It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Democrats Refuse to Allow Skeptic to Testify Alongside Gore At Congressional Hearing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Freedom of speech?

Deny ignorance?

More proof that the democrats don't believe in either - this time on the climate control - (so-called) global warming debate.

Read the following to see democrats in action looking for ways to spend ever more of your taxes on ways to "combat" "global warming", while they attempt to silence any opposing views:

article

UK's Lord Christopher Monckton, a former science advisor to Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, claimed House Democrats have refused to allow him to appear alongside former Vice President Al Gore at high profile global warming hearing on Friday April 24, 2009 at 10am in Washington. Monckton told Climate Depot that the Democrats rescinded his scheduled joint appearance at the House Energy and Commerce hearing on Friday. Monckton said he was informed that he would not be allowed to testify alongside Gore when his plane landed from England Thursday afternoon.

“The House Democrats don't want Gore humiliated, so they slammed the door of the Capitol in my face,” Monckton told Climate Depot in an exclusive interview. “They are cowards.”

According to Monckton, Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas), Ranking Member on the Energy & Commerce Committee, had invited him to go head to head with Gore and testify at the hearing on Capitol Hill Friday. But Monckton now says that when his airplane from London landed in the U.S. on Thursday, he was informed that the former Vice-President had “chickened out” and there would be no joint appearance. Gore is scheduled to testify on Friday to the Subcommittee on Energy and the Environment's fourth day of hearings on the American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009. The hearing will be held in 2123 Rayburn House Office Building.

If this weren't standard operating procedure for democrats, I'd be calling it a shocking abuse of power.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Very good find, But I just dont think its the dems failure here to its our goverment as a whol and the high jacking of this nation by a minority of far left loons, who have lots of money and lots of power. Maybe when CAP and Trade is intitated and the taxpayers pay thousands of more dollars on everything else, maybe then they will get a hint. Do ya think?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What a sham!

If Global Warming is going to be the catalyst for the upcoming cap and trade scam, they just can't afford any facts to get in the way.

But like the Dems say these days; "The nation sent a clear message in the elections" which obviously means absolute power without debate!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Freedom of speech?

Deny ignorance?

More proof that the democrats don't believe in either - this time on the climate control - (so-called) global warming debate.

Read the following to see democrats in action looking for ways to spend ever more of your taxes on ways to "combat" "global warming", while they attempt to silence any opposing views:

article

UK's Lord Christopher Monckton, a former science advisor to Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, claimed House Democrats have refused to allow him to appear alongside former Vice President Al Gore at high profile global warming hearing on Friday April 24, 2009 at 10am in Washington. Monckton told Climate Depot that the Democrats rescinded his scheduled joint appearance at the House Energy and Commerce hearing on Friday. Monckton said he was informed that he would not be allowed to testify alongside Gore when his plane landed from England Thursday afternoon.

“The House Democrats don't want Gore humiliated, so they slammed the door of the Capitol in my face,” Monckton told Climate Depot in an exclusive interview. “They are cowards.”

According to Monckton, Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas), Ranking Member on the Energy & Commerce Committee, had invited him to go head to head with Gore and testify at the hearing on Capitol Hill Friday. But Monckton now says that when his airplane from London landed in the U.S. on Thursday, he was informed that the former Vice-President had “chickened out” and there would be no joint appearance. Gore is scheduled to testify on Friday to the Subcommittee on Energy and the Environment's fourth day of hearings on the American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009. The hearing will be held in 2123 Rayburn House Office Building.

If this weren't standard operating procedure for democrats, I'd be calling it a shocking abuse of power.

Hey hey,, Congressional Democrats! I am a dem and I want to get to the bottom of this as well as you do.
Tho IMHO I don't think people are completely to blame for our current situation, I think its the cycle of the earth. I think we are just confusing our mother earth on where her cycle may be at the moment.

Please dont glom me in with the ignorance of others.

Hugs, Dax

[edit on 24-4-2009 by ImzadiDax]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Centurian, good find , good post. S&F
IMO and I'm no climatologist this whole scenario smacks of a scam.

Gore has been pushing this agenda, and by the way he's no climatologist either, he's a businessman, in spite of the fact that a good portion of the scientific community doesn't agree with his findings or at a minimum cannot duplicate his conclusions.

He is a businessman plain and simple, and apparently a darn good one....his net worth has increased tremendously since leaving public office.

www.thedeal.com...

His carbon trading scheme seems to have attracted quite a bit of attention in the banking and his finance circles as well...

www.humanevents.com...

IMO we are watching the unfolding of the latest large scale business scam...

In the 70s it was the oil shortage scare, there was no shortage, and quite a few people got extremely wealthy.

In the 80s it was the savings and loan crisis, orchestrated and quite a few people got extremely wealthy.

IN the 90s we had the tech bubble burst, this consolidated quite a bit of control of the industry into the hands of a very few, who got extremely wealthy.

Now in the early part of this century we have a carbon trading scheme that threatens to raid the coffers of the industrialized nations...we already see the emerging beneficeries of this wealth generator.

Al Gore is the latest in a long line of scammers who unfortunately in the end seem to come out smelling like roses (Bushes, Clintons, Soros, Paulson, etc..) while the taxpayers of the world foot the bill once again.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImzadiDax

Tho IMHO I don't think people are completely to blame for our current situation, I think its the cycle of the earth. I think we are just confusing our mother earth on where her cycle may be at the moment.

Please dont glom me in with the ignorance of others.

Hugs, Dax

[edit on 24-4-2009 by ImzadiDax]

No worries. I believe we are in complete agreement ...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Has anyone mentioned yet, that Gore benefits financially from his Carbon credit schemes? Maybe that doesn't matter to some folks, but where I'm from it is called a conflict of interests.

From Canada Free Press::

There's an elephant in global warming's living room that few in the mainstream media want to talk about: the creators of the carbon credit scheme are the ones cashing in on it. The two cherub like choirboys singing loudest in the Holier Than Thou Global Warming Cathedral are Maurice Strong and Al Gore.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Congressional hearing or congressional lovefest?

OK lets go ahead and have hearings on enhanced interrogations, but lets only allow Bush administration participants to talk.

That's fair....right?

The 2010 elections are not far away. I am looking forward to a Republican takeover. How will Democrats react when we use their rules against them? Nevermind......Republicans are too nice when they are in power.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Congressional hearing or congressional lovefest?

OK lets go ahead and have hearings on enhanced interrogations, but lets only allow Bush administration participants to talk.

That's fair....right?

The 2010 elections are not far away. I am looking forward to a Republican takeover. How will Democrats react when we use their rules against them? Nevermind......Republicans are too nice when they are in power.

Probably just about the way you are reacting now, not much different.

Just the same old cycle of stonewalling... yer turn next.

Well you just had your turn

BTW the Way 2 nice???

thats rich as anything

cheers

[edit on 25-4-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This guy has quite a colorful history. It appears he's got as much of an agenda as Gore. I don't blame Congress for not giving him a platform.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
This guy has quite a colorful history. It appears he's got as much of an agenda as Gore. I don't blame Congress for not giving him a platform.

en.wikipedia.org...

So, even if we accept your point of view that he has as much of an agenda as Gore, then shouldn't he also be allowed to speak if Gore was?

BTW, have you taken a look at the disinfo agent thread here?

[edit on 4/28/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find another job.

I hear home depot is hiring.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find another job.

And the less than 4 years you have remaining on yours will never give you enough time to get vested. Better start looking now yourself.

Seriously, how is it not being hypocritical to suggest only Gore should be allowed to "preach"?

new topics

top topics

join