groups.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
reply to post by charlie_the_loafer

Small arms aren't a problem in themselves.

Have you ever seen a terrorist using a Heckler and Koch weapon?

The arms industry is demonised by flower-power loonies for no reason... they should instead be campaigning for tougher regs on ex-soviet block countries, and china- where the majority of cheap small arms are produced and sold to rogue states and groups.

What terrorists use , in their mind, they have a reason for using it, everybody interprets that reason the way he wants to, you in a way, me in another way and so on. I think i managed to make myself understood.

And the days when eastern and southern europe was a place from where arms left all over the world are long gone my friend.
You shouldn't believe all the documentaries you see on TV...

And until proven otherwise Russia , China, and all of eastern and southern europe are minding their own business , none of them is coming out warning the entire planet on how another country is a threat, i believe that just 2 countries are well known for doing that , one is Israel, as this topic is about this, and you name the other one...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Obama will only go to war with Iran if his teleprompter tells him to
that is so funny, I wonder if we will ever have a pres that can speak from the heart. but back on subject israel will attack Iran....sometime in the future, who knows when but them ...just my opinion

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyrytyes
Hopefully, a war will not come about, it would be devastating to those involved.

Speaking of devastation, you remember how since WW1 civilian deaths have become a major proportion of war casualties. I can't remember the specific numbers but it's simply inhuman.

Iran isn't a threat, I remember Ron Paul talking about how they aren't likely to have a single nuclear weapon in a decade. And even then, what are they gonna do with it? Around the world there are countries with immense Nuclear stockpiles who'll not hesitate to use them in retaliation. It'd be like throwing a stone at a Abrams Tank. The only thing that would happen is that Iran would get blown away so why the hells would they do anything?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join