It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA has changed its tactics on how to deal with the movie The Day After Tomorrow.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   
It wasn't until thursday that NASA has been stating that none of their scientists would be commenting on FOX's new film The Day After Tomorrow.
Drudge Report
"COMING 'SUPER STORM: FOX'S CLIMATE-CHANGE MOVIE IRKS BUSH ADMIN; ICE AGE OUTRAGE
Sat Apr 24 2004 10:05:27

Employees at NASA have been told not to comment publicly on FOX's new summer fuss-film THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW, a $125 million disaster movie on "global warming."

It wasn't until this past thursday that NASA seems to have relaxed a bit about this and is allowing scientists to be available to comment on the film. NASA seems to have changed its mind rather quickly about this issue for some reason.
Star Tribune

"Few climate experts think such a prospect is likely, especially in the near future. But the prospect that moviegoers would be alarmed enough to blame the Bush administration for inattention to climate change stirred alarm at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md., scientists there say.

On Thursday, however, Gretchen Cook-Anderson, a spokeswoman at NASA headquarters, said the agency would make scientists available to discuss issues raised by the film. She did not disavow the April 1 e-mail message."

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Are they really making a big deal about a stinking movie?

Seems a little sad to me.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Yes, your post is a repost. See the dates of original posting and post number.

Website-Related Discussion � NASA Curbs Comments On Day After Tomorrow Movie
posted on 25-4-2004 at 03:40 Post Number: 495097

Other Current Events � NASA has changed its tactics on how to deal with the movie The Day After Tomorrow.
posted on 24-4-2004 at 23:29 Post Number: 494990

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is one way at least to bring attention to such a serious issue involving the climate change of Earth. Remember now that the U.S Government released a report stating alarming changes by the year 2020, in which is there is expected to be global catastrophe.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what NASA will say about this issue once it reaches the masses through entertainment.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
That post is in the trash bin and when I did a search nothing came out.

Anyway, this is one of the things that I disagree with the administration about. They keep saying, nomatter what evidence scientists keep bringing up, that global warming is not real. In this I disagreee with how the administration has handled it, I think that both terrorism and global warming are very serious issues, if we just concentrate on one, the other one might bite us in the butt.

I doubt the climate change would be so sudden as is depicted in the movie, but it raises many legitimate questions.

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by Muaddib]

new topics

top topics

join