It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which FDNY called Larry?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I remember getting a call from the, uh, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, "You know we've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is, is pull it." Uh, and they made that decision to pull and then we watched the building collapse.

Has it ever been revealed?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by screwedagain

Good question, but if I understand correctly the way the whole thing ended up playing out was that "Larry" was basically talking out of his rear end in that clip.

The truther will tell you that the NYFD called old Larry and asked him if it was ok to demo the building and Larry said "pull it" and then they watched the building collapse.

The Debunker will tell you that the NYFD called old Larry to tell him they couldn't contain the fires and that they were going to let it burn out. Larry being the caring guy he is told the NYFD to "pull.." the firefighters out of the building and that they later watched it collapse.

Either way you look at it what Larry said makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
For one its the FDNY - it was Chief Daniel Nigro, who assumed command
when the department chief Peter Ganci and 1st Deputy Commissioner
Bill Feehan were killed in the collapse.

Here is Chief Nigro's message regarding his decision that day

Release date: September 23, 2007

Regarding WTC 7: The long-awaited US Government NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) report on the collapse of WTC 7 is due to be published at the end of this year (although it has been delayed already a few times [ adding fuel to the conspiracy theorists fires!]). That report should explain the cause and mechanics of the collapse in great detail. Early on the afternoon of September 11th 2001, following the collapse of WTC 1 & 2, I feared a collapse of WTC 7 (as did many on my staff).

The reasons are as follows:

1 - Although prior to that day high-rise structures had never collapsed, The collapse of WTC 1 & 2 showed that certain high-rise structures subjected to damage from impact and from fire will collapse.
2. The collapse of WTC 1 damaged portions of the lower floors of WTC 7.
3. WTC 7, we knew, was built on a small number of large columns providing an open Atrium on the lower levels.
4. numerous fires on many floors of WTC 7 burned without sufficient water supply to attack them.

For these reasons I made the decision (without consulting the owner, the mayor or anyone else - as ranking fire officer, that decision was my responsibility) to clear a collapse zone surrounding the building and to stop all activity within that zone. Approximately three hours after that order was given, WTC 7 collapsed.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit.

Regards, Dan Nigro
Chief of Department FDNY (retired)

Not that I expect you to believe it.....

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Sorry, but creating a collapse zone around a building and "pulling" a building are two totally different things.

Shortly after Larry talked about pulling building 7 in the PBS documentary, they started talking about pulling building 6. The following link is a short video clip of them talking about pulling building 6:

whatreallyhappened.com...

So we have 2 people talking about pulling buildings. People like "thedman" would have us believe one of them is talking about evacuating a building (WTC7) and the other we know for a fact they were talking about demolishing a building (WTC6). And yet WTC7 looked and fell exactly like a demolished building. So with just the video evidence alone, we can assume that Larry was talking about demolishing WTC7.

Let's take a look at some facts and more evidence that will corroborate the above:

There were no firefighters in WTC7 to "pull":

From the FEMA Report:

"No manual firefighting actions were taken by FDNY."

From Popular Mechanics:

"There was no firefighting in WTC 7."

From The New York Times:

"By 11:30 a.m., the fire commander in charge of that area, Assistant Chief Frank Fellini, ordered firefighters away from [WTC 7] for safety reasons."

Now that we've established that there were no firefighters in WTC7 to pull, let's take a look at other facts and evidence:

As we've discussed in other threads about the towers and explosions destroying the lobbies and lower levels when the planes hit a quarter mile up, debunkers like to say the explosions in the lower levels were from the jet fuel fireball. That claim is completely impossible because fire and heat travel up not down.

You will be interested to know that there were also explosions going off in the lower levels of WTC7 as well. If you haven't seen the following video already, it's an interview of Emergency Coordinator Barry Jennings who talks about the explosions that trapped him and a co-worker and that also destroyed the lobby in WTC7 as well. Mind you he states BOTH planes had already hit, so the explosions weren't from impacting aircraft. And BOTH towers were visually still standing. Here is the video of the interview:

www.youtube.com...

