It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“We The People “Will you fight for your Freedom or sit back and take it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
“We The People “Will you fight for your Freedom or sit back and take it?

Do you see your rights, Civil liberties and Freedoms slipping away one by one? Our Constitution be traded for Treaties.

That New World Order is struggling to be born, a world quite different from the one we’ve known.

We also have Federal and State laws that are more than ever infringing upon our rights. New executive orders, fear of control and martial law, back door gun ban proposals, privacy and internet laws. Is nothing sacred anymore?

Institutions, governments, companies, Families are facing tough times. In this globally connected world. Some of the wealthiest and once prosperous nations are beginning to collapse. The others will follow.

I find that the most alarming statement heard is that “nations will be redefined and their futures fundamentally altered” As one commentator put it, “We are all in trouble.” Today’s catalyst for new world order is the economic collapse.

The question becomes, what is the Price for Freedom? This is not a spectator sport any longer. Something must be done.

“ We the people” outnumber them. Do we sit by idly and allow this to happen? These are not meant to be war words. I for one will fight for my Freedom. Have be become a passive society?

Constitutional rights have truly taken a beating;

www.daggerpress.com...

Obama to Serve as President Forever- Constitution Changes;

ahrcanum.wordpress.com...

Loss of Parental rights;

www.jbs.org...

Privacy and cell phones;

blog.wired.com...

Privacy and cybersecurity;

www.motherjones.com...

Privacy and DNA database;

www.nytimes.com...

Constitutional tinkering of Presidential candidates born abroad;

www.fireandreamitchell.com... esidency-later-used-gestapo-technic/

Time Magazine States That Americans Don't Care About Losing Our Civil Rights;

www.worldproutassembly.org...

Our medical Civil Liberties;
www.newsmax.com...

Freedom of Religion;
www.prospect.org...

There are several more Infringements on our rights. Most will accept them and trust that Government knows best. In our Grandparents day they never questioned authority. Times have changed.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
repost

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I think a lot of people seem to forget that governments in a democratic society works for us the people, not the other way round. We employ politicians to represent us, not rule us.

I think the government needs reminded of that.

Same with the police force they are employed to protect and serve the people, with some of the behaviour of some officers of the law, you would think otherwise.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horus12
I think a lot of people seem to forget that governments in a democratic society works for us the people, not the other way round. We employ politicians to represent us, not rule us.

I think the government needs reminded of that.

Same with the police force they are employed to protect and serve the people, with some of the behaviour of some officers of the law, you would think otherwise.

I think the government officials are too power hungry to take our suggestions. They have shifted from working for the people to taking from the people.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The people will continue to take whatever is shoveled out to them as long as they can tolerate it, however I suspect that they would just find new coping mechanisms rather than actually get something changed. We have gone so long with things the way that they are that I suspect people would prefer things this way as opposed to some new and drastic changes.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
The people will continue to take whatever is shoveled out to them as long as they can tolerate it, however I suspect that they would just find new coping mechanisms rather than actually get something changed. We have gone so long with things the way that they are that I suspect people would prefer things this way as opposed to some new and drastic changes.

Yes but the changes are slow and manipulative. Most changes are a wolf in sheeps clothing, yet no one questions it.

I still dont think people with revolt if martial law broke out. Only if executive orders took their belongings. Even then people will eat it.

I couldnt even organize a Tea Party. Half of the attendee's would be FBI agents.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I would almost be willing to say that there is no limit to what the people will endure from their government. Think of a muscle that never gets used, it eventually loses all its strength (atrophy) and will become useless; that is essentially what has happened to the people over the past few hundred years and now I suspect they are beyond the point of being able to flex with any kind of strength.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I totally agree with your statement. But do you think that Americans have reached there tipping point yet? Over the next few years we shall see, how this is played out/ But I gaurentee when/ if the tax goes up to 50% Like I have heard some people say it may. That will be your tipping point.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The People will do nothing in the open. Things will have to get real bad such as shortages of fuel and control of our food supply before people will rebell.

An epedemic of some kind would be the primary factor in order for our government to take total control. People would be afraid to walk out their door even to grocery shop, go to work etc. etc. etc. The economy would shut down.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by amari]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I would almost be willing to say that there is no limit to what the people will endure from their government. Think of a muscle that never gets used, it eventually loses all its strength (atrophy) and will become useless; that is essentially what has happened to the people over the past few hundred years and now I suspect they are beyond the point of being able to flex with any kind of strength.

I am the opposite. My adrenaline kicks in to full gear when I am threatened.

Of course how I would react to such a scenario would depend on whether a gun was held to my head.

