It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Catch a Predator NWO front group?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr.RufusRed

Entrapment is the act of a law enforcement agent inducing a person to commit an offense which the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit.

Hello my friend. With many (not all) of these men having no priors for such crimes it is almost impossible for any prosecutor being able to prove this is what these men likely to commit. You have police that are literately trained in acting like under age girls and seducing men. It would be one thing if the police put up something like "13/f/socal" and went after men who immediately engaged in sexual dialogue without invitation but that is not what is happening here. They are being led on to the point of making arrangements to meet in real life. The police posing as minors do not let these men know that their advances are not welcome. This style of sting could be legally carried out if done correctly but it is not being done that way

It's actually not cops, TCaP contracts out to an agency, the name of which eludes me at the moment, to chat with these individuals.

Look, whether or not this is legal is for a judge to decide. I don't know the conviction rate, but I know that nearly every one of these individuals will seek help for their problem due to their brush with the law. That's what's important.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I do not think that these guys get convicted if they plead not guilty i do not see them going to jail for a crime that was never commited.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
well i have the feeling that having the urge to act like a 13 year old girl in order to get the attention of men warrants seeking help. The organization you refer to is called Perverted-Justice and it does act with the law. As of now many and i mean MANY of those cases are being and were dropped because Perverted-Justice is not giving the court full transcripts of the chat logs. The courts are not getting enough evidence of anything to charge these men.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianP

Brian, you are missing the point; they THOUGHT they were talking to underage kids.

The 'decoys' do NOT entrap. The perps begin the conversation. They WANT to find sex with underage kids.

The very ACT of engaging in sexual innuendo over the Internet with someone who is portraying themselves to be underage is breaking the law. It is INTENT, and not in the way that the movie "Majority Report" describes. It is NOT 'thought police'.

Also, these guys, besides the sexually explicit 'chat', also send lewd pictures of themselves.

AND, the LEO do NOT travel to the homes of the perverts just for being online. They must 'cross the line'....show intent....and that means showing up. EVEN if all they do is drive by the address....then they are arrested, and tried.

Speaking of trials....if you'll pay attention, you will see that the conviction rate is nearly 100%.

One other point....someone had the example of a 13-year-old 'posing' as a 35-year-old...well, not a valid comparison.

The 13-year-old COULD, I suppose, drive over to the house....but, as a minor he's be busted for illegal driving....and as a minor, likely wouldn't be tried as an adult anyway......

[edit on 4/27/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
WOW. i had to sign up just to post in this thread. Are you people stupid? ITS ILLEGAL TO HAVE SEX WITH MINORS!! I don't care if the police pose as a 13 year old and post "ooh im so horny someone please come over". No one that isn't a pedophile is going to come. DUH! Do you people think that if the 13 year old want's it then its not a crime? 13 year olds are flippin stupid, thats why we have laws!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Hello my friend it was I who said the conviction rate was low. In Collin County, Texas ALL the cases were dropped. The convition rate that is "nearly 100%" is just the men who plead guilty. And if it was a 13 year old boy that was having dirty chats with an officer the officer would be placed under arrest for talking to a minor that way. Just as you could be arrested for posing as a minor and having cyber sex with underage girls.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr.RufusRed

Oh....well....'Dr.Rufus'

Perhaps I misunderstood the point of the MSNBC follow-up programs...."Predator Raw: The Unseen Tapes".

What I saw was that in the follow-up they showed not only those who pled 'guilty', but also the 'non-guilty' pleas...and the subsequent convictions...unless they hadn't yet gone to trial.

Your other portion of the post....I'm confused. Um, NEVER did a LEO converse online with an underage child. It was 'Perverted Justice' members posing, online, as 'underage'. They are civilians.

Law Enforcement was interested, as bystanders.

It's same as if....a LEO sees a crime in progress....IF it is within his/her purview, then he/she is legally bound to investigate, and arrest...if a law/laws are broken. This is open to interpretation.

It is for the Courts to decide whether the infraction fell within the jurisdiction in the first place.

[edit on 4/27/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Yes. When they broke into my truck and stole every tool I own, it was entrapment. Damn, I should have got it on tape. But they didn't steal my truck so they must have been good people.

!4 year old girls don't talk like that? Well maybe they don't talk to YOU like that but when I was 17, one of my friends was a 15 year old hooker. She definitely could talk dirty, but alas, never to me. Well there was this one time........

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
You might want to checkout This thread I started about "To Catch a Predator" show being sued

I too think the show went a little too far as the reality is their was never any children involved and thus no real crimes took place - just created thought crimes for people that were mostly mentally incompetent.

I'm against most reverse stings - just because they are just thought crimes whether it is pretending to sell sex or dope or in this case a ruse of underage sex.

While I am kind of a fan of "Bait Car" just because I've had my cars stolen before and I think they put them mostly in areas where there are a rash of thefts. Another words there are actually similar real crimes happening in the area.

