It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America! Im sick of all your moaning and no action!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

We all got our problems and the last thing we should be doing here on ATS is acting like a bunch of school children...

We need to stick toghether and stop bickering!

HOLD THE LINE BOYS!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Not once have I said that Americans are fat and lazy!.. I have many American friends and colleagues, non of whom are fat and lazy.

I agree that this is a global crisis and the problems will come to all our doors. Your government is not only taking your freedom..They are so dis-respectfull that they are actually " Taking the piss" Thats what I find so hard to understand or get a grip of.

Maybe its because of our diffirent mentalities, I dont know?

Respects

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
well this is going no where fast... guess adding my 2 cents for no reason its just a insult contest now =P spent time on that post!! oh well

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The premise of any free society is that each individual is accountable for their own actions. The decision to act/react/complain/ignore is entirely their choice to make...so long as they are willing to accept the responsibilities of that decision and live with the consequences.

Injustices do happen. Should one act proactively to prevent injustice? Should they react when they happen? Should they speak out against injustice? Or should they just pretend that they didn't happen? That's a personal choice that depends on the nature of the individual facing that decision. That is entirely their prerogative.

However, once a decision (or lack thereof through denial/inaction) has been made, one has surrendered their right to legitimately complain about the consequences of that decision without being labeled a "whiner".

I personally was appalled at the injustices the American Government committed in the name of it's people for many years following 9/11 yet for the longest time, especially in those first few weeks after that tragic event, so few people spoke out or acted according to their conscience to what the government did. The people let their government get away with torture, murder, war, and even crimes against it's own citizens...and it wasn't until long after the fact that people started complaining about it. I guess they were too busy wearing Flag Lapels and getting lost in their Patriotic Nationalism to take a stand against the majority to be the minority voice that spoke out against these injustices.

In the end, I think I lost more respect for my fellow countrymen than I did my government. One can expect people in power, so far removed from the interests of their constituents, to make bad choices. However, one expects their neighbors to be more interested in making wiser choices for the sake of their family, their friends, and their neighbors. I guess they were more interested in pointing fingers at potential terrorist threats and spying in their neighbors window for DHS rather than act in a way that would make their children grow up proud.

Does the adage "Better late than never" really apply? What's done is done. You can't undo the past. However, you can learn from it. Perhaps the mistakes that the majority of people made to remain inactive and silent and to later complain and bitterly whine about things rather than acting upon their conscience when it truly mattered will make them think differently the next time their government does something that is unconscionable.

People genuinely need to remember that Democracies are "Of the People, By the People, and For the People". Governments only have the power that we choose to give them. We can take it away from them when they choose abuse it. I truly don't understand why people fear their governments when governments have every reason to fear the people they are supposed to represent. We have the power...we have the numbers...all the government has is hollow rhetoric, witty soundbytes, empty promises, and a military behind them made up of our neighbors and fellow citizens. Really, the only thing we have to fear is our own inaction or our fear to speak up when it is needed the most.

It does no good whining about it years after the fact unless you want to prove you are a petulant child who does not appreciate Freedom rather than a responsible adult who truly values Freedom and fights to uphold it for all people, not just for themselves.

So, people...if you want the benefits that come with the two-edged sword that is Freedom, then you must be willing to take personal accountability for your actions! Put up or shut up. Lead, follow or just get the heck out of the way.

(OP, have a stripe with your star!)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm an American and I'm sick of it too! I believe the citizens of each state have the capacity to self govern itself and that those few elects in Washington D.C can start upholding the constitution and stay out of the private sector. I'm afraid for America and it's going to take more than tea parties to fix it.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

The post above this one is so very true. You are insulting, when actually we ought to be sticking together.

The planet is a small place, and while we American people are having a rough time, when it hits across the pond, it is even more so.l

Instread of insulting, you might try working with us!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Disregard the preschoolers who try to twist the discussion back on you and Scotland.

I for one happen to agree with you - to some extent.
But it's far too late to place blame.

Here’s the problem - IMO.

The USA has been sewing up a storm and now it’s reaping the dubious rewards.

The people have been falling back on the Government to take the responsibility out of their hands for so long, that guess what?

Any TRUE rebel with leadership abilities who isn’t afraid to stand up and sacrifice something in life doesn‘t exist anymore.
It‘s an extinct animal in the USA.
The very blood and character of the founding fathers of America - once strong and independent has been weakened and washed out and bred out and squashed with the evolution of Government Dependency.

