It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Dr.Edgar Mitchell a LIAR??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I Can't believe an American Hero such as him would lie when he says the following:

"I did take my story to the Pentagon-not NASA, but the Pentagon-and asked for a meeting with the Intelligence Committee of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and got it. I told them my story and what I know and eventually had that confirmed by the admiral that I spoke with, that indeed what I was saying was true." (regarding Roswell)

ufos.about.com...

I mean so did he just dream he met a real general? The man is totally sane and has no reason to open himself up to ridicule like this, but is extremely brave and probably risking his life (whats left of it) in trying to force the governments hand.

I don't see how they or any skeptic can ignor what he's saying anymore

[edit on 24-4-2009 by atsbeliever]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by atsbeliever

Being objective, Dr Edgar Mitchell isn't adding anything more to UFOlogy than a skunk works thread entitled 'Aliens are here.' His claims are usually slightly removed from the personal, first hand account. An example is during the legendary Kerrang interview, "Some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on it." He makes no claims that he experienced anything himself and the briefings refer to others.

He references the release of UFO files by Brazil, UK, France etc. He relates accounts of being told that Roswell was an alien crash site. He believes disclosure is approaching and that disinfo is a method of diluting a 'reality' of UFOs. Listen to his choice of language, 'I suspect...', 'I believe...', 'I think...'etc. Ultimately, he concludes that, 'Obviously, if they were hostile, we'd be gone by now.' A lot of ATSers have drawn the same conclusions and make the same claims.

Given the circles Dr Mitchell undoubtedly moves in, when he refers to 'sources' we attribute more validity to them. The facts are that we don't know who his sources are. We can't know how good their evidence is or what reasons they have for sharing it with Dr Mitchell.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
From what I understand, he was a local boy from Roswell and some witnesses had confided with him on what actually happened because they trusted him. He did not have first hand knowledge of the crash. He probably confirmed what he was told, what he knew, with said admiral that probably was an inside govt. source. The conduit is closing.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Guys - like another poster said on another thread about this: He probably (yes, I said probably) CAN'T give out names and even say that he, for sure, saw something because TPTB would kick his ass!
I don't think Mitchell would just go out on a limb and start poppin' this all off if he didn't know something.
Put yourselves in his shoes... He's trying to tell us something by being discreet.
Come on people... How many of you would not believe it if Obama himself disclosed??? Seriously...
Give the man some credit, damn it...
Sorry.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The man, Dr. Edgar Mitchell, deserves our respect.

It is about time we all grow up...

Our species needs to become 'adults'....this will not happen quickly, of course. What is needed is a very "earth-shattering" shaking of our comfortable paradigm....not to hurt us, but just to pound some sense of understanding into people's heads....call it the real 'Shock and Awe'.

From a more gentle standpoint, consider when you first realized that Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy weren't real. (Or, for other ATS members that grew up in different cultures, please insert your various childhood fantasies...)

Well, using that as an analogy....I think most of us are ready for the truth.

Consider this video.....

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever
I Can't believe an American Hero such as him would lie when he says the following:

So, if you agree with him, he's speaking the true and there's no need to seek independent confirmation? That's an interesting system.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

It's your "system" Gawdzilla, you just made it up. Notice that the poster you are quoting didn't say what you said. You were putting words in their mouth and bashing your own fantasy strawman, as per usual.

What they said doesn't mean or imply that Mitchell's comments alone were used to reach any conclusion.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

It's your "system" Gawdzilla, you just made it up. Notice that the poster you are quoting didn't say what you said. You were putting words in their mouth and bashing your own fantasy strawman, as per usual.

What they said doesn't mean or imply that Mitchell's comments alone were used to reach any conclusion.

I thought you had me on "ignore"?

Anyway, it's a game you play here, rewording a statement. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to do that. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I thought you had me on "ignore"?

Anyway, it's a game you play here, rewording a statement. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to do that. Sorry.

I did. I took you off when I saw your name on the topic list as the latest poster on this thread, asking if Mitchell was a "LIAR?". I just had to see how you had replied. LOL.

You didn't disappoint me.

