It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney reused the same elements for different movies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Perhaps it is you that should get a life and come out of the box you live in. For young black girls there are very few characters that look like them. My granddaughter is only 1/4 white and her room has been done in the Disney Princess motif and how interesting that not one of the beautiful princesses looks at all like her. Jasmine is the closest, but she is not black.

I just find it sad that the very first time Disney comes into the present and has a black heroine that her prince is not a black man. Regardless of your opinion these things do make an impression on a child.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

That's a good point, I wonder if Disney pays itself royalties for re-adapting old movies

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Not that I am a fan of Disney, but every single cartoon that came along before the computer generation(so to speak) did this. You can watch ANY old cartoon, scoobie doo for instance, and see them passing the same backdrop over and over.

It's par for the course, and it isn't sinister.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Either that or she's some bougie ghetto chick with a London Tipton voice, or she's hoeing herself out like Raven-Symoné.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

It's telling the same Nordic/Babylonian/Sumerian/Qabbalic/whatever tales that people will then be drawn to when they are older. Get 'em while they're young, like another poster said.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Reusing motion capture is different from re-drawing frames of animation. Cell animation is only 2D, where most CG and video games nowadays are 3D.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
Not that I am a fan of Disney, but every single cartoon that came along before the computer generation(so to speak) did this. You can watch ANY old cartoon, scoobie doo for instance, and see them passing the same backdrop over and over.

It's par for the course, and it isn't sinister.

Are you trying to tell me that watching Scooby Doo was brainwashing me too?
I thought it was just rotting my brain!

Before computer animation, it took forever to put together animated movies. Reusing background plates not only save money but more importantly, saved time.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

It's not uncommon for an animated movie to take more than 5 years to make, and Disney has deep pockets. If time is a factor, then it takes quite a bit of time to search through stock footage looking for the right animation to trace, rather than just draw out a few drafts.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
reply to post by secretagent woooman

It's not uncommon for an animated movie to take more than 5 years to make, and Disney has deep pockets. If time is a factor, then it takes quite a bit of time to search through stock footage looking for the right animation to trace, rather than just draw out a few drafts.

again, the scoobie doo franchise is one of the richest in cartoon history, yet they do the same thing.

It is not sinister, it is laziness and cutting corners.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Logan

An ongoing regular cartoon series wouldn't have the budget or time allowance of a Disney animated film. Besides that, cartoons aren't designed for good detail and such, so the target audience probably wouldn't change the channel in disgust after seeing Barney drive past the same house over and over.

There was lots of recycling in 80's anime which doesn't exist now, maybe because there are more workers.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

You think that only the NAACP and bloggers have those kinds of concerns?

What about regular Black people?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join