What’s left?
Everyone sitting around ready to *go*! Ready to *fight*! Ready to *take a stand*!
But there isn’t one red blooded American left who’s got what it takes to stand up and be a lead them.

There are no true leaders left in America.

Who is there?

Half the populace of sheep with their heads buried in the clover of fast food and video games and ignorance, the other sheeple are informed and *awake* but neither have one important thing - A strong take charge shepherd.

What worried me is this.
IMO the USA is SO RIPE for any true leader - that when one does rear his head from the feed bucket and say NO MORE - the people of the USA better be damn sure to vet him out completely, to know exactly who he really is and what his agenda is with no doubts.

Otherwise they’ll be following the lead lemming to the cliff and the only one who’ll have a life vest is the first one over.

peace

[edit on 24-4-2009 by silo13]

link   
reply to post by chapter29

Is that photo of the guy in the kilt you? only you seem to be missing your avater pic

Seriously though, dont think we all look like that. We only dress like that for the dollars from the American tourists.

link   
reply to post by parrallel

But diddnt the Brits disolve the scotish paralament not ot long ago? Sounds like you might be living under there heel. But I do agree this problem the world is facing isnt just an American Issue its a world issue and we are all Slaves to the Bankers and the Rich.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Scottish parliament is still there. hasnt been dissolved and is fighting its corner more nowadays than ever before due to the SNP involvement.

Respects

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Well if you really get to know us Americans that's exactly how we do things here. We start with the griping and moaning which turns into massive arguing then it becomes a grassroots movement before you know it we have an African American as president when just a few years ago that would have been an impossibility.

What you are perceiving as a weakening of our freedoms and rights is actually a demonstration of its strength.

You will hear Americans Arguing vigorously amongst themselves and to an outsider it may appear that the SHTF when in reality that's how we have done it since the beginning.

I would seriously try to get to know your "American Friends" a little better they will tell you the same.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

As a person I believe that telling the truth, whether you wish to accept it or not, is most deffinatly not insulting anyone.

I never started this thread to insult my american brothers and sisters. I started it to vent how I feel. I have the freedom to do that and would not lower myself to insult anyone. If you feel anything i have written is insulting that is your issue and not mine.

Respects

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Disregard the preschoolers who try to twist the discussion back on you and Scotland.

I for one happen to agree with you - to some extent.
But it's far too late to place blame.

Here’s the problem - IMO.

The USA has been sewing up a storm and now it’s reaping the dubious rewards.

The people have been falling back on the Government to take the responsibility out of their hands for so long, that guess what?

Any TRUE rebel with leadership abilities who isn’t afraid to stand up and sacrifice something in life doesn‘t exist anymore.
It‘s an extinct animal in the USA.
The very blood and character of the founding fathers of America - once strong and independent has been weakened and washed out and bred out and squashed with the evolution of Government Dependency.

What’s left?
Everyone sitting around ready to *go*! Ready to *fight*! Ready to *take a stand*!
But there isn’t one red blooded American left who’s got what it takes to stand up and be a lead them.

There are no true leaders left in America.

Who is there?

Half the populace of sheep with their heads buried in the clover of fast food and video games and ignorance, the other sheeple are informed and *awake* but neither have one important thing - A strong take charge shepherd.

What worried me is this.
IMO the USA is SO RIPE for any true leader - that when one does rear his head from the feed bucket and say NO MORE - the people of the USA better be damn sure to vet him out completely, to know exactly who he really is and what his agenda is with no doubts.

Otherwise they’ll be following the lead lemming to the cliff and the only one who’ll have a life vest is the first one over.

peace

[edit on 24-4-2009 by silo13]

Okay here is an Idea, how about a group of us hold a meeting to hammer out a document similar to the Decleration Of Independce? I know I have said it a few times. When send it everywhere and to everyone. Hows that for action? Maybe that may turn into real change?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Is that photo of the guy in the kilt you? only you seem to be missing your avater pic

Star for you..!

Back on Topic:

And yes, there are Americans that could use a good shot of "Wake the Hell UP", but why generalize everything in our regards..?

All I hear is 'ALL Americans need to wake' up or 'why are the Americans letting this happen..?'

We voted for change man, yet what is the time line for this change to take place..?

