It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 437
<< 434  435  436    438  439  440 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hmmm seems PMT has set it....

I'll be back when everyone calms down..

Cant you all just do what we have been doing for the last month?

Post your opinion join in with opinions you connect to...and ignore what you dont like reading.. or is that just me

Like I said... I don't do hysterics... Have a good weekend my lovelies!! Have a super duper time

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I just want to point out that this thread only started 3 1/2 weeks ago, when the outbreak began in Mexico.

As soon as the toddler died in Texas, there was a media black-out and WHO started to fudge figures and play down any severity.

Ecoparity has inside intel saying that the infection has many guises and it could come back with a vengeance to those who pick up a primary infection.

On top of that, he himself has become ill, so you can understand his frustration in trying to help people with info, but they then question his validity.

I've stocked up twice on food, ready for a lock down. I prefer Eco's intel, rather than the MSM's; the choice is up to you.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
He means me. However, a quick perusal of my posts will prove in a moment that he is incorrect.

A detailed look will show that the "insider" intel is just long versions often of things I posted prior. Without the fanfare.

Losing control of the thread and its fawning inhabitants.

[edit on 2009/5/22 by Aeons]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Oh ruddy flip... sorry Eco just got your U2U.. this site is So confusing!

will email now

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Sorry Aeons but when you post something directed at a particular post could you click the "reply to" button so we can tell who you are talking too, please?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
reply to post by Aeons

Sorry Aeons but when you post something directed at a particular post could you click the "reply to" button so we can tell who you are talking too, please?

I'll work on that.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
I just want to point out that this thread only started 3 1/2 weeks ago, when the outbreak began in Mexico.

As soon as the toddler died in Texas, there was a media black-out and WHO started to fudge figures and play down any severity.

Ecoparity has inside intel saying that the infection has many guises and it could come back with a vengeance to those who pick up a primary infection.

On top of that, he himself has become ill, so you can understand his frustration in trying to help people with info, but they then question his validity.

I've stocked up twice on food, ready for a lock down. I prefer Eco's intel, rather than the MSM's; the choice is up to you.

Could not have said it better. The numbers being reported by the media can not be considered "reliable." Thanks to eco and Hx3 for their consistent and informative posts.

I live in the Monterey Bay area of California, and so far we've had no real local updates since May 7th. At that time the numbers where 5 confirmed, 5 probable. To me that seems incredibly unlikely considering the high number of migrant farm workers we have here.

I've seen a few younger children at the stores with REALLY bad UR issues and one of our little league players has been out sick for a week now with all the symptoms.

We're stocked up, staying up to date on any and all developments and ready for whatever comes along.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety

Exactly spot on - if people want updates like you and me read and add things to this thread, if those people who don't want updates and prefer MSM info watch that.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Kr0n0s/Eco - this is a thread about updates...if you and eco really want to party about the virulence or otherwise, could you two not pull together and do a thread about that?

I appreciate ALL the posts in this thread and the others - followed from day one.

get a room guys

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

or.....you could look at everything and still come to a conclusion that doesn't led to 'OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE."
Or you could see it with caution, but not come to the same conclusions.
Or you could use the same critique one would use on the usual data sources, and use it on the people here.

Gosh, just because he's so relevant to the dynamic of this thread....

The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.
Friedrich Nietzsche, Ecce Homo, Foreword

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Your credibility is very strong here and will continue to be so no matter what the outcome of this situation is. You have backed up your statements time and time again and have proven your self to the people that have been fallowing this thread since day one.

As for the people now showing up after 430 some odd pages and now starting to bash on you have obviously not followed this thread at all nor have they read through it before page 430. You have worked day and night to bring use the information and we are very greatful for that.

We are here for the information from you and a few others that have time and time again show the facts and proven it. A few people will not be able to derail this thread and run any of us off. I have been here and will continue to be.

Thank you Ecoparity, Hx3_1963 and many others that have put into this thread day in and day out.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

Agreed, keep up your focus Ecoparity, this is a forum, members have the ability to open new threads where they can open other questions. I think the question were all trying to answer on this thread is - what are the latest updates - what are the first ring issues surrounding those updates, what are the implications..not just Eco, but all the users who have been posting for 3 weeks now - well done, much appreciated, I provide updates to others not online so, what happens here reaches further than some think.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by fence_rider
reply to post by pcgeek

I provide updates to others not online so, what happens here reaches further than some think.

