It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama's audacity of hype crumbles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Barack Obama's audacity of hype crumbles
As he approaches 100 days in office, the President faces a grim reality check. Paul Mason reports from America's economic front line.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The mayor has applied for $400 million out of Barack Obama's $787 billion fiscal stimulus plan. Top of his wish list are automatic weapons and Kevlar vests for the police, and some more police to tote them: last year, in this, the crime capital of the Midwest, he had to lay off police officers due to shortage of funds.

The city symbolises the scale of the economic challenge facing Obama as he approaches 100 days in office. If the president is to deliver something more than the "audacity of hype", homes will have to be built in Gary, health care delivered, and a way found for its inhabitants to live on something more than benefits and debt. But much of America is in revolt against what needs to happen for this to be achieved. And Obama's own momentum on the economic front looks weak.

Top of his wish list are automatic weapons and Kevlar vests ?

Great

A good read, funny we have to read the UK articles to find some common sense.

The inner cities have been crumbling for years now, one can hardly blame everything on Obama, although his own fiasco in Chicago of urban renewal was an abysmal failure, yet we think he has some magic cure for the whole of the country.

Environmentalism and now the plan's of the global warming enthusiast will even add more fuel to the fire.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Interesting read. Thanks. Very true about how you only see these articles from foreign news sources. U.S. MSM news is all aflutter with what Obama did (well, about 10% of what he did) in his first 100 days.

What does a U.S. town with only 100k residents need with automatic weapons and Kevlar vests? Are these to be used for the upcoming disarming of all American citizens?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Interesting read. Thanks. Very true about how you only see these articles from foreign news sources. U.S. MSM news is all aflutter with what Obama did (well, about 10% of what he did) in his first 100 days.

What does a U.S. town with only 100k residents need with automatic weapons and Kevlar vests? Are these to be used for the upcoming disarming of all American citizens?

That is creepy, what is this about?

I am afraid there will be no jobs coming, and we all know what that means.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Even Fox news is sugar coating everything, I watched Donald Trump give Obama a B+ on the economy this morning, I am thinking WTF?
Why ask the Donald?
Isn't he the one that is ripping off people for their money in California?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I find it ironic that when vests and guns are funded by libs it's a cause for alarm by the Right wing.

If the vests and guns were asked for by a neocon admin; the right wing would have said it was a blow for freedom against the terrorists.

Ideologies and dogma make little sense to me. It's obvious the audicity of hype is alive and well on ATS especially from the right wing.

Politics.....same as it everwas....

[edit on 26-4-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
If the vests and guns were asked for by a neocon admin; the right wing would have said it was a blow for freedom against the terrorists.

Good point. I wonder how many terrorists there are in a town of 100k in the heartland of America?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
By the looks of it, that mayor is opting for more automatics and kevlar vests as the only alternative he has as he loses more officers due to cutbacks. With an officer, you have an ongoing salary to pay, whereas you can just by guns and armour as a one-off.
It may be that with less officers, he'll need more hardware should there be unrest in this current economic climate, it was described as the crime capital of the Midwest, so show of force may be their only option to keep the peace (paradoxically).

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by purehughness

He's also hiring more officers to tote those automatic weapons and wear those kevlar vests.

The mayor has applied for $400 million out of Barack Obama's $787 billion fiscal stimulus plan. Top of his wish list are automatic weapons and Kevlar vests for the police, and some more police to tote them: last year, in this, the crime capital of the Midwest, he had to lay off police officers due to shortage of funds.

[edit on 4/26/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Ah, teach me to skim-read!

But now that you've brought that to my attention, the whole affair really brings home how the lack of confidence in Obama's financial stimulus plan is affecting middle America. Are they anticipating riots and civil unrest in the possible wake of mass employment, or is this clamping down on real crime as it would at first suggest. Maybe both.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by purehughness
Ah, teach me to skim-read!

But now that you've brought that to my attention, the whole affair really brings home how the lack of confidence in Obama's financial stimulus plan is affecting middle America. Are they anticipating riots and civil unrest in the possible wake of mass employment, or is this clamping down on real crime as it would at first suggest. Maybe both.

Since i was young every plant that employed blue color workers that once could raise a family nicely is GONE.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
My only question is this, are the "automatic weapons and Kevlar vests" made in China?
If so, why even bother asking for the stimulus handout.

Here is another thought, if you ask for stimu-aid, will your arse now belong to Obama?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I watched Donald Trump give Obama a B+ on the economy this morning, I am thinking WTF?

I saw that and thought the exact same thing. My second thought was ... how much did he get paid off to say something like that? If he plays nice with the Obama administration does he get an extra cookie or two somewhere along the line ...

His statement was absurd.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

Probably because of the crime rates. I tried to paste the table but the formatting won't work right. It can be found here. There is a lot of crime in Gary compared to how many people they have living there.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I watched Donald Trump give Obama a B+ on the economy this morning, I am thinking WTF?

I saw that and thought the exact same thing. My second thought was ... how much did he get paid off to say something like that? If he plays nice with the Obama administration does he get an extra cookie or two somewhere along the line ...

His statement was absurd.

You saw that too huh?

I can't hardly stand to watch the news at all anymore.

[edit on 053030p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by purehughness

Automatic weapons sound more suitable for a large scale contingent rather than for day-to-day societal issues to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I know what you mean. Thanks for exposing the truth about that meat-puppet: Barry Soetoro. He's not serving us. He works for our common foes.

new topics

top topics

join