It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America! Im sick of all your moaning and no action!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

I am not American, I am Scottish and as a nationality we will not put up with any of the crap you are all so fond of writing about, yet doing nothing about it.

Well then, please, tell us what all YOU personally have done about it. Please, feel free to set an example. Let us know what you have done about all these conspiracies. Which government buildings have you raided? What politicians have you gone after and arrested, tried, and jailed?

What have you done that is so much better than what we have done, that gives you the right to look down your nose at us "americans". I put Americans in quotes because I have the feeling that you actually mean, United States citizens and not Americans. Or do you mean to include all of south, central and north america in your griping?

Anyway, tell us just what you have done about it that is so much better than what anyone else has done about it.... I will be waiting.

Peace and love

GST

[edit on 24-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I think you are very much right. Thank you for pointing this out. The only thing that really needs to change around this country is the political party system and the ending of the federal reserve.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

If you read my original post, you will see that my gripe is there for all to see. My headline says it all and I see no need to repeat that.

respects

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I think we are starting to pick up more. The anti obama squad will come on here and argue, but there have been many improvements since January.

That navajo nation I mentioned? Got their water rights on 3/31.

A few weeks ago, I got a call from my student loan agency and because of new loan regs, they dropped about 3k in fees and helped me get back on track.

The white house is also passing more legislation to take over the student loans so they are cheaper and now the Feds themselves can make the money off of them. Soon, any low income person will have a right to a pell grant, regardless of status. This is wonderful, since only people can afford it go to college.

I don't know how credit cards work in Scotland, but here they are predatory. They can actually raise your interest to 30% if you are late on your phone bill. They will jack up your cc bill just because of a dealing with another company. That isn't even remotely legal.

That is being changed.

While some people are oppossed to the bailouts, and I don't blame them, as they are big scarey numbers that would make anyone nervous, supporting the car companies is making sure we get to keep our choice of a multitude of vehicles.

Detainees are no longer being kept in Gitmo and will now be sent out to actually get their trial process going, or be released if there is no basis.

Hopefully soon everyone will have access to healthcare.

And soon I will be able to visit Cuba, since the travel restrictions are being lifted on an embargo that has been there so long most people can't even remember why it was there in the first place.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

reply to post by gimme_some_truth

If you read my original post, you will see that my gripe is there for all to see. My headline says it all and I see no need to repeat that.

respects

First off, Dont you EVER again accuse me of not reading a post. If you know ANYTHING about me you know that I read every single post in every single thread that I participate in, so I do not appreciate your unwarranted accusation.

I HAVE read your OP, You have not specified what you have done to about anything. All you have done is bash everyone else for not doing anything.

It is now obvious that the reason you can not or will not answer my question is because you HAVE DONE NOTHING more than what we have...

Untill you actually go out and try to do something you have no room to talk or put down anybody, for doing the exact thing you are doing right now.... which is complaining.

I and many others in the United States have participated in protests that go on here on a daily basis, We have boycotted several big businesses, we have done something, infact from the look of it we have even done more than you!

I am sorry, but this is such a hypocritical thread.

You have done absolutley nothing about it yourself, so with that fact revealed I feel most people will agree that you have no right to complain that no one else has done anything. If you want something done quite hoping that us 'americans" will do something and go do it yourself!

When you see an injustice and no one is doing anything about it, and you want something done it is your duty as a human being to stand up and do something. Set an example. Do something besides complaing that no one is doing anything. Untill that day you have no room to talk.

This thread is hypocritical and disgusting. I am out before I cross the line with my posts.... The hypocracy makes me sick

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

If I were it would be based on the consiquences that the population of America is now suffering.

Times are tough, and the tribulations America is currently going through now will hopefully build strength, resourcefulness, and character that we've thus far been slacking on. There are some necessary changes which need to be made, but I see no reason why they cannot be enacted within the current system provided the will and determination are there to drive them. I don't see America as that far gone yet.

Suffering? I don't mean to slight the tragedies which have befallen many families due to the economic crisis - but on the whole, America doesn't really know what true suffering is. What our forefathers once endured, and what many nations in the world are currently faced with. Most Americans toady don't know what it feels like to be truly hopeless and overwhelmed by tragedy and suffering.