Very good point. I can tell you that although I'm the only one of us using this forum the info I'm getting from here is shared between a lot of families here and we've all taken precautions based on the info we've got from here. Hopefully we'll never need to use the info we've gained and the extra food/water/medicines will not be needed but if they are then we are prepared and we have this forum and a couple of people on here in particular to thank for that.

If people believe that everything is fine then its simple... just don't keep reading this thread or staying informed and I'd like to wish you good luck when dealing with natural selection.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by mamana]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It's official, this is a thread bashing lull?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Just got an email back from a co-worker who is a new Canadian citizen from China. She has gone back to China to visit her family.

She says that the Chinese government is taking this virus very seriously.

Oh wait ....I should have said that I have a resource inside of the Chinese border who is a very well educated person who knows the Chinese government. She confirms the severity to which the government is concerned about this virus.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
reply to post by ecoparity

11000 infected and 86 deaths isnt a super killer and if the CDC's assumption is correct and over 100000 are infected then that makes it even less of a threat.

www.who.int... Out of 11034 infected, only 85 have died, according to the WHO. That's .7% fatalities. I do not consider this a significant threat yet, especially since people are currently recovering alright at home in my state.

Exactly, thanks raven

[edit on 5/22/2009 by Kr0n0s]

I know this is simplifying it, but think about this...

If the entire population of the world (6,706,993,152 at last count) were infected, and .7% of them died, that would be 46 million deaths.

Keep in mind, we are told the seasonal flu kills 36,000 a year, which is about .00050%.

Granted, it seems unreasonable that it would really infect everyone in the world, so let's say it infects one-third (as has been suggested.

That's still 22 million deaths. Yes, spread throughout the world, and probably hitting third world countries harder, but 22 million deaths nonetheless.

And - that's assuming the published, official numbers are correct, and not exponentially higher.

If I am doing the math wrong, please correct me as I am no expert of arithmetic.

So, yes, I think that justifies having reasonable concern about the topic (read: not panic).

And, for the record, I *am* skeptical.

(Also - I see now a few people have responded with this sort of thing, so my apologies for stepping on anyone's feet)

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
WHO chief says world should prepare for severe flu

Source:22 May 2009 11:42:03 GMT Reuters

GENEVA, May 22 (Reuters) - Countries should be ready for more serious H1N1 infections, and more deaths from the newly-discovered virus, World Health Organisation chief Dr. Margaret Chan said on Friday

In cases where the H1N1 virus is widespread and circulating within the general community, countries must expect to see more cases of severe and fatal infections," she said. "We do not at present expect this to be a sudden and dramatic jump in severe illness and deaths."

She stressed in closing remarks to the WHO's annual assembly that there was little real difference between the current pandemic alert level of 5 and the highest of 6, and said she would consult experts before deciding to raise it again. "I will be advised by the emergency committee," she said. (Reporting by Stephanie Nebehay, Katie Reid and Laura MacInnis)

Even in the WHO's dumbed down version we are getting hints that this is going to get worse. As many have been saying on here. When? I guess we don't really know but it is comming and I for one am now prepared due to this thread.

We are getting great inside info on this thread and it has prepaired me not to freak out if the SHTF. But the who is giving suttle hints even when they are getting political pressure not to. No political pressure on our friends on this thread that are providing there inside info. We get it raw and uncut

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintrippy

And I think its important to note that thats just the potential deaths from swine flu. If vaccine production is switched from seasonal flu vaccine to swine flu vaccine then there will be a huge number of additional deaths from seasonal flu regardless of what happens with swine flu and whether there are many deaths from it. Swine flu will likely cause many thousands of deaths either directly or indirectly.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Just heard on my local news that theres the first confirmed case of pig flu in my town , Milton Keynes in Buckinghamshire, UK

Im so glad my kids have broken up for half term this week as im very concerned. Fortunately I have stocked up on supplies so we can quarantine ourselves and keep an eye on whats happening outside.

Thanks again to the 6 or so main posters for all your updates and contributions to this thread. You know who you are!

new topics

top topics

<< 434  435  436    438  439  440 >>

join