It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so windy outside?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I live in Michigan.
Since November I have been taking note of the windy conditions here.
There has not been much of a break in the blowing winds. Only one or two days of calm, then back to picking up branches and other folks "stuff" blown into the yard. Some of our "stuff" has to be gathered up from a few of the neighboring properties about every 3 or 4 days.

I'd say it has been Unusually windy. Kind of remindes me of SiFi flicks depicting scenarios of the weather, after atomic or hydrogen bombs have been used causing incessant strong winds.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
In Columbus, Ohio here. It has been very windy as well. But at night, the wind dies down and it's a sticky, hot deadness in the air. It's 90° right now. And it was around 30° last week...

I feel like we totally skipped spring and went straight into summer. You could say it just "blew" by. heh

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
There is a change in this "wind"...I can sense it.
I went and stood outside the other night when the wind woke me up...it smelled "funny" out there,very "ozone-y" although it was clear

I agree. There is a change in the wind. And the smell we get here now - is very metallic and very strong. Mostly in the middle of the night - and also when it is very clear outside... hmmmm....

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Talk about collective consciousness, I was thinking about this same thing not more than a few minutes ago.

Too much of a coincidence to not be linked I think. Very windy here in San Antonio. Why are we thinking this all at the same time?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I live in Sydney, AUstralia, and it's been windy as all hell though sunny for the past week at least it hasn't stopped, probably just cause we're coming into winter down here.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
Talk about collective consciousness, I was thinking about this same thing not more than a few minutes ago.

Too much of a coincidence to not be linked I think. Very windy here in San Antonio. Why are we thinking this all at the same time?

Because it is happening. Engineered? Pole shift?
Natural phenom - for this time on the planet.... ?
Hard to say - but - it is happening.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

Same here in Western Pa. I remember as a teen that the jet seem was like a ribbon in the sky. Alittle lower in the winter and alittle higher in the summer. Now it just swirls all over the place.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yes, it's windy here too... I believe that the Earth is cooling down. The sun has diminished by 2% of it's luminosity. As the oceans begin to shed the heat they have, the weather patterns change and cause extremes. It was 45 degrees here the day before yesterday and 92 today. As long as the sun continues to stay asleep, the Earth will cool. I even heard that we could have a 30 year (at least) mini ice age event because of it.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I have heard the same! This is going to be an interesting next few years to say the least.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I have noticed the same here in NC. I suppose I really need to start watching the clouds again. I've been very busy working and haven't had the time to watch the sky.

I will make an effort tomorrow when I go out on my breaks.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I appreciate this thread and the posts that "connect" to mine...I have been seriously doubting my sanity lately and although I absolutely realize the state of flux the world is in currently,this is a deeper and more "visceral" feeling and it's somehow connected to the forces of nature and the core of what allows us to survive...sounds silly probably but I'm well-traveled and have considerable "life-experience" and this wind just seems to reek of something off-kilter.

I will however sleep better tonight knowing that I'm not alone.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

I do that every night in my cigarette breaks. It all seems . . . different somehow. I do not know how to explain.

The winds of change? I dunno. But damned if I am not taking more cigarette breaks just to ponder things now.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Put Georgia USA on the list too. Tons of healthy trees down in the past month. Our house is constantly creaking and popping from the wind.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm in Kentucky. It's been the same here.
I first noticed it when we got the wind storm from Hurricane Ike-last summer/fall. Every since that one event, the wind has been crazy. I've even had some weird nightmarish dreams about it. ~Must be thinkin' about it more than I realize~

It's kinda cool, though, I especially like the windy days when it's gloomy outside. I would , however, like to be able to use the fire pit that I bought last summer.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
So basically the USA has pinched all our wind. Typical! Well can we have it back please? It's ages since we had a decent gale

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
just adding my bit. last weekend family and I were in the backyard eating and talking for several hours and all of us noticed how incredibly windy it was. we were outside for at least 3hrs + and it was *very* windy the whole time.

the youngest person there was 26 and out of the 4 ppl 3 of us were born and raised in Texas.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by autsse]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well yes, it's sometimes windy in Texas. As it has been for millions of years ......

Weird thread.

What next? A thread commenting on how it rains? Or the sun shines?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Question to all but more pointedly to our Texas ATS'ers but have you noticed how windy it' been this spring? I've been in TX for almost 10 years now and I can't ever remember it being like this. I live near in the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex area and almost every day seems to be the same - winds 10-12 mph with gusts to 15 or 20mph.

I've really noticed this because I like to fire up the grill out on the patio but it's been too damned windy! The last few days (Apr 24-26) have been crazy with gusts up to 30mph and the howl being constant. I'm used to a constant "breeze" but enough with this silly weather!

Have you noticed similar?

This phenomena is increasing exponentially. The scientific explanation is that Washington DC is sucking soooooo damnably hard that it creates huge wind vortexes and pulls air eastward towards the sucking.

This occurs when politicians in DC have their months shut and are (usually) writing worthless bills to rob the public. Thus, just generally sucking at what they are doing. Sucking the air that we breathe for life.

When they start speaking the wind blows in the opposite direction (westward) and that is usually accompanied by a stench something like turkey dung mixed with turkey urine.

Unfortunately, the forecast for this weather pattern looks to be long term.

I heard there would be a change in the air but this wasn't the change that I had expected.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Actually it is more windy here in the upper midwest. I agree, grilling is becoming more difficult when even the wind proof lighter gets blown out.

[edit on 5·2·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
We are getting a good bit of wind storms, I guess, in my part of Virginia. Is it abnormal, not sure?

Spring has been very good thus far. Plenty of rain for the crops. Frost didn't kill off blooms like in the past.

We've had a lack of strong thunderstorms, though, over recent years, but we had a decent one the other day though.

Summers used to be full of thunderstorms, maybe this year will be different, and thunderstorms will be more regular.

Troy

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Wow I've noticed that too! I live in Ontario, Canada and noticed that it's been unusually windy since the first day of Spring. I've never noticed wind like this before. Every day is constantly windy... and I'm not the only one who commented on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join