It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ever happened to the MIB's?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
MIB - Men in Black - most definitely not the kind portrayed by Will Smith et al in the films, but the "real" and most definitekly sinister variety.

Where did they go?

As a young UFO researcher, the MIB's fascinated me, because they seemed to tie into a very unusual phenomena associated with UFO's, that of tying into public conciousness.

Over the years, UFO's have been associated with differing things. from Ezekials wheel, through to Dragons, Airships, ghost rockets and the archetypal flying saucer to the modern day flying triangle - all linked to the thing at the forefront of what we humans at the time think might be possible, or in vogue. It even extended to the potential aliens themselves, be they giants, eleves, pixies, goblins, arayan "supermen/women", "spacemen",robots and the current vogue of greys/reptilians.

Indeed, its possible that what has been encountered is simply so far beyond the realms of our comprehension that we, ourselves simply substitute a more acceptable form of image into our minds to explain it, but my pet theory is that those uimages are projected in order to acheive a common mythos.

MIB's - or at least the classic MIB's fit into that category as well, often moulded on the archetypal McCarthyst business suited "secret service" type, arriving in black government cadillacs, but acting in a bizarre manner, and knowing an awful lot about the individual they targetted and what they had seen when such knowledge wasn't necessarily public.

BUT, since messers Smith/Jones et al produced their movies its like the "branding" has changed, because MIB's weren't projected as "sinister" in those films. I've not seen (and admittedly I may be looking in the wrong places!) an MIB report for a good long time, so I'm wondering - did we - by absorbing the idea of a "friendly" MIB inadvertently "slay" the concious image?

And if so, whats replaced it?

I'm interested in MIB encounters and stories, and would love to hear peoples thoughts and possible experiences with the subject and on my theory.....

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I think once i read something about some MIBs actually being aliens. I have no idea what sort, just that the way they cover up almost all of there body, with the glasses and the suit, the smart Cadillac. That would explain funny actions etc.

I think i also read a witness case maybe, and she said that when she saw a pair (in most reports they're in pairs) and she said they have a strange red "tint" either from their glasses, or eyes.

The Roswell report was interesting, since apparently there were alot of "Men in black suits and shade" looking all professional.

They seem to have died down now, not so many "visits" as the 60s or around that.

They're pretty old school now.

S&F for you.

Jacob

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacobNH
They seem to have died down now, not so many "visits" as the 60s or around that.

Thats my point in a nutshell. Where did they go, and - more interestingly - why did they go?

Were they government spooks, or were they actually aliens? I they were alien, why have they changed their MO?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Assuming they were actual 'gov't agents' (using the term very loosely here) I'd also have to assume that they progressed in their techniques/processes as the world progressed. Maybe they found it was far more efficient/successful to blend in and use surveillance techniques instead of wearing all black, driving black cars, etc and generally standing out like a soar thumb.

I've read some acc'ts of MIB, and if any of those acc'ts are true, then I don't think they're from anywhere around this neck of the woods, if you catch my drift. I've also read that they are not necessarily 'McCarthy' like, just... weird. (One ate a cigeratte that was offered to him, if you can believe it.)

Perhaps it is 'them' doing more social experiments? Who knows.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

More interesting theories have come along i think.
People moved on to the next "fad" and forgot all about MIB's.

It moved on to abductions...and then to Aliens taking the form of humans and living amongst us and then to them being all of our world leaders...

Let's see where is goes next eh?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Ahh yeah,
Thats the big one.
Why?

I don't have much to say to it now, as im not too familar with MIBs as other subjects, ill do abit of research, and stay around for the show, see what others have to say.

Jacob

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flux8

I've read some acc'ts of MIB, and if any of those acc'ts are true, then I don't think they're from anywhere around this neck of the woods, if you catch my drift. I've also read that they are not necessarily 'McCarthy' like, just... weird. (One ate a cigeratte that was offered to him, if you can believe it.)

Perhaps it is 'them' doing more social experiments? Who knows.

Haha,

He ate a cigarette.

Well if thats true that sorta proves they're not particularly "normal" or they just dont get out that much.

