It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Debt Day.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
As of this Sunday the government will officially run out of money (thought that had already happened) and will have to borrow money for the rest of the year(thought that was already happening too).

www.foxnews.com...

I think I will buy myself a vanilla ice cream cone on Sunday for Debt Day. What will you do?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
HAPPY DEBT DAY TO YOU TOO!!!

Yeah, I thought we had always been out of money, for quite some time.

So, now all there is to do, is make this a National Holiday, once every year we all spend all of our money making sure were in a terrible debt (kinda of like christmas if you will).

I'm marking it on my calendar. I just can't wait, I love knowing the fact that the Gov't is completely out of money. Brings me hope, lets me know that there is going to be a Change.

Now after that is all done, we should borrow money from every country, maybe even Zimbabwe, till we use up everyone elses money

Of course, as you know the borrowed money from Zimbabwe, will of course go to save GM. Can't let those guys fail, just can't do it, if we do things could get much worse.

Edit for the sheer fact I overlooked a ton of typos!

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Cheers- Happy debt day to you, as well!

Our conresscritters must realize the importance of the day, too.

They just gave GM $2B more dollars to see them through to June 1... when they are expected to file for bankruptcy.

And are talking about not renewing the federal income tax break, up to $13/wk, that we are currently enjoying, when it runs out. Plus increase the taxes to pay for the health care plan they enacted with the spendulus bill.

Don't you feel all warm and tingly inside?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
yeah we're out of money thats why obama is raising taxes and printing more moneyy HERE COMES THE INFLATION.

you say my taxes didnt go up yet? if your a smoker your paying $7 bucks more on a carton RIGHT NOW!

ok so you dont smoke whats comming is high gas taxes and the cap and trade

you know you seen the commericals saying how good this is gonna be creating jobs for ge yeah the people who own the obama news network msnbc.

if cap and trade does creat jobs they will be outsourced like every other job has been.

so whats the benefit to the green initatives agian? cause i dont see any except more moeny out of my pocket and more debt that the american people will.
carry.

so yeah obama i'll keep my money and you can keep your so called change.
yeah i left the gun part out of the slogan cause i am too damn poor to go buy a gun.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by neo67]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by neo67

You only pay 7 dollars more a carton, we over here pay 10 extra per carton, most cigs are 7-8 per pack.

They've stressed my destressor.

So thats what I was thinking to, is it after tomorrow that inflation hits, because I doubt they'll stop printing money, who would do such a thing!

I want by Eleventy Billion Dollar Bill, and all spend the whole thing on one a pack of cigs. That's what i'm seeing. (I know theres no such thing as eleventy its just a joke)

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Why not tax the heck out of gases, they tested it when it went to 4 a gallon. Planes didnt drop out of the sky (Well kinda) err emm well people didn't start on mass protests or anything.

So tax it to 5 a gallon, and people will reluctantly pay, but the point being they WILL pay. It's a necessity. For the majority.

I have a bad view in my head for the rest of this year. Bad view, but good news, the stocks are reacting well to this, there up.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

"So, now all there is to do, is make this a National Holiday, once every year we all spend all of our money making sure were in a terrible debt (kinda of like christmas if you will)."

Before long, it will be Christmas before we can celebrate National Debt Day!

Merry NDD, and happy New Year!

Please do not give those people any ideas by talking of increasing the tax on gasoline. They already want to, and if there is even a hint of support, it will be a done deal.

Let's push the thought of generating revenue by raising taxes on Pampers, or Huggies, instead... just a thought...

new topics

top topics

join