Or rather, you did. Your misrepresentations always disappoint me. What I mean is, your comment was skewed, as expected.

You didn't "reword", you added and misrepresented.

But your apology is accepted and I shall return you to your ignored status. Bye.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

I did. I took you off when I saw your name on the topic list as the latest poster on this thread, asking if Mitchell was a "LIAR?". I just had to see how you had replied. LOL.

You didn't disappoint me.

Or rather, you did. Your misrepresentations always disappoint me. What I mean is, your comment was skewed, as expected.

You didn't "reword", you added and misrepresented.

Whatever. You didn't have me on "ignore", you were just looking for a chance to attack me again.

As for Mitchell, anybody believe him? If so, why?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
its not just Dr.Edgar Mitchell theres many more well respected people out there! mirroring his views! and experiences.

but if you dont want to beleive you wont!

[edit on 24-4-2009 by theflashor]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by atsbeliever

Dr Mitchell is saying the same stories as before. It is not that he is lying, he is just not adding any new information to the subject. I would like a list of the people who admitted seeing an extraterrestrial craft or body, but that probably will not happen until they are long gone.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by theflashor
its not just Dr.Edgar Mitchell theres many more well respected people out there! mirroring his views! and experiences.

but if you dont want to beleive you wont!

[edit on 24-4-2009 by theflashor]

And if you believe, nothing will change your mind. Not even the facts.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Are UFOs real? Here are some quotes made by prominent individuals:
"
It is impossible for any man-made machine to make a sudden appearance in front of a jumbo jet that is flying 910 kilometers per hour and to remain in steady formation paralleling our aircraft. ... Honestly, we were simply breathtaken."
Japan Airlines pilot Kenju Terauchi in 1986

"This is the first sighting in Zimbabwe where airborne pilots have tried to intercept a UFO. As far as my Air Staff is concerned, we believe implicitly that the unexplained UFOs are from civilizations beyond our planet."
Air Commodore David Thorne, Director of General Operations for the Zimbabwe Air Force in 1985.

"The security guard called and said,Sir, there's a glowing red object hovering right outside the front gate. I've got all the men out here with their weapons drawn. We lost between
16-18 ICBMs (nuclear tipped Inter Continental Ballistic Missiles) at the same time UFOs were in the area. (A high ranking Air Force officer) said,"Stop the investigation; do no more on this and do not write a final report. I heard that many of the guards that reported the incident were sent off to Vietnam."
Captain Robert Salas, USAF, during a videotaped interview for the Disclosure program.

"It was the darndest thing I've ever seen. It was big, it was very bright, it changed colours, and it was about the size of the moon. We watched it for ten minutes, but none of us could figure out what it was. One thing's for sure: I'll never make fun of people who say they've seen unidentified flying objects in the sky.
Former President of the United States, Jimmy Carter following his sighting along with many others of a UFO at Leary, Georgia in October 1969.

"I have frequently been asked why a person of my background 'a former Chief of the Defence Staff, a former Chairman of the NATO Military Committee' why I think there is a cover-up (of) the facts about UFOs. I believe governments fear that if they did disclose those facts, people would panic. I don't believe that at all. There is a serious possibility that we are being visited by people from outer space. It behoves us to find out who they are, where they come from, and what they want."
Lord Admiral Hill-Norton (GCB), Chief of Defense Staff, Ministry of Defense, Britain; Chairman, Military Committee of NATO; Admiral of the Fleet; Member of House of Lords.

"It is time for the truth to be brought out in open Congressional hearings. Behind the scenes high ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense."
Admiral Hillenkoetter-the first Director of the CIA, 1947-50.
February 27, 1960.

"Headquarters wouldn't let us go after it and we played around a little bit. We got to watching how it made 90 degree turns at this high speed and everything. We knew it wasn't a missile of any type, so then we confirmed it with the radar control station, and they kept following it, and then it crashed somewhere off between Texas and the Mexico border."
Colonel Robert Willingham, USAF from an Sworn Affidavit in the 1970's when discussing a sighting of a UFO whilst he was navigating an F94 jet on September 6th 1950.

"Flying saucers are real. Too many good men have seen them, that don't have hallucinations."
Captain Eddie Rickenbacker. World War I air ace.