Next we have an NYPD officer, Craig Bartmer, who was interviewed by the Loose Change guys and this is part of his testimony:

"I walked around it (Building 7). I saw a hole. I didn't see a hole bad enough to knock a building down, though. Yeah there was definitely fire in the building, but I didn't hear any... I didn't hear any creaking, or... I didn't hear any indication that it was going to come down. And all of a sudden the radios exploded and everyone started screaming 'get away, get away, get away from it!'... It was at that moment... I looked up, and it was nothing I would ever imagine seeing in my life. The thing started peeling in on itself... Somebody grabbed my shoulder and I started running, and the #'s hitting the ground behind me, and the whole time you're hearing "boom, boom, boom, boom, boom." I think I know an explosion when I hear it... Yeah it had some damage to it, but nothing like what they're saying... Nothing to account for what we saw..."

Here's the video of the full interview:

www.dailymotion.com...

To sum things up, debunkers continue to deny the actual evidence and facts of that day and explain things away so that they don't have to believe in such a conspiracy. However, the video evidence and the witness testimony of very credible witnesses says otherwise.

WTC1, WTC2 and WTC7 were brought down with explosives on 9/11. Just for the lobbies of all 3 buildings to be destroyed on 9/11 at the start of the day after both planes had already impacted, ALONE says that explosives were planted in the buildings PRIOR to 9/11.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
From what I've seen,and from what firefighters have personally confirmed to me, is that the term, "pull it" is an expression meaning to extract firefighters (all of them) out of a bad area. It comes from the old days before radio, when the crews outside would give the fire hose a good sharp pull to signal to the crews inside to get out, and NOW! Thus, he wasn't saying "pull it" as in reference to the building, nor was he saying "pull it" as a slip of the tongue imeaning pull THEM. He was saying, "pull it" becuase that's the actual phrase used to describe the action of getting firefighters out of a bad area. Once we take that into consideration, the rest of Silverstein's statement of "pulling it" to prevent more loss of life makes perfect sense.

Moreover, being a developer and lease holder, it's clear we would have had much, much, MUCH more contact with fire department authorities in his transactions I.E. inspectors, getting permits, following fire codes, than he ever would with demolitions technicians.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Apparently you didn't take the time to digest my entire post above or watch the video clip of them talking about pulling WTC6. In case my post above wasn't clear enough, maybe this will be...

Jeff from pumpitout.com called Controlled Demolition, Inc. (CDI) and asked what "pull it" means. Here's what CDI said:

CDI: "Pull it" is when they actually pull it down.

Here's the recording of the phone call:
www.pumpitout.com...

And here's the definition of "pull down"

pull down -
1. To demolish; destroy: pull down an old office building.
2. To reduce to a lower level.

I hope that this post and my post above are abundantly clear.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by _BoneZ_]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
You will be interested to know that there were also explosions going off in the lower levels of WTC7 as well. If you haven't seen the following video already, it's an interview of Emergency Coordinator Barry Jennings who talks about the explosions that trapped him and a co-worker and that also destroyed the lobby in WTC7 as well. Mind you he states BOTH planes had already hit, so the explosions weren't from impacting aircraft. And BOTH towers were visually still standing. Here is the video of the interview:

I've had this discussion in another forum. He never said any such thing about explosions going off before the planes hit. He said he was "trapped in WTC 7 when both towers fell", and he WAS trapped in WTC when the towers fell. He was trapped specifically BECUASE the towers fell. His own testimonly shows that he was there during the period of time after WTC 7 had been fully evacuated and before WTC 2 fell on it, which would have been maybe 1/2 hour-45 mins or so. The time frame is too narrow to claim it wasn't the tower's collapse that caused these explosions.

Your interpretation also contradicts Jennings' other testimony, as he says he was trapped in WTC 7 until fire fighters came to get him out. If fire fighters came to get him out, then it necessarily means that fire fighters were in fact inside WTC 7.