But i see your point too, maybe they found the closest mall, and got some clothes that don't make stick out.
Bit obvious isn't it?

Jacob

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

The "MIB" are still around.

I hope you didn't think that absolutely everyone outside your door is from where you think they are from??

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

But the MIB's weren't just "outside the door" were they? They came knocknig on it.

They knew details, usually about witnesses and their families. They made direct threats (although oddly they never actually seemed to carry them out), and they came and went in the most unusual and interesting manner.

Aimless people wandering about is not the same. Wheres the intended effect that the MIB had?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Back then maybe people were more vulnerable to believing UFO claims , so the government hired a group of MIBs to go around and freak out or scare off anyone who had witnessed one , i think the MIB's were trying to get a reaction out of the people they were visiting , possibly checking for signs of human emotions. The MiB's thought the people who spoke out about seeing UFOs might be aliens or alien hybrids. Maybe they were right. So yeah , reactions and human emotion tests.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
well if they are real.....

I'm guessing there is little need for them anymore. With the ever increasing information haven that is the internet, it would be a lot harder for them to keep sightings and related things under wraps by simply going to a persons house and dishing out the scare tactics....

If anything they are there but working behind the scenes filtering through forums and emailsl lol

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
You see , an alien watching someone eat a container of hair gel , wouldn't even break a smile. A human would have a look of shock and disbelief.
Aliens might not be familiar with a lot of our items and not know how to react

Edit - Where have they gone ? Maybe they have more information about Aliens now and they know exactly where they are. They would be around still , just behind the scenes like meatloaf at a ballet

[edit on 27/4/2009 by nasacarl]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Hello,

I always thought that the MIB were part of Majestic-12?
Like a smaller branch, a unit that went out into the field ... eating cigarettes

Majestic 12 is the purported code name of a secret committee of scientists, military leaders, and government officials, supposedly formed in 1947 by an executive order of U.S. President Harry S. Truman. The purpose of the committee was to investigate UFO activity in the aftermath of the Roswell incident - the purported crash of an alien spaceship near Roswell, New Mexico, in July 1947. This alleged committee is an important part of the UFO conspiracy theory of an ongoing government cover up of UFO information.

However, if the poster above is correct that MIB were there AT Roswell, then that would mean that they cannot be a branch of MJ12 because MJ12 came after Roswell ...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I don't know if MIB actually existed or not? Its just strange that we know who were in groups like MJ12, yet, we haven't heard of any accounts of people being an MIB agent. Do any of you have some info on MIBs? I've never even tried to research them.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Here's a bit of info for those who aren't familiar with your friendly neighborhood MiB...

www.theblackvault.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I haven't yet heard that MIB types have stopped existing.

If they have, perhaps public awareness of Men In Black types from shows like the X-Files and movies like MIB and The Matrix have created a change of course for those that clamp down on civilian evidence. Instead of agents threatening people perhaps now crimes or accidents are staged like burglaries, murders, and vehicular problems that appear unrelated but produce the same effect of eliminating evidence and silencing witnesses. The publicly conscious image of MIBs would then be gone from any measures taken to maintain the conspiracy.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Frith]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
they've pulled up all the tent stakes.. theres no need for them anymore. the work they were protecting back then was completed in the early 90s.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Dan Akroyd, Brittney Spears and the MIB! You guys gotta see this! I guess there still around after all.www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
They made direct threats (although oddly they never actually seemed to carry them out), and they came and went in the most unusual and interesting manner.

Perhaps the reason we don't hear much about them anymore is because they have started to make good on their threats, and consequently the witnesses aren't around to report their encounters?

I wonder if the MIB are in some what connected to the Black Helicopter phenonemum? I'm sure I remember at least one farmer stating on record that he saw MIB leaving the scene of a cattle mutilation in a black helicopter. Come to think of it black helicopter reports seem to be down as well, I wonder if there is a correlation?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by sonicology]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Anyone ever see the movie Shadowmen? I thnk that was the name of it, its a movie about MIBs, its kind of old though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join