It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Castle on a Tor...in Indiana...What is this place?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Mount Metamora castle is on route 52, 9 miles from Metamora Indiana. It is open on Saturdays. It calls itself a religious site and has thousands of religious and historical relics, all of which are on display. There is a thirty two foot cross at the left of the castle and on the treacherous walk up there are stations of the cross. The castle is split up into thirds; one third chapel(you may enter), one third crypt of Christ(you may look into), and the third part and tower is a hermitage(closed). There are also several out buildings at the base of the mount which are also open and full of artifacts. You are allowed to seemingly wander freely as long as you want and the only employee is in the museum. It does seem a little creepy and it is also weird that there is satellite service in the hermitage, hard to picture religious hermits watching TV. This is also the only place in Metamora we could get cell use. The man that greets you does not give any real info on the whys or wheres of the place and I was shocked that there was nothing on the net. Hope that helps.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

It resembles a Tor and is just plunked down in Indiana without explanation. It just begs the question, Why?

Answer is really simple: America does not have any castles, so somebody made one.

I can tell you, Americans are just obsessed with castles. Being a Brit, it's about the only thing Americans are interested in seeing when they come here. Medieval construction is just something which doesn't exist in America, so somebody has decided to attempt to create some. Personally I'm not impressed with it, it looks artificial

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja

It resembles a Tor and is just plunked down in Indiana without explanation. It just begs the question, Why?

Answer is really simple: America does not have any castles, so somebody made one.

I can tell you, Americans are just obsessed with castles. Being a Brit, it's about the only thing Americans are interested in seeing when they come here. Medieval construction is just something which doesn't exist in America, so somebody has decided to attempt to create some. Personally I'm not impressed with it, it looks artificial

hehe I am American and LOVE looking at castles. They are beautiful! You are lucky to have such wonderful things with amazing history behind them.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Have any of you seen these links... they seems to provide some explanation about the site your & answer some of your questions.

I'm not implying credibility... only sharing a link...

www.vqronline.org...

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

No, there was a definite attempt to hype it up or suggest that this is some sort of mystery.

Well..in fairness to the OP, this is actually a mystery to the OP...that's why the thread and questions are being asked.

No...a mystery is something that cannot be solved..... this can be... with a little research and a few emails or phone calls.

At the risk of coming across as uber pedantic, a mystery is something that HASN'T been solved, not something which cannot be solved...it's only a mystery, until it isn't. And by posting the thread and asking questions, the OP is doing research..right here on ATS.

Why so confrontational?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

LOL

Really? This thread is 6 years old man... and I'm sure me and the OP sorted it out.

Sheesh....

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: strauth

I do not know very much about this place. However, I do know that in the area of Metamora, Laurel, Brookville, Lakeview, and Connersville there is a strong messonic [FREEMASON] culture.

Not to mention in this same area there has been several sites of animal sacrifices and cult activity. I live in the area and would love to get out of the area however, helping people overcome in the spiritual realm is what I try to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join