Methinks you're simply grasping at straws, here.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman

Release date: September 23, 2007

Regarding WTC 7: The long-awaited US Government NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) report on the collapse of WTC 7 is due to be published at the end of this year (although it has been delayed already a few times [ adding fuel to the conspiracy theorists fires!]). That report should explain the cause and mechanics of the collapse in great detail. Early on the afternoon of September 11th 2001, following the collapse of WTC 1 & 2, I feared a collapse of WTC 7 (as did many on my staff).

The reasons are as follows:

1 - Although prior to that day high-rise structures had never collapsed, The collapse of WTC 1 & 2 showed that certain high-rise structures subjected to damage from impact and from fire will collapse.
2. The collapse of WTC 1 damaged portions of the lower floors of WTC 7.
3. WTC 7, we knew, was built on a small number of large columns providing an open Atrium on the lower levels.
4. numerous fires on many floors of WTC 7 burned without sufficient water supply to attack them.

For these reasons I made the decision (without consulting the owner, the mayor or anyone else - as ranking fire officer, that decision was my responsibility) to clear a collapse zone surrounding the building and to stop all activity within that zone. Approximately three hours after that order was given, WTC 7 collapsed.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit.

Regards, Dan Nigro
Chief of Department FDNY (retired)

Not that I expect you to believe it.....

I believe it. As it refutes every single word that Larry uttered. Bolding by me.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
Moreover, being a developer and lease holder, it's clear we would have had much, much, MUCH more contact with fire department authorities in his transactions I.E. inspectors, getting permits, following fire codes, than he ever would with demolitions technicians.

Really? A developer? Someone who buys buildings, destroys them and rebuilds another building wouldn't know demolition lingo?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

He never said any such thing about explosions going off before the planes hit.

And neither did I. Did you even read my post?

He was trapped specifically BECUASE the towers fell.

That is absolutely false. Did you even watch the video interview of him that I posted? He specifically states that when they reached the 6th floor, there was a huge explosion and they went back UP. Then he says both towers were still standing after they went back up.

I'm starting to notice your game. You either didn't read what I posted or you twisted my words around. You also didn't watch the video interview of Mr. Jennings and are twisting his words around also.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Really? A developer? Someone who buys buildings, destroys them and rebuilds another building wouldn't know demolition lingo?

Well, according to all the info I've seen, his constructing the WTC 7 building in 1977 was his only major development project before 2001...and THAT was undeveloped property. All his other projects were buying, selling, and maintaining existing buildings, or building on undeveloped property. Nothign I've seen showed he ever employed controlled demolitions in any of his past projects. So, I'd say yes, he *wouldn't* really know controlled demolition lingo.

Is anything I posted here incorrect?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This thread is further proof of why I don't contribute much anymore on this forum.

How many Pull It threads are there?

Silverstein did not talk to Nigro as was once believed.

Silverstein did not admit on a taped documentary that he had his building imploded.

Silverstein as far as I know, has never been involved in the demolition of any of his properties.

What do we know? Not much.... he claims to have spoken to someone at the FDNY...

If you want to believe he talked to a member of the FDNY and you want to believe that he was told by the FDNY that the building was going to be demolished..then you have to admit you are accusing the FDNY as being "in on it" like the thousands of others that were involved in this massive conspiracy.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by CameronFox]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
That is absolutely false. Did you even watch the video interview of him that I posted? He specifically states that when they reached the 6th floor, there was a huge explosion and they went back UP. Then he says both towers were still standing after they went back up.

You are right, I didn't look at the video. I am going by the transcript of the video, becuase I'm not about to listen to the video over and over to get his story down. Does he not say...

"When we arrived, the police were in the lobby... Me and Mr. Hess who I didn't know at the time... [got] to the 23rd floor... we couldn't get in. We had to go back down, then police and security took us to the freight elevators where they took us back up and we did get in.

Upon arriving into the OAM POC, we noticed that everybody was gone... only me and Mr. Hess were up there. After I called several individuals, one individual told me to leave and leave right away. Mr. Hess came running back in and said, "We're the only ones up here, we gotta get out of here."

