It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Determination, beauty, Skill, The unappreciated form!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Something not often seen, so very often unapprectiated.

Human skill, detirmination and beauty.

We are capable of so much in such simple ways, that we often overlook the most amazing abilities we have.

Very few of you will realize the amazing beauty and significance of this seemingly unimportant video.

Your thoughts...

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SkitzoFrenic

What a fun video to watch! It's amazing how this guy makes the bike he rides and extension of himself.

It reminded me a lot of 2 of my sons, who are semi pro skate boarders. I watch them through laced fingers at times for the death defying feats they perform! That, and a few trips to the hospital!

I tried video taping them at times, but couldn't do it! Just to much for a mother to bear, I suppose!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Thanks, that was a wonderful expression of beauty and skill much like a dance. Aesthetics and art is not limited by media.

Fear no ART!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Which is why I understand the incredible beauty of this video.

I skateboard myself, and watching this, I understand the beauty, danger, difficulty and most of all...the sheer detirmination and practice that needs to go into accomplishing these feats.

We so ofter underestimate ourselves of what we are able to accomplish when we have the drive and detirmination to accomplish our goals.

for me, this is the ultimate display of human capabibility.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by SkitzoFrenic]

[edit on 24-4-2009 by SkitzoFrenic]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I love how after he finishes everyone walks over to were he was at with the big look of WTF on their faces.

Yeah I used to do crazy stuff skateboarding, (After 6 years of that, you wouldn't believe the things one can do!) but I've never seen bikes before, very interesting.

new topics

top topics

join