Unlike the Predator show though an actual car is taken without permission (stolen) and they don't have to take it. Whereas the Predator show involves no children what so ever just mostly vigilantes that bait and trick weak minded individuals into unlikely fantasies that only exist because of the suggestions of the vigilantes.

In fact if you read the transcripts of the chat logs you will find that Perverted justice actually stalked the people days, weeks or months after they blew them off - yet pj continually tried to engage them in conversation.

I'm sure there's plenty of people who have considered or thought about crossing certain lines at one time in our lives - the difference is we don't. The problem I see is when people entice people to break the law it actually pushes the weak minded over the edge that they might not have not ever taken had it not been for the prodding.

The group Perverted Justice uses the analogy of hiring a impostor hit man to kill somebody thus their ruse of pretending to be underage blogger is no different. Yet, I would argue that in the case of hiring a hit man there is an actual victim, but in this case there is no teenage blogger involved.

I guess it matters not though since the show has been canceled due to the lawsuit that was settled secretly.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Go do some research and come back here. Start at these two places:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yeah people get me all wrong on this. I think that sexual predators should get longer sentances instead of getting out early and registering as a sex offender or living in a halfway house. It is my opinion that the crimes they commit are wrong beyond measure. I also think that this show and method of law enforcement is wrong as it takes away their freedom of choice and the option to do the right thing and just walk out and go home.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianP

So I'm going to a FEMA camp because..... I think this thread is ridiculous? No, I'm pretty sure some people just take their research into NWO things too far and begin to see things that aren't there. If you're desperately looking for something, you'll always find it. Especially if you're off your meds.

Edit to add the "P" would not stand for "Peppers" by chance, would it? This thread seems too ridiculous to be real and coverty trolling would explain that pretty well.

[edit on 4/27/09 by Magnivea]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

I take offence to that you are hinting that i am Brian Peppers and that i am a troll. This show is about Thought Crime and takes away the choice of men to do the right thing even at the last second. Like i said before i do not think that all of these men have outstanding moral character but their freedom to do the right thing and change their mind is taken away from them.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Here is the current internet predator law. Aleast the only one I could find.

From what I gather, as long as they do not send sexually explicit pics to the underage and/or show up at the underage kids house then they are within the law.

When they show up and a copy of the trancscript is brought out it is very apparent on what they showed up for,more often then not, with pics. The decoy often asks if the person brought certain items that in the transcript they had asked for, i.e. booze, condoms, web cams, candy, etc. The transcript shows that they were asked for and not everyday items that they carry.

The transcript always show that they new how old the decoy says she is and they still engage in disgusting chats. Most of the time it goes on for several days before they decide to meet. That is why the transcript looks like a manual.

When they send the pics it is always after an age has been established. Once they send the pic they have broken the law. That is why when some sense something is wrong, they keep driving and are pulled over and arrested.

www.nap.edu...

edit for the grammer that I noticed.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by jd140]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

It sounds like a fair law to me however these men are not talking to minors. They are talking to adults. With this mentality of law it would be the same as undercover cops starting their own street gangs and having all the people arrested whenever the cop managed to talk the people into commiting crimes. I think its entrapment. I think they should monitor the ____ out of these guys and jump on them and throw the book at them the second they start chatting with a minor. As it is now these guys normaly pay a fine and get probation. If they monitored these guys they could get years for what they do and everyone's child would be more safe.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianP

You are right, they are talking to decoys. However they do not know that. They think they are talking to 12-14 boys and girls. Once the age comes up they still continue.

The age comes up before any conversation starts. In the transcript some become very excited that they are talking to a young kid.

Look at it this way. If they were not talking to a decoy then they would be talking to a real child and showing up at their house. Are you really going to defend them?

edit to add- Individual states have their own laws concerning the issue. That is why in some states some go free, like the guy who came in and took all of his clothes off in the kitchen(that guy even showed up at a McDonalds the next day to meet another kid who turned out to be a decoy) and alot of other states they get 3 years or more. I think the longest I have seen was 9 years.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by jd140]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well i guess brian struck a nerve with his logic as he is now banned. But his thread is still up, most interesting.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Besides various "attempted" crimes there is also conspiracy.
I don't see a problem.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Does anyone know if these peadophiles are actually prosecuted after the show?

Has anyone of the predators successfully launched a lawsuit against the show?

I can see what they are trying to do - but I've a feeling this is just media people trying to cash in on something that really isn't suitable to be entertainment at all.

If they can do this and say 'its all about catching the predators' then why does it have to be televised?

Leave this to the law enforcement I say.

Imagine how awful it would be to be set up in this way. A hot girl who looks 18 comes to your door and starts being sexual with you - you react - only to be told she's actually 15/16...

Sure you may have been stupid - but if she was doing all the running why would you think she wasn't 18?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join