"UFOs sighted in Indonesia are identical with those sighted in other countries. Sometimes they pose a problem for our Air Defence and once we were obliged to open fire on them."
Air Marshall Nurjadin Roesmin, Commander in Chief of the Indonesian Air Force in 1967.

"The most spectacular UFO incident in Indonesia occurred when during the height of President Sukarno's confrontation in Malaysia, UFOs penetrated a well defended area in Java for two weeks at a stretch, and each time were welcomed with perhaps the heaviest anti-aircraft barrage in history."
Air Commodore J. Salutun, National Aerospace Council of Indonesia, and a Member of the Indonesian Parliament in 1967.

"And don't tell me they were reflections, I know they were solid objects."
Lieutenant D. A Swimley, USAF in 1953 following the sighting of 8 UFOs that were confirmed on radar and witnessed numerous other people including commercial pilots and police officers.

"Something is going on in the skies that we do not understand. If all the airline pilots and Air Force pilots who have seen UFOs and sometimes chased them have been the victims of hallucinations, then an awful lot of pilots should be taken off and forbidden to fly."
Captain Kervendal, French Gendarmerie.

"The Air Force had put out a secret order for its pilots to capture UFOs. For the last six months we have been working with a congressional committee investigating official secrecy concerning proof that UFOs are real machines under intelligent..."
Major Donald Keyhoe,during a live TV broadcast on CBS in 1958 in which he was pulled from the air when he began to deviate from the prepared format of the programme.

"It appears to be a metallic object...tremendous in size, directly ahead and slightly above.I am trying to close for a better look."
Captain Thomas Mantell, USAF. These were his last words as he closed in on a UFO in 1948. Minutes later his plane was to crash and he was to lose his life.

"This was no ordinary UFO. Scores of people saw it. It was no illusion, no deception, no imagination."
Air Marshall Azim Daudpota, Zimbabwe speaking about a UFO sighting over the country in 1985.

"More than 10,000 sightings have been reported, the majority of which cannot be accounted for by any scientific explanation, eg that they are hallucinations, the effects of light refraction, meteors, wheels falling from aeroplanes, and the like. They have been tracked on radar screens and the observed speeds have been as great as 9,000 mph. I am convinced that these objects do exist and they are not manufactured by any nation on earth. I can therefore see no alternative to accepting the theory that they come from an extraterrestrial source."
Air Chief Marshall Lord Dowding, Commanding Officer of the RAF during WWII.

"I am convinced there was thought behind the thing's manoeuvres".
Lieutenant George Gorman, F51 pilot after being in a 30 minute dogfight with a small UFO in 1948.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The phenomenon of UFOs does exist, and it must be treated seriously".
Mikhail Gorbachev,
Premiere of the Soviet Union.
Interview as reported in 'Soviet Youth',May 4th,1990.

"There are many reasons to beleive that they(UFOs)do exist:there is so much evidence from reliable witnessess".
Prince Philip,
Duke of Edinburgh,
London sunday Dispatch,March 28th,1954.

"For the government to continue to maintain that UFOs are non-existent in the face of the documents already released and of other cogent evidence presented in this book is puerile and ,in a sense, an insult to the American people".
Dr J Allen Hyneck,Phd,
Former scientist with Project Bluebook.

"We have stacks of reports about flying saucers.We take them seriously when you consider we have lost many men and planes trying to intercept them".
General Benjamin Chidlaw,
Air Defense Command.

"The number of thoughtful,intelligent,educated people in full possession of their faculties who have 'seen something' and described it grows every day.We can say catergoricaly that mysterious objects have indeed appeared and continue to appear in the sky that surrounds us".
General Lionel M Chassin,
French Air Forces,
Air Defense Coodinator of the allied forces of NATO.

"UFO sightings are now so common,the military doesn't have time to worry about them....When a UFO appears,they simply ignore it.Unconventional targets are ignored because apparently we are only interested in the Russian targets,possible enemy targets.Something that hovers in the air ,then shoots off at 5000 miles per hour doesn't interest us because it can't be the enemy.
UFOs are picked up by ground and air radar and they have been photographed by gun camera all along.There are so many UFOs in the sky that the airforce has had to employ special radar networks to screen them out".
Lee Katchen,
NASA atmospheric physicist,June 7th,1968.