You don't see the absurdity in generalizing Americans (anyone for that matter) or expecting instant change..?

Can you give me a reasonable time line for these changes, or are you just throwing comments out there to rile people up..?

mmgrraa ited!

[edit on 4/24/2009 by chapter29]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Great I stand corrected.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

I think that there is only one action that can be taken and has to encompass as many people world wide as possible. There needs to be a 1 day world wide strike. As mentioned earlier we need to let them know that 6 bill? people have had enough of this nonsense. Its peacefull and makes the point needed. As far as timescales are concerned, that would be as long as it takes to get it organised.

The fact that a number of countries are involved dosnt mean that there needs to be millions from each country. Enough to hit the press would be enough.

I know when push comes to shove here in Scotland, that all tools will be downed and we can take it from there.

Respects

[edit on 24-4-2009 by captiva]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

People like to talk big, however their actions seem to often fall far short of their stated goal. Not that I'm complaining, really. What you're doing is calling for armed revolt and revolution, correct? An action which will cripple the United States, and perhaps destroy it's foundations (that is, after tall, the point of revolutions). This means society will take a hit, a society which provides the infrastructure which provides a HELL OF A LOT of people's the means to live and procure resources. A good many of them owe that infrastructure their very lives.

I'm not saying revolution is a bad thing... but it has dire consequences for ALL parties involved, and long lasting repercussions. Before you start promoting a revolt which will cost a lot of innocent people their lives, I suggest you step back and think it through. Make damned well sure it's the final and only recourse... because many of those who are going to suffer and possibly die are your own family members, neighbors, and friends.

Rattling the foundations of a society is not something to be taken lightly. Destroying it and rebuilding it is a slow, painful, and arduous process... and you might just find that someone else will quickly come and topple your visions of society in favor of theirs. Can you be sure the world you attempt to create will be better than the one you leave behind?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

The rumor that americans are fat and lazy are just that....rumors.

Actually, Americans are about 6th in rank for fattest, not first.

And we work more hours then any other industrialized nation.

The first shock my foreign friends always receive when coming here is the brutal work pace.

anywhooo...

You gotta consider what site you are on. I hate to say it, but people on this site are pretty whiney, and many are dramatic.

it really isn't as bad as they make it out to be.

And I think many don't realize how good they have it. All this talk about government oppression and rights being taken away.

I am happy that as a female, I can get a job, I don't have to cross my legs when sitting in teh same room as a man.

There are not arranged marriages, or automatic forced military service after high school.

You can choose where you want to live, come and go at will. What you do for a living. Many of us can choose what religion we want to practise.

If my child gets sick, I can run to the corner and get medicine.

If there is an emergency, there are three hospitals I can go too.

I can wear what I want.

We go to the store and have choices of 5o different kinds of kethup, jeans, and cars. There are stores in easy locations for the majority of the population.

Just about everyone has electricity. Just about everyone has electric power.
Everyone has access to a phone.

We even have shelters for pets. Many places don't even have shelters for people.

There is immediate help from police if we need it.

we have a fantastic national park system. Here we have a great state park system. And many local parks.

WE have museums, childrens museums, and many planetariums, and observation centers.

We have driveable roads. And stringent safey services to make cars safe as possible.

Me, I am grateful. I realized how grateful I was when my child got sick and i drove a few hours to find a 24 hour pharmacy to get him some medicine for a fever.

Whiney Americans need to stop and think how good they have it.

The Navajo Nation just got water rights after three generations. No other group of Americans would of let three weeks go past without rioting.

Now granted we have these rights because Americans are so hypervigilant and alarmists. But they cold reign it in a little.

It is not perfect, and not to say we don't have our problems. But considering how young this country is, I think we have made really good progress in a short amount of time.

BTW, hi there in Scotland, I really hope to visit someday! I always hear how fantastic it is there.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

I am not promoting anything. If I were it would be based on the consiquences that the population of America is now suffering. Where is your line in the sand?, or do you wait till there is no sand left to draw it on?

My OP is based on gripes and moans. If you want to live by inaction thats fine, just dont moan about the situation you are in if that is the path you choose to take.

Respects

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

A well thought out list of what you have. Question? Do you have the respect of those that you have chosen to govern you? Do you have the freedoms you had 10 years ago and do you personally think that your freedom will be further eroded?

Sometimes its not about what you have, its about what you are loosing or about to loose.

Respects

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join