It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get your hands dirty!.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The hugely 'popular topics' on waterboarding have prompted me to delve into the political side of torture.

As much as politics and politicians disgust me and leave me cold I have a solution.
'Vote' them into a more pro-active role.

If indeed waterboarding is 'not a torture' and 'achieves results' then let them take a direct role.

First waterboard them to see how long they last (and note the results for each 'supporter'.)

Then,before being given time to come to terms with the experience,make THEM waterboard any 'suspected terrorists' to hand.
Make sure it is all captured on video for their constituencies to observe.

I believe this will be a fantastic insight into the characters you are all foolishly voting into office.

My reasoning...

After a traumatic experience such as this...
(under controlled conditions and,of course,their 'safety words' at the ready)
... How many will be willing to PERSONALLY inflict the same punishment onto another human being WITHOUT the same 'get out clause'.

Will they stop administering the treatment after the pitifully short time they would endure?
Would they be merciful?
Would they even be able to do through with it?

OR

Would they continue regardless?
Even while still fresh from the mental imagery of how it feels to be on the other side of the towel?

With this 'enlightening' video footage,you,as a voter,can then make a much more informed choice on exactly who you are supporting,voting large salaries and perks too,and are happy to have in control of your own lives.

If you are happy to vote for the same people who treat others as lesser creatures,then don't be surprised when it comes back to bite you in the ass.

join