It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building an EMP device

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I am wanting to create an EMP device.

How much would it cost me approximately at minimum to build an effective device that has the ability of knocking out systems that have computers in them, e.g. computers, cameras, sensors, person communication devices, etc?
What parts will I need and where can I get them from?

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Niiik]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
$100 to $1000 dollars

just depends on the type and size of the device and the range.

www.amazing1.com...

[edit on 23-4-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
May I ask why one would need an EMP device? I would of thought those kinds of things would be highly illegal in most places, my question is what's the need?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I can't say what I need it for as it would be in breach of the terms and conditions.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Niiik]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niiik
I can't say what I need it for as it would be in breach of the terms and conditions.

The only thing it is for, is to generate a pulse. A pulse which will effect neighboring electronic gear.

Don't build one, as you are likely to generate huge potentials. Do you really want to be building a potato cannon whilest electronic warfare it building momentum? That pulse is potentially an actionable event and how will you know how wide the pulse it? If you knew the answers, you wouldn't be asking such questions.

ATS is about knowledge, I don't think it's about requests that are likely to hurt yourself. Drop the electronics and instead, here's a fun project: Convert your car to Fred Flinstone type vehicle instead (cut holes through the floor) and go race an actual car. See how many races you win.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
just shoot a powerline transformer and thAT should knock out about a good radius like a microburst would lol

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
May I ask why one would need an EMP device? I would of thought those kinds of things would be highly illegal in most places, my question is what's the need?

When the policeman goes back to his cruiser to enter your data into his computer, you fry it with the emp device in the back of your camper. The policeman returns with your license and wishes you a good day.

top topics

join