This isn't to say that I don't sympathize with those who are grasping frantically, barely holding on to their livelihoods. But I don't see it comparing to what over half the world's population is currently forced to live in. At least in the context of calls to revolution, I don't see the suffering you are referring to.

I do know, however, that you will see such suffering - and a great deal more if you attempt to frivolously demolish the pillars of our society.

When a home's support beams rot, and it's foundation sags under the weight, you don't go into the basement with a sludgehammer and tear out the rot violently. You first attempt to prop up what is still there, and work little by little to identify the rot and replace it in a methodical and controlled manner.

Where is your line in the sand?, or do you wait till there is no sand left to draw it on?

What is needed is more meaningful discussion and debate, not ultimatums. Ultimatums have their place, but it has yet to come IMO.

My OP is based on gripes and moans.

ATS is not America. The Red States are not America. Fox News is not America.

America is a diverse nation with many differing views, morals, and cultures. We are no more bible-lovin, constiution humping, nascar racein, chew-spittin, gun toting, yahoos than Iranians are all bomb-toting, jew hating, jihads.

Sweeping generalizations are never accurate or correct. They're just laziness and apathy.

If you're tired of hearing gripes and moans, then perhaps you should consider seeing out a forum with slightly different atmosphere and less of a draw to those who are pro-conspiracy and anti-government (big government anyhow) and seek out opposing viewpoints from.

It's like standing in the brass section of an orchestra and complaining that the Tubas are too prominent.

If you want to live by inaction thats fine

I never said I supported inaction. I only advocated rational discourse, objective analysis, and all due consideration to the potential consequences both in the short and long term.

I'm just saying to be informed, follow the facts - not your temper, and be civil and adult about it.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I cant understand why no one has mentioned your constitution?..Growing up outside of America, we were all taught about your founding fathers and we were in AWE of your status as a republic and this piece of paper, your constitution (For some reason i always viewed it as blue?)

You have the advantage of a contract that states your rights, probably the most powerfull legal document on earth. It is being eroded daily. Again if this is your choice, so be it. Just let what it stood for be blown in the wind but please, dont gripe about it while doing nothing.

Im not telling you how to go about solving the problem. Im saying a lot of people are frustrated at your moans and gripes while doing nothing.

Respects

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic
reply to post by captiva

I'm just saying to be informed, follow the facts - not your temper, and be civil and adult about it.

I feel I have been civil and adult while conveying my personal point of view and would wonder how you would know if I was angry or not (Not that I am)

The facts are: I see many opinions quoted in many threads by US citizens who are moaning about their way of life and the erosion of their freedoms. That is a fact. If I choose to express my opinion on their actions in doing it, that is my choice and in doing so does not mean I am being un-civil or immature.

respects

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

I am not American, I am Scottish and as a nationality we will not put up with any of the crap you are all so fond of writing about, yet doing nothing about it.

Well then, please, tell us what all YOU personally have done about it. Please, feel free to set an example. Let us know what you have done about all these conspiracies. Which government buildings have you raided? What politicians have you gone after and arrested, tried, and jailed?

What have you done that is so much better than what we have done, that gives you the right to look down your nose at us "americans". I put Americans in quotes because I have the feeling that you actually mean, United States citizens and not Americans. Or do you mean to include all of south, central and north america in your griping?

Anyway, tell us just what you have done about it that is so much better than what anyone else has done about it.... I will be waiting.

Peace and love

GST

Why would he do anything to for America, he lives in Scotland.

He already said what he and his fellow countrymen would do and have done for hundreds of years.

In case you missed a post when you was reading all of them in this thread like you claimed. On page 2 toward the bottom he gave a suggestiion on what we could do.

But since this is about people on here who go the keyboard commando route. What exactly is he suppose to do about them?

You might want to reread all the post in this thread, I think you missed a few.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

removed this myself for being off-topic, thought I was on another thread!

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

LOL I don't think many people are gonna be feeling sorry for them. You won't see any tears running down my face.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I think what bothers me the most about this whole thread is the fact that some people assume that all anyone does is "moan" and take no action.

Just because someone on here complains about something on ATS doesn't mean that they have to grab a gun and start a riot. There are "diplomatic" ways of taking care of the situations that are occuring in our country. And people ARE taking action. Just maybe not the action you think they should be taking?

