It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brilliant buzzard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
well i searched for this and got no results. does anyone know what the brilliant buzzard is supposed to do has anyone seen it?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
GOOD LORD MAN! WTF are you talking about. Who hired you to confuse us to death, WAS IT BILLY?!

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
actually im not trying to confuse you i figured you would know but the brilliant buzzard is an aircraft with canards and flys high it kind of looks like the xb-70a valkyrie

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
thank you. I was confuesed, frightened and hungry. now I'm only hungry.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
try a google search maybe.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
i have heard that it deoloys some space uav called pumkin seed but then i heard it is some kinda bomber. then i heard it is a spyplane.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Found it for you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
wow kinglizard thinks ur awesome now i know what it is and i know that it and super valkyrie are one and the same. it is a aircraft carrier in the sky. some people think that it and the aurora are the same thing.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
members.macconnect.com... zzard.html

says it's the mothership of the aurora

www.area51zone.com...

this one says it's the mothership of or is the aurora. i like this the best...

At 1:45p.m. on August 5, 1992, aUnited Airlines 747 crew reported a near miss with an unknown aircraft as the airliner headed out of Los Angeles International Airport. The airliner was in the vacinity of Georges AFB, California, when the 747's Traffic Alert and Collision Avoidance System (TCAS) warned the flight crew that an aircraft was approaching at high speed. The unidentified aircraft flew past the 747 about 500-1000 feet below it at high supersonic speed. The UFO was described as having a lifting-body configuration, much like the forward fuselage of an SR-71, and being roughly the size of an F-16. It was speculated that the aircraft was a drone that had "escaped".

had it been at "high supersonic speed" i would have imagined that the 747 would have felt one major #ing bump from the shockwave... especially at that close.

robocat.users.btopenworld.com...

this one says that the brilliant buzzard is the xb-70. personally, i'd go with this one since al the sketches and everything on other sites look and sound like the descripytion of the xb-70.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
yea i always thought it looked like the xb-70 thinks for posting this info. on ur first link it has a map of sightings and it says there was one in my city Virginia Beach,Virginia.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

looks very similar to the picture you posted kindlizard, eh? i'm going with that these are one in the same.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
i dunno looks like the buzzard has a wider nose and the wings look like maybe a different scale also the canrds look different.
btw do any of you want to start an aurora research project with me?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I don�t know. The images look too similar to be different.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
www.aemann.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...

It has all the characteristics of a 'carrier' aircraft - but what could it be carrying? The most likely answer is 'Pumpkin Seed' - an unmanned reconnaisance vehicle which would be unable to take off under its own power.

i'd like to know what the characteristics of a "carrier" aircraft are. the only such plane that i knew could do this was the b-36, which if i recall corrected carried an f-86.

the xb-70 has designed to be a highspeed strategic nuclear bomber. it was when the US was rapidly trying to design and build better and faster nuclear bombers. other examples of supersonic bombers are the b-58 and the b-1. the xb-70 was a sort of step between the two i believe.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
yea i guess but the xb-70 nose is more needle shaped than the buzzard the buzzard is more flat nose

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I don�t know. The images look too similar to be different.

the two pictures i posted are of the xb-70. i posted two views so you could see the likeliness to the brilliant buzzard photo you posted. so far, i've been unable to find any real brilliant buzzard photos.

evey pictures i've seen on the google image search for "brilliant buzzard" has been computer generated. this is why i'm going to believe that the brilliant buzzard and xb-70 are one in the same.

[Edited on 4/25/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
yea i guess for know its safe to believe they r one in the same
btw wat did the xb-70 do?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

the xb-70 has designed to be a highspeed strategic nuclear bomber. it was when the US was rapidly trying to design and build better and faster nuclear bombers.

from an earlier post of mine.

the xb-70 was scrapped during testing because it was just too expensive. when an f-4 phantom (i think) got trapped in one of the vorticies and then collided with the plane during a publicity shoot it REALLY killed the program.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It seems all the names are referring to the same aircraft.

Brilliant Buzzard, also Known as 'The Mothership' and 'Super XB-70' The Project is believed to be used or used for testing an Airborne Surveillance System.
Apparently the Buzzard was in direct competition with another Surveillance program, the AOA(Airborne Observation Adjunct) or AOS(Airborne Opticle System) The AOS/AOA were extremely secret and officially went into the 'Black Budgets' program due to the sensitivity of the program.

Another name also 'cropped' up during the testing phase of these aircraft. The name 'Blue Eyes' is believed to actually be another name for the Brilliant Buzzard. An Article seen by the public during the initial phases of development and testing said " AOA vs Buzzard/Blue Eyes" stating that in fact like what i mentioned above, the AOA and Buzzard were in direct competition for a Surveillance platform that was going to enter service with the DoD.

www.dreamlandresort.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i just don't get what's the difference between an xb-70 and a super xb-70. when a new design is created it gets a new designation. it could have at least been called an xb-70b or something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join