At this point I accept and respect police authority. I'm suspecting things will change in the near future.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari
The People will do nothing in the open. Things will have to get real bad such as shortages of fuel and control of our food supply before people will rebell.

An epedemic of some kind would be the primary factor in order for our government to take total control. People would be afraid to walk out their door even to grocery shop, go to work etc. etc. etc. The economy would shut down.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by amari]

What worries me about that is all the new executitve orders allowing them to take our food or possessions. What do we expect society to be like after this happens?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

I totally agree with your statement. But do you think that Americans have reached there tipping point yet? Over the next few years we shall see, how this is played out/ But I gaurentee when/ if the tax goes up to 50% Like I have heard some people say it may. That will be your tipping point.

I think you mean hyperinflation? I agree it will happen. People havent reached the breaking point yet but if something isnt done we wont have the chance to change it after the fact.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

What worries me about that is all the new executitve orders allowing them to take our food or possessions. What do we expect society to be like after this happens?

Its quite simple really, it will be akin to Somalia. People who are hungry become dangerous irrational creatures given to an almost animalistic nature. Hunger can override you mind so totally that you toss morals and reservations out the window in order to survive, and that is a society that becomes insanely dangerous once it gets to that point.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yes hyperinflation, but also High taxes will be coming to a job near you. Think about all of this spending = higher taxes. And its going to be a a painful increase. I heard that the Brits had rasied taxes to 50% ( can any brits varify this)

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Its quite simple really, it will be akin to Somalia. People who are hungry become dangerous irrational creatures given to an almost animalistic nature. Hunger can override you mind so totally that you toss morals and reservations out the window in order to survive, and that is a society that becomes insanely dangerous once it gets to that point.

You have made a good comparison! I'm aware that crime will increase 10 fold and more. I do live rural but no place will be safe! I'm not a Mormon but have stocked up like one. I like the way they take precautions. I'm not sure of the view on ammo.

It sometimes seems to big to stop. The ball is in motion.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If our rights are threatened and thats a big IF. then everyone one except a very small select group will do anything.

With the exception of 5 maybe 10 people on this site all will take it.

Those from the survival posts will run into the woods and hide. The conspiracy theorist will gather together and talk about what the think is going on and what might happen. The religous group will await the end of the world while their counterparts will point and call them stupid.

The mythicial animals guys will await the seven headed beast that is described in Revelations to rise from the see. Unless that happens, they will be on standby.

The only ones who will do anything will be those who conveinently are ex mililtary who know squad movements and other combat techniques. So I imagine in the unlikely hood that our rights are taken away then the DHS would be correct in calling veterans likely terroists.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Yes hyperinflation, but also High taxes will be coming to a job near you. Think about all of this spending = higher taxes. And its going to be a a painful increase. I heard that the Brits had rasied taxes to 50% ( can any brits varify this)

If they raised taxes by 50% to offset deflation or put a band-aid on their economy. I think it would backfire and lead to hyperinflation. Maybe we will skip the "inflation" period. All or nothing. that sounds scary.

Wouldnt we have heard about this?

I'm also hoping they can answer

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
If our rights are threatened and thats a big IF. then everyone one except a very small select group will do anything.

With the exception of 5 maybe 10 people on this site all will take it.

Those from the survival posts will run into the woods and hide. The conspiracy theorist will gather together and talk about what the think is going on and what might happen. The religous group will await the end of the world while their counterparts will point and call them stupid.

The mythicial animals guys will await the seven headed beast that is described in Revelations to rise from the see. Unless that happens, they will be on standby.

The only ones who will do anything will be those who conveinently are ex mililtary who know squad movements and other combat techniques. So I imagine in the unlikely hood that our rights are taken away then the DHS would be correct in calling veterans likely terroists.

You know I must agree. Almost everyone I know in my personal life. Refuses to hear about this. They say it's gloom and doom. Say we have the best Country in the world and partly they are correct. They will follow the leader and the mass's right off the bridge.

Good point about the survivalists, Religious people and mythicial animals group. You forgot one. Some will wait for the Aliens to rescue them. I still think we are missing some groups.

We vary in beliefs and cultures but will all face the same scenario.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
You need to understand the lifecycle of a nation. All nations follow the same cycle of birth, growth, maturity, decadence, decline, and, finally, death. Ours is no different. I personally feel we are in the decline right before death.

As for the complacency of the American (or world) population, why do you think they are referred to as "sheeple"? Not trying to be offensive...just pointing out reality.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Your not being offensive. I actually agree to a point. Espicially if this is some sort of divine intervention. The next step would be death.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join