"Of course it is possible that UFO's really do contain aliens as many people believe, and the Government is hushing it up."
Comment by Stephen Hawking (world renowned astrophysicist) on C Span Television-guest lecturer at the second Millennium Evening at the White House on March 6, 1998.

"We must insist upon full access to disks recovered. For instance, in the La case the Army grabbed it and would not let us have it for cursory examination."
J Edgar Hoover-authenticated memo.

"In my official status, I cannot comment on ET contact. However, personally, I can assure you, we are not alone!
Charles J. Camarda (Ph.D.) NASA Astronaut

More than 10,000 sightings have been reported, the majority of which cannot be accounted for by any scientific explanation... I am convinced that these objects do exist and that they are not manufactured by any nation on Earth." "I can therefore see no alternative to accepting the theory that they come from some extraterrestrial source.
Air Chief Marshal Lord Dowding, Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Air Force Fighter Command during the Battle of Britain, printed in Sunday Dispatch, London, July 11, 1954.

"I've been convinced for a long time that the flying saucers are real and interplanetary. Another words we are being watched by beings from outer space."
Albert M. Chop, deputy public relations director, National Aeronautics and Space Administration,(NASA) and former United States Air Force spokesman for Project Blue Book.

"It is my thesis that flying saucers are real and that they are space ships from another solar system.There is no doubt in my mind that these objects are interplanetary craft of some sort. I and my colleagues are confident that they do not originate in our solar system."
Dr. Herman Oberth (The father of modern rockerty)

"I am completely convinced that UFOs have an out-of-world basis."
Dr. Walther Riedel (Once chief designer and research director at the German rocket center in Peenemunde)

"The possibility of reduced-time interstellar travel either by advanced extraterrestrial civilizations at present or ourselves in the future, is not fundamentally constrained by physical principles."
Dr. Harold Puthoff (Director, Institute for advanced studies at Austin, Author of fundamentals of Quantum Electronics)

The least improbable explanation is that these things are artificial and controlled ... My opinion for some time has been that they have an extraterrestrial origin."
Dr. Maurice Biot (leading aerodynamicists and mathematical physicist)

I feel that the Air Force has not been giving out all the available information on the Unidentified Flying Objects. You cannot disregard so many unimpeachable sources."
John W. McCormack, Speaker of the House of Representatives of the United States. January (1965)

"I certainly believe in aliens in space, and that they are indeed visiting our planet. They may not look like us, but I have very strong feelings that they have advanced beyond our mental capabilities."
Senator Barry Goldwater (1965)
(Retired Air Force Brigadier General and pilot with many decades of flying experience)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Lots of talk. No proof. Is that the best you've got?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
Lots of talk. No proof. Is that the best you've got?

Lol ...I think the PTB have your paycheck ready for ya Gawdzilla...
I mean you are saying that all these people are lieing?

And then there is this .
A well recorded and little known event in the Western world would be the events of the Utsuro Bune. This is a myth dating from circa 1800 Japan. It states that a USO ( unidentified submerged object) washed up on the shore. The inhabitants of the village witnessed the object on the shore stating that is was spherical with strange writing on it. Out of the capsule came a woman dressed in fine clothing.
www.youtube.com...

I dont think it matters how many witness reports there are , you will never open your mind enough to realize we are not alone.
Its kinda sad really.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Reevster

"This is a myth dating from circa 1800 Japan."

I agree with you. It's a myth. See, that wasn't hard.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
reply to post by Reevster

"This is a myth dating from circa 1800 Japan."

I agree with you. It's a myth. See, that wasn't hard.

Like I said, go collect your pay check, you are doing fine work here it appears, read my sig......

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reevster Like I said, go collect your pay check, you are doing fine work here it appears, read my sig......

News for you. Everybody here, except you, is a disinformation agent. We're ALL in this conspiracy together. Just though you'd like to know.

As for Mitchell, if we can swim upstream against the derails, what proof has he presented that would stand up in court?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join