He found the stairwell... we went down the stairs. When we reached the sixth floor... there was an explosion and the landing gave way. I was left there hanging and I had to climb back up and I had to walk back up to the 8th floor... it was dark and very very hot. I asked Mr. Hess to test the phones as I took a fire extinguisher and broke out the windows.

Once I broke out the windows I could see outside below me. I saw police cars on fire, buses on fire. I looked one way, the building was there, I looked the other, the building was gone. I was trapped in there for several hours. I was trapped in there when both buildings came down. "

We can see a number of things right away...

a) he tried to get into the 23rd floor but it was closed off, so he went back down to the lobby and had the police bring him up to the 23rd floor via the freight elevator. This would have taken about a half hour.

b) When he reached the 23rd floor he found that everyone was gone except for police and security, and this is confirmed by Hess. This means this happend after WTC 7 had been evacuated, about an hour after the first plane hit WTC 1.

c) When he went down to the 6th floor via the stairwell, that's when the first explosion occurred. This would have taken about fifteen mins.

d) The north tower fell about an hour and forty five minutes after it was hit, so subtract the hour it took for everyone to have been evacuated by the time he got there, subtract the half hour it took for him finally get into the 23rd floor, and subtract the 15 mins it would take him to reach the 6th floor via the stairway, when the explosion occurred. That's exactly the same time when the north tower hit WTC 7.

e) He admits that police, firefighters, etc were all around him, and that firefighters rescued him after he was trapped. This proves your other statement that no fire fighters were in the building is false.

Please, show me how any of this is incorrect.

I'm starting to notice your game. You either didn't read what I posted or you twisted my words around. You also didn't watch the video interview of Mr. Jennings and are twisting his words around also.

I have no such "game" to speak of. As I said I didn't look at the video. I am going by the transcript of the video, word for word, so I am hardly twisting his words around when I'm specifically using his very words to plot out the timeline of what happened to him...not to mention, refute YOUR statement that there were no fire fighters in WTC 7.

So, the question is, is the transcript that I'm going by different from what the video says? If not, then you have no case to stand on whatsoever with any of your claims.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Oh well excuse me Mr ManEd, sorry for my dyslexia.

But at least you do agree with the rest of my post right that "Larry" was talking out the side of his rear end? I'm glad you posted that though thank you b/c I never knew there was proof he was a lying sac of fecal.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

No, that's not a transcript from the video. There are more than one video of him. Transcripts could be anybody typing their own words for all we know. You can watch the video above for HIS own words. But, if you don't want to watch it, that's fine. But don't comment on things when you're not researched.

You can also tell FEMA, Popular Mechanics and NYT that their claims and stories are all false.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by _BoneZ_]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillresearchn911

But at least you do agree with the rest of my post right that "Larry" was talking out the side of his rear end? I'm glad you posted that though thank you b/c I never knew there was proof he was a lying sac of fecal.

Silverstein was informed AFTER the decision was made to abandon
WTC 7 ! Not that he would have made a difference - as stated by
Chief Nigro, the IC has the total authority on the scene. He can have
anyone removed from the scene if they are interferring with operations.
I have seem fire chiefs tell people to get the @#$%^& off the fire ground
or will have them arrested. Silverstein does not name the person who
called him and Nigro doesn't recall making the call

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The thing is though thedman:

Silverstein claims to be called by the fire chief. He also claims that it is his decision to "pull it". Well, more like it was his suggestion. Nigro's own words refute every single lie that Larry "the Lizard" uttered. You don't find that intriguing at all?

[edit on 4/24/2009 by Griff]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
You don't find that intriguing at all?

A multi-billionaire with an inflated ego hamming it up for a camera? No, never heard of them.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CameronFox
A multi-billionaire with an inflated ego hamming it up for a camera? No, never heard of them.

If it was anything other than 9/11 I would agree 100%. But, Mr. Silverstein has no one else to blame about all this bad press but himself. I hope he's glad his "inflated ego" got the best of him.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

You really think he cares about a hand full of paranoid internet jockeys? Really, it is a non issue for those that deal with him personally and professionally.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join