Please don't assume that just because someone says on ATS that they're tired of this or that, that they aren't attempting to do something about it. I complained about the taxes on cigarettes. I wrote to my congressional representatives and to my state governor about them. Did I think it was necesary to come onto ATS and boast that I "did" something? No. I just did it. And while you may think that "writing" isn't enough, IMO that's all I'm willing to do at the moment.

I'm not going to attempt to start a revolution when I know darn good and well that there are many people out there who DO NOT see what we see. People out there who believe whole heartedly in whatever the MSM spews at them. Take the Tea Party's as an example. We all here know what type of people (for the most part) were at these protests. But what did MSM say? Racist, Right Wing Radicals, etc. Going out and starting a revoltution and ending up dead or in jail isn't going to help anyone.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
the problem with amerika is that people would rather sit behind a monitor and bich..Anything else is the real world and as long as they sit in there chair all is safe to them..Most in this country dont know how to change the oil in there cars let alone who and how to fight for there rights.Its an ugly world still and you get more of a reaction outa people about bitching about torture and a half ass wizard getting tasered..PEASE AND LOVE WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEMS..ah bull # whats gonna have to take place is what those people dont want to see or dont want to become,and thats why things wont change,we are a nation of pussies...

I hope the profanity thinggy works..lol

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The truth is that you people think you have all this knowledge but are too scared to do something about it, and are now attacking each other like the animals you are making yourselves to be instead of facing up to the question presented here. How pathetic.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'm not getting involved in this one.... because it's all a little "hate-filled"

But for those asking what has the OP done...and saying he hasn't done anything or why doesn't he say what he's done.

From page 1

reply to post by Blanca Rose

I was there at the G20, at the poll tax riots, at the demos fighting local government closed door decisions, when I went door to door promoting the scottish national party during the elections.

I have......closed all bank accounts, set up a campaign to protect anonimity, and much much more. I am a photographer and i attend demonstrations to ensure the local press have the right slant on whats going on. Ive covered shootings, seige situations and have been known to be a pain in the ass to any local politician who feels they can forget they are there to serve us.....................what have you done?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Hey, I am sorry I might sicken you, but that is your problem, not mine. I choose to piss and moan if I want to. Don't tell me not to moan and expect me to obey you. Pissing and moaning has always been a first step for me before takiing action. Just saying.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Edited because for some reason I had a double post about pissing and moaning.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by kyred]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Perhaps, but I don't think you're really being rational about it. Not to characterize negatively here, but there are SOME elements on ATS who it wouldn't really take much to push them over the edge. I couldn't even really say if they post actively, but definitely lurk. I've seen good reason to question the judgment and rationality of some of the members.

It may be just talk now, but the tone I pick up from your post is a prodding "Crap or get off the Pot" sentiment typical of someone poking an angry barking dog. That's not typically a very wise move considering someone just may lash out at potentially anything they perceive to be "in on the conspiracy". People could get hurt.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

You did it for me...cheers mate, seems people still post without reading first!

I'm kinda in agreement with the OP on this one. It's frequent to hear about the problems and the complaints but rare to hear about someones action to solve or confront them.

And Scotland kicks ass! I respect any country who's men are man enough to wear kilts and tough enough to use fists instead of guns.

Come on USA......tell us what you're doing.....tell us how you cut up your credit cards, closed your bank accounts, confronted your local politician, quoted the constitution to a police officer, cut down on using chemicals, stopped watching TV, given up fast food, not bought a new car, etc etc etc.....

Tell us what YOU are doing or did and not just moan because you didn't.

I smell fear....fear to act for fear of what....freedom?

[edit on 24/4/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

You say were all this;but whos country actually escaped from under the heel of a british king.? Im just wondering? Wait dont you still live under English rule? hmmmm, How may times did the english conquror and re conquror your nation?

[edit on 24-4-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

Um, that statement - escaped! So you (America's founders )run away from your problems rather than standing up for yourselves - good for you. Are you any better off????????????

Kudos to the Scots, they have my admiration, definately take no crap and fight for what the believe in... and the accent, it plain scares me

[edit on 24-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

<< 1  2    4 >>

join