It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mozilla Firefox logo inspired partly by illustrated Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
From Daniel Burka's Twitter:

twitter.com...

Little-known fact: the Firefox logo was partially inspired by this illustration in my childhood bible (Judges 15:4) digg.com...

The Firefox logo was developed by a design studio, based off of concepts submitted by Burka as well as other people.

This kinda interesting -- about:mozilla also has a very well-known mock Bible verse as well

Mammon slept. And the beast reborn spread over the earth and its numbers
grew legion. And they proclaimed the times and sacrificed crops unto the
fire, with the cunning of foxes. And they built a new world in their own
image as promised by the sacred words, and spoke of the beast with their children. Mammon awoke, and lo! it was naught but a follower.

from The Book of Mozilla, 11:9
(10th Edition)

Religious inspiration hasn't escaped from even computer programs.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
who cares man, its a little fox wrapped around a ball of some sort. major conspiracy here, get your tin foil hats out....

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I think this is more suited for the religious conspiracy forum. Maybe keep that trash in there please.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamjesusphish
who cares man, its a little fox wrapped around a ball of some sort. major conspiracy here, get your tin foil hats out....

Its a logo of the earth surrounded by the fox. Look here.

or here.

[edit on 4/25/2009 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Another little known conspiracy is that all book construction (spine, pages, hardcover) is based off the bible.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

It's a clear admission by one of the people who helped design the logo. This isn't wild speculation. Maybe you should get your head out of the sand.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

I never said that any religion created the Firefox logo. I'm saying that stuff is religiously-inspired that you wouldn't expect.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'm a programmer and I live in silicon valley etc.

And believe it or not, but programming has in many many many ways helped me come to the understandings I have today.

God is a programmer. All of creation is just a program, following the laws/logic given to it, just like the programs we create on earth.

So just because someone has a high tech job doesn't mean they are an atheist and stuff like that.

To me, I would be more surprised if a programmer didn't have religious understandings, than if they did. That would be aside from what I call "syntax monkeys", which are programmers who went to school, got a degree in programming but can't really design anything bigger than a private function or so because they lack general logic skills.